• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2023

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
post here when your shard gets the star on the tree

Star = everyone is guaranteed a gift when a bag appears on the 3rd day
(if you drop a bulk order deed on the elf, before the bag appears)
(EC users can drop it on their health bar)

1701959153583.png
Britain on Atlantic

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice. Thanks. The last of the virtue rewards are coming this year!

I have found putting .1 alchemy on a toon allows you to get BODs for potions that are on the vendor and never run out. Can buy from the NPCs from upstairs or without entering the room in Luna.

I brought eggs to many shards to get the magery book. And bought 100% LRC suits.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hope I'm not the only one actively working on Lake Superior trees. I have a lot of BODs to drop, but I know I can't do eight trees. LOL

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to make it worse, there are 9 trees.... lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just SOLOED Lake Austin's Britain tree.

As Governor of the fair city, I saved up LBODs all year, and it took 307 low-end LBODs (iron Smith & Tinker, Tailor Leather & cloth, Fletcher/Carpenter wood & oak, Inscription, low-end cooking (everything below Miso & sushi), and Alchemy (3-part & 4-part larges).

I still have 102 larges to help other cities with... Screenshot 2023-12-08 17.03.46.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 17.17.18.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 17.28.22.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 17.42.22.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 18.08.29.png

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Britain Tree Finished.png

Lake Superior tree has been completed. I dumped 240 LBODs on it to get the star.

I have 79 complete LBODs left for the next one. I guess I'll be finishing more LBODs tomorrow as well.

It's a good think I enjoy this stuff.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ran through about 40 toons and got 3 new glass windows , two red axe and one green ankh

is this a good return on investment??
6-7% new stuff :rolleyes:

enough already with the retread pillows and lamps...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ran through about 40 toons and got 3 new glass windows , two red axe and one green ankh

Ya I don't have the red masks glass yet. They are weighted. 96 pieces we would get old stuff all the time if not.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
at this point , could they maybe just light all the trees on Dec ??? whatever day and let last until Jan ???? ...30 days to collect the gifts

the towns that get it on xmas eve and day are getting screwed . real life Christmas stuff or oh wait i have to go collect my tree bod goodies from ( insert town) ....

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You have around 30 days to collect the gifts already. It's not until the event ends or the town get a second tree that you can't go and collect your gift anymore. Only time limitation is that you only have 3 days to drop your bods to build the tree.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
right
thats part of what i mean.

drop bods / light the tree/ however you want to say it

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Anyone find it ironic that so called dead shards managed to complete their trees, yet the uber-shard Atlantic failed moonglow and only pushed jhelom through in the wee hours before the deadline?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone find it ironic that so called dead shards managed to complete their trees, yet the uber-shard Atlantic failed moonglow and only pushed jhelom through in the wee hours before the deadline?
Believe it or not, Atlantic has been doing well this year. Sometimes they have none or just a few full trees.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You are supposed to have a higger chance to get new stuff, and a lower chance to get older stuff, but never seems that way right? Bet ya they made a error somewhere with that, or i really dont understand when they said newer items were weighted.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are supposed to have a higger chance to get new stuff, and a lower chance to get older stuff, but never seems that way right? Bet ya they made a error somewhere with that, or i really dont understand when they said newer items were weighted.
The newer ones are weighted, I have gotten 4 new items or more each round. I get very few pillows or lanterns or paintings relative to newer items.

There are 96 items. We would have a 4% chance to get the new stuff if not weighted.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The newer ones are weighted, I have gotten 4 new items or more each round. I get very few pillows or lanterns or paintings relative to newer items.

There are 96 items. We would have a 4% chance to get the new stuff if not weighted.
Yep, but the halloween stuff is weighted as well, and i will get tons of old stuff before getting anything new. I would like to see the code and loot tables to go with it. This is a small team, and there is probably only 1 person coding for them, so mistakes can and will happen.

Test center doesnt test much anymore. The least they coukd do is release small snippets like this for the community to help, just like they used to back under luecrocian for 5onfriday

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An hour and a half ago, I started sending my characters to the Drachenfels Skara Brae tree. My heart sank into my shoes when I arrived there to hand in my first BoD. There was nothing there yet, not even the little scrawny twig-thing. And then, as I logged in and out, I saw it grow, notably through the efforts of ladies Arwen, Ayaluna, Eysha and Ilka. Then, just a few minutes ago, the star was there.
Impressive work!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Skara Brae

shards with stars
Baja
Chesapeake
Drachenfels
Great Lakes
Sonoma

shards at bulb stage
Pacific
Siege Perilous

Large Green
Catskills

Charlie Brown tree
Atlantic
Lake Superior

====

If not listed, they didn't have a tree yet (only checked Asuka on the Asian shards)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There is a whole lot of Winning! going on , that I can tell you. BiG beautiful trees, very large, BiG BiG...