• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Article Ratings - It's a thanks

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi All,

I have been wandering through and enjoying the reading of the article section on Stratics. Have to say I am pretty impressed with the write ups.

I did notice that most articles have several hundred views however not a single review.

Think of your review rating a great way of thanking the person who took the time out to do the write up. They usually love feedback and if you do nothing else than give them some stars based on how you like their efforts, it is a great thank you for their time.

A few comments and suggestions every now and then are a very nice lift as well.

Big thanks to all the article submissions and I look forward to reading all the reviews of your write ups coming your way.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I started to do that when the article system was new, and I completely understand that people appreciate good reviews, but I noticed that the reviews became somewhat less than authentic sounding and very repetitive rather quickly.

There are only so many times a person can write "great job! 5 stars! original!" etc. before it loses its meaning entirely. I still press the like button on all articles, but posting the same almost word for word reviews on each of the hundreds of articles just seems like it wouldn't have any more meaning than a "like" before very long in my opinion.

I do agree that the articles are all fantastic though, and I am truly impressed by the dedication of the people who write them.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I started to do that when the article system was new, and I completely understand that people appreciate good reviews, but I noticed that the reviews became somewhat less than authentic sounding and very repetitive rather quickly.

There are only so many times a person can write "great job! 5 stars! original!" etc. before it loses its meaning entirely. I still press the like button on all articles, but posting the same almost word for word reviews on each of the hundreds of articles just seems like it wouldn't have any more meaning than a "like" before very long in my opinion.

I do agree that the articles are all fantastic though, and I am truly impressed by the dedication of the people who write them.
You can give a stat rating without leaving a comment. No need to repeat yourself if you don't want to. I don't always leave a note but I do like recognise a job well done with some stars

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can give a stat rating without leaving a comment. No need to repeat yourself if you don't want to. I don't always leave a note but I do like recognise a job well done with some stars
I did not know that, in the early days of the system I could have sworn it required a comment to give stars. It's good to know it's possible to just give stars without having to comment on them all. :)