• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arrows?

• Thread starter imported_ParadoxUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_ParadoxUO

New to Europa and finishing my archer... where can i find arrows for loot?

There are monsters that have them?

Thank you!

W

Winder UO

In Ilshenar there is a certain monster called centaur. half man half horse. They have ****loads of arrows. Not that hard to kill either. Just watch your karma as they will insta target you when you get neg karma. So will the nasty serpentine dragons there

Not quite sure where it is. But a search on http://uo.stratics.com should do the trick.

G

Ratman archers are a common one, though you'll likely have to deal with mages, too.
Juka Lords have 50 arrows, minus the ones they fire at you.
Meer... Captains? That have, I think, Arrows and bolts... But they're pretty tough, and lose you karma.
Changelings have arrows and bolts, too. but they are tough in their own way.

The mobile gypsy camps in Ilshenar sell arrows, cheaply. Whenever they move to a new place, their prices reset to something like 4/arrow and 6/bolt.

G

Arrows are very easy to make actually, don't need much bowcraft skill. You may find it easier to chop wood, to make the shafts, and kill any birds/harpies for feathers! It's another option, anyway.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

...and i live near Cove... time to find an orc slayer heavy crossbow and a scout slayer talisman...

G

<blockquote><hr>

...and i live near Cove... time to find an orc slayer heavy crossbow and a scout slayer talisman...

[/ QUOTE ]The scouts will give you arrows, while the crossbow will require bolts...
Would it not be better to use a bow?

I

imported_ParadoxUO

duh! thank you! hum which bow does more dmg?

which monster gives bolts?

G

with a little search on the hunters guide only the meer captains drop bolts

G

<blockquote><hr>

with a little search on the hunters guide only the meer captains drop bolts

[/ QUOTE ]Changelings should, too, as I recall...
As I understand it, they have Arrows and Bolts in their inventories if the become a character who's an archer, they need to have ammo to fire. Quite interesting, if you like that sort of thing...

For a bow, the highest damaging bow I can think of would probably be a Yumi. Although, they're agonisingly slow.

Also, Orc Scouts are... I can't say that word...
Great beasties, but not easy pickings...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you're into gaining negative karma, there's always the option of killing NPC rangers across Skara Brae's docks, on mainland...

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Thanks again... i now have over 15k arrows/bolts.

Yesterday i was given a demon slayer bow and a blue undead slayer... went on my first run to Doom...

the gains are impressive!

made it to 93 bushido... and almost 107 archery now... and last night i got my first artefact... took me 2hours and about 45 minutes...

spirit of the totem.

If you see me down there... Moliera, do say hello!

thanks again to the Elven Knights for taking personal interest on me... i owe you guys!

I

imported_ParadoxUO

This has been a great weekend!

You guys in the Gauntlet are impressive... thanks for all the tips.