• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival 2020

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Ugh - I'm afraid LS has no one at that level of dedication. I've heard that we've only (at least in recent years) ever reached a full tree one time, in one city. Last year several of the trees never grew beyond stag 2. I'm hoping this year is different, as I really love the rewards.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rewards are? I have crafters but never do it! Maybe this year i’ll start

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I love the rewards - Christmas stuff is my favorite deco and the only stuff I really pursue. Last year was my first year doing the festival, and I got a decent arrangement of lanterns, pillows, paintings, and sculptures. I hope to get a bunch more this year directly and via trades.

I wish we had an uber-trader on LS :( I'm happy for you servers that do. It's an enormous undertaking to get a tree to full stature. Doing it in 8 cities is mind-boggling.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love the rewards - Christmas stuff is my favorite deco and the only stuff I really pursue. Last year was my first year doing the festival, and I got a decent arrangement of lanterns, pillows, paintings, and sculptures. I hope to get a bunch more this year directly and via trades.

I wish we had an uber-trader on LS :( I'm happy for you servers that do. It's an enormous undertaking to get a tree to full stature. Doing it in 8 cities is mind-boggling.
Is LS up? Sometimes we lag behind a day.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The rewards are? I have crafters but never do it! Maybe this year i’ll start
I believe they are all just decorations. I've only done it a handful of times over the years as most of my time has been used by Krampus and running trade orders.

Here are a couple I have laying around. You get a gift box with them too.

1606852508175.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said there will be new ones this year.

Aestra

Adventurer
Ugh - I'm afraid LS has no one at that level of dedication. I've heard that we've only (at least in recent years) ever reached a full tree one time, in one city. Last year several of the trees never grew beyond stag 2. I'm hoping this year is different, as I really love the rewards.
I plan on saving most of my contributions for moonglow

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It. . . is. . .really . . . not . . . true. . . . right? They just don't learn!

This is now the fifth year where the old parts reappear - and the new ones were simply implemented additionally.
(Someone should plz be kind to post the true result. Should this not be the case - plz correct me! Thx!)

So really - in "Set it on it" our Dev's are really great - that has to be said. Surely it can't be that hard to get it to fit again - especially since some of them will then be annoyed again with the great RNG, who put a lot of hard work into the filling bods.

Well, let's see if I can really pull myself for that this year - I'm not really the big crafter and bod filler right now. The theme with the full tree for each city we did last year on Drachenfels - look here:

Yes we can! (Drachenfels Artisan Festival 2019)

Although... *sighs* these tiles are nice.... Argh...damn, why they couldn't have communicated this picture earlier - you always have to learn everything from Dot ;)
But.... *thinking* ... if they now cut the set of the new Artisan Rewards again into pieces - 2 of red/green and then for the bed and window collection, there is still hope that UO will run for at least four more years ;). Time enough than also - to think what do do with my Virtue Keep.

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for building the tree! How many BODs do i need to drop on Elf now to ensure a reward? I've been dropping 3 BODs to be on the safe side. Thnx again!

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I have given up on smalls. The bank values are so small they're not worth turning in. I see people on LS turning in 150 BODs (smalls) and it can't be moving the needle very much. Some of my smalls have .2 banking points.

I'm bribing everything to the max, taking the advice someone else posted. The points costs are worth the money to me; I can make money doing other things faster than I can save it by doing smalls.

The problem I'm running into is finding enough crooked vendors to keep accepting my bribes :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which shards have full trees? Can someone make a thread so we can follow the full trees.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, I got Great Lakes, Sonoma, and Baja done.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Siege has their tree done too

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm checking the trees now.

Currently my list is as follows:

Legends - Not even started
Atlantic - Stage 4
Lake Superior - Stage 2
Great Lakes - Stage 5 (Full Tree)
Catskills - Stage 3
Origin - Stage 1
Pacific - Stage 3
Lake Austin - Not Started
Napa Valley - Not Started
Europa - Stage 4
Oceania - Not Started
Wakoku - Stage 2
Hokuto - Stage 1
Formosa - Not Started
Izumo - Stage 5 (Full Tree)
Mizuho - Stage 5
Yamato - Stage 5
Asuka - Stage 5
Arirang - Not Started

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did someone post the amount of points per level... swore i saw it on a thread once
Not sure but on the other forum, guy said it took him 217 LBODS to get fully lit, of varying ores except etc..

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
someone, it seems, tossed out the 25k figure...I wouldnt doubt that at all

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is 25k BANKABLE points per tree to grow from start to finish. (I added up all the points in a book, named the books the point value, dropped them on tree at server up, after I added up what I had left and subtracted the difference. 25k :))
It is not worth turning in the smalls in an attempt to grow the tree - it would take thousands. Use the smalls just make sure all your toons get a gift.
The Yew tree on Chessy took 217 Large smith. (weapons, all armor types, color ores, and amounts) The next tree will be tailor Bods so that will take more since tailor ones are worth so much less in general.
Barring incredibly bad addition on my part, Chessy will have all trees fully grown this year.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
LS is at level 4. I'm burning every large BOD I can get my hands on. I just bribed up 4 more chainmail larges to valorite exceptional 20s. I have a half-dozen weapons ones I'll do - and then I'll move on to fletching if we don't have a star yet.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Close call guys, congrats!

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've popped two tree rewards on Baja - both old rewards :( Hope it's not a trend that continues...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got a stained glass on LS, a cot cover on Sonoma and of course the shard I ACTUALLY play on I got an old one that I already have.

That RNG man...it hates me! lol

The stained glass is REALLY pretty though so I know I'm going to end up buying them.

1607099423921.png

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Weez all told demz at uh meet und greet weez wanted da old wunz gone but nerg dey said dey wuld 'weigh' da nu wunz to appear more. Itz sounding like so far demz aint. Meez guna seez once meez kan kollect all minez. Guud Luck hummiez.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks I dont have any rubble cot headboards. Glad they fit something. They also kinda fit the gargish cot.

1607106619694.png

The blankets fold into a green blanket when dbl clk.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! The new items are too cute! Too freaking cute, ty art people! The blankets fit rubble small beds very well! Yay!

segmentman

Adventurer
I'm on Atlantic. I tried to give him a BOD,( in Yew) and said gifts were given out, go to the next city. The town criers are all saying yew......I haven't done this in years.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The Yew tree "finished" last night. You need to turn in BODs before the tree finishes - however far along it progresses. I'm not sure which city is next, but when you see the crier announce it, go give that elf a BOD. That way, you'll have a chance for a gift. If the tree gets a star, you'll be guaranteed a gift.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a Compassion bedspread, Green Justice stained glass, and Red Coin stained glass on Baja out of 28 gifts. I just bought 2% bowyer skill on all the characters and bought the arrows/bolts/shafts from NPC. I missed shards where I actually have crafters/houses but I do have 28 impatient alts waiting outside Izumo tree for their shard startup time. Just got 3 out of 28 again on Izumo. Now have full "green" sets of glass and bedspreads but only one Red item - coin glass.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Yew tree "finished" last night. You need to turn in BODs before the tree finishes - however far along it progresses. I'm not sure which city is next, but when you see the crier announce it, go give that elf a BOD. That way, you'll have a chance for a gift. If the tree gets a star, you'll be guaranteed a gift.
How long is the tree "active" to turn in BODs to get the star?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The gift collection period is usually until the Festival cycles back to that city. If they leave it on as long as last year, that means two full cycles.