• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arrogant trammies

S

SUPRsalad

K, heres my long awaited rant:
you trammies are basically ruining this game. This is all I see you people doing:

1. Farming
2. Complaining
3. accusing
4. paging
5. demanding
6. an overall unwillingness to learn anything from anyone they didn't meet in tram.
7. a general assumption that because someone is red, they are cheating.
8. because someone likes to pk, they are automatically a jerk irl.
9. the assumption that because someone plays well, they cheat as well.
10. that we are all terrible people who DO NOT pay our 12 a month to help keep YOUR game alive, who do NOT burn 300mil worth of hammers to provide equipment for new players, who do NOT give away every decent piece of armor to someone who needs it, who live with our moms, who get off on being mean to lesser players (you).

Rather than accusing us of cheating/hacking (which, you cant hack this game client side, so wise up), why don't you try treating us without bias, and unwarranted accusation. This is TRULY the ONLY way you will ever learn to pvp properly, and thus enjoy the game in its entirety.

It is TOTALLY arrogant of you to think otherwise. Give us some credit. We have worked hard at what we do. To think you're just going to come to fel, with your suit which is probably better than ours to begin with, and a finished template of your own design, you're going to be able to own us. It doesn't work like that. Yeah, you can solo Lady mel, but can you solo me? I doubt it. I really doubt it.

It took me years to get my macros down, and even longer still to actually utilize them. I will gladly fight any one of you whiners WHILE running a video app, with taskbar in full view. The only thing you will see is UOassist, automap, and ' ______ gold has been deposited to your bank account', and sometimes, 'you have been reported for murder.'

True, theres a few out there that do fit your description, but its a generalization, if not a form of UO racism. We're not all zit-faced stoners who live with mom and get off on being jerks to people. Most of the best pvp'ers I know do not cheat, they just know their macros, and they use them well. Furthermore, 4/5 of the best pvpers on PAC are some of the most generous and entertaining people I have ever met. I can remember trying to get help from trammies when i myself was one.. 'go away' and '#$@% off' were two of the most common replies.

The trend i notice is that the hacker/speeder types are isolated groups who generally don't get along with other players. They usually exist in small packages, that usually self-destruct with time due to an over-abundance of ego within their ranks. Their usually in it for themselves, and thus, they usually end up BY themselves..

I have always said it is arrogant to think that ANY trammie can't learn to pvp.
The same can be said in reverse. Its arrogant to think that you can just teach yourself without our help.

Thats my two cents. Wanna learn? ask the proffesionals. You may find yourself pwning faces sooner than you imagined..

-welcome to cosco, i love you.

S

SUPRsalad

basically just tired of being accused of cheating. Im really actually not very 'l33t'.

K

Kiwillian

Some of your post makes you come across as an "arrogant fellie" to be honest. I do see some of your points though but I think your rant was badly written in parts.

Being accused of hacking or scripting isn't nice but if you PVP in any MMO, get used to it. It's not unique to UO or the tram/fel split. Try playing a PVP focused game like Eve Online in a big corp/alliance and see how much smack talking and mud slinging goes on :)

Harden up man.

R

RichDC

you trammies are basically ruining this game. This is all I see you people doing:

1. Farming
2. Complaining
3. accusing
4. paging
5. demanding
6. an overall unwillingness to learn anything from anyone they didn't meet in tram.
10. that we are all terrible people who DO NOT pay our 12 a month to help keep YOUR game alive, who do NOT burn 300mil worth of hammers to provide equipment for new players, who do NOT give away every decent piece of armor to someone who needs it, who live with our moms, who get off on being mean to lesser players (you).

Rather than accusing us of cheating/hacking (which, you cant hack this game client side, so wise up), why don't you try treating us without bias, and unwarranted accusation. This is TRULY the ONLY way you will ever learn to pvp properly, and thus enjoy the game in its entirety.

It is TOTALLY arrogant of you to think otherwise. Give us some credit. We have worked hard at what we do. To think you're just going to come to fel, with your suit which is probably better than ours to begin with, and a finished template of your own design, you're going to be able to own us. It doesn't work like that. Yeah, you can solo Lady mel, but can you solo me? I doubt it. I really doubt it.

It took me years to get my macros down, and even longer still to actually utilize them. I will gladly fight any one of you whiners WHILE running a video app, with taskbar in full view. The only thing you will see is UOassist, automap, and ' ______ gold has been deposited to your bank account', and sometimes, 'you have been reported for murder.'

True, theres a few out there that do fit your description, but its a generalization, if not a form of UO racism. We're not all zit-faced stoners who live with mom and get off on being jerks to people. Most of the best pvp'ers I know do not cheat, they just know their macros, and they use them well. Furthermore, 4/5 of the best pvpers on PAC are some of the most generous and entertaining people I have ever met. I can remember trying to get help from trammies when i myself was one.. 'go away' and '#$@% off' were two of the most common replies.

The trend i notice is that the hacker/speeder types are isolated groups who generally don't get along with other players. They usually exist in small packages, that usually self-destruct with time due to an over-abundance of ego within their ranks. Their usually in it for themselves, and thus, they usually end up BY themselves..

The same can be said in reverse. Its arrogant to think that you can just teach yourself without our help.

Thats my two cents. Wanna learn? ask the proffesionals. You may find yourself pwning faces sooner than you imagined..

-welcome to cosco, i love you.
*SLOW CLAP*

Well said!!

Espicailly the list, farm - complain!!!

I suppose it could be said im a trammy at heart but im not your average. I actually do the opposite on almost every one of that list (i do live at home still cant afford to move :(). I see alot of selfishness in trammies, alot less than i see in fel.

If someone dropped an item in trammel and asked for it back the reply EVERY time would b F**K OFF!! In fel, normally, its a case of Ask nicely (so they can humiliate you :p) but they 9/10 return said item.

It does annoy me how much the game is driven by PvM, i started PvP because everything PvM was so F**IN easy! i can solo or 2man every peerless champ, whatever and needed a break.

Needed to try something that was a challenge, getting my first kill was alot more satisfying than getting my first crimmy let me tell you!!!the feeling of 1upmanship unsermountable!!! 6months i think ive now been "PvPing" and gues what...i still suk and still regurlarly get owned!! Good fun though and its about the last true challenge in game!

S

SUPRsalad

*sigh* i suppose yr all right.. I was pretty hung over and out of it when i wrote it. I suppose i did sound arrogant. I should have proof read, BUT
you gotta admit i had some points somewhere in that wall o text.

The way I actually wanted to come across, was 'inviting'. We have one token trammy in our guild right now that took a lot of interest in pvp, and I am proud to say, he has come a very long way. He actually beat me in a duel once, and kills enough to keep his points/faction gear equipped..

I just think all this negative talk about the pvpers isn't very productive. I just don't want to see my favorite game die, and I feel that the best way we can be constructive is to bridge the gap between the pvmers and pvpers. (hey, even the best of the best pvpers love to do a little peerless/quests sometimes.

*sigh* ill be going away now.. sorry.. :sad4:

L

Locus_Ceruleus

"This is TRULY the ONLY way you will ever learn to pvp properly, and thus enjoy the game in its entirety.'

You arrogantly seem to think that there is only one game and that you're playing it. There are ppl who don't want an elevated heart rate as a past time. We like to RELAX and pvp ain't relaxin'. See the great thing about fel/tram is that if you don't care for the other side you don't have to interact with them.

S

SUPRsalad

no i was referring to that other guys post about 'why i cant enjoy the game in its entirety'.

we like to chill out max and relax all cool too. The heart rate thing goes away after a while, and you spend the rest of your time trying to synthesize that first time you whacked somebody.. :)

I'm really not trying to say anything negative about the trammies as a whole. We were all once trammies, and still have fond tramemories. I suppose the title was over-generalized. I don't mean ALL trammies, just the jerks that don't believe us when we say we don't hack, and spread rumors and make our aspect of the game seem so evil! When you say you solo'd dreadhorn, I believe you, and I wish I could be invited to do some peerless crap with you. When we say 'we aren't hacking' you say 'BS! I HATE YOU! YOU'RE RUINING MY GAME!'

Then FURTHERMORE, you go and tell all your trammie friends, and post in the rants section about it, making it seem like fel is an evil place you have to hack and cheat to survive in.

I really was trying to sound inviting to that guy, and whomever else he may have represented with his post. We would enjoy you to come 'enjoy the game in its entirety.'

l

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that may be YOUR case, but it seems it's NOT HIS case.

So chill out, sheesh.
You're on a forum called Spiels and Rants. Replying to a reply to a post that is a rant.

And you tell someone to chill out?

Do you have any idea how little sense that makes?

It's called Spiels and Rants for a reason, I would assume.

Frankly I think it's a load of **** that it's got a god-damn profanity filter.

Tell the ****stick who made the initial post to chill out.

Or are only Trammies supposed to be calm and deliberative in the face of ranting bull****?

-Galen's player

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you tell someone to chill out?

Do you have any idea how little sense that makes?
Yeah, I'm telling you to chill out.
Think it makes perfect sense since you're making such an unnecessary personal attack with an inability to articulate yourself without profanity.
Chill out, lol

E

eolsunder

Well in response to that post..

Most reds i see kill you on sight if you are blue, even if you are just running in a death robe after having just been killed.

Most reds over the years will rez-kill you if you are dumb enough to rez near them.

We don't assume all reds are cheating, but many do. I have known dozens, hundreds over the years and i know what programs they use, what tricks they employ. Everyone knows the reds when they found out they could double stack spells with scrolls. Yep, they did it. When you could find the program that lessened your visual load by changing all trees into stumps for easier movement/pvp.. yep, they used it. I laugh when they actually post videos of them cheating, and turn around and say "i don't do that." I've listened to them talking on their chat lines.

We know over the years reds gank and insult bad pvpers a lot more than any trammie will ever insult some red pker.

I know the programs pvpers use to quicken their actions, to auto chug potions, to cast spells faster than regular players. I've tried them all out myself. If i want to unload spells on someone, SPELL / LASTTARGET is the slowest way to do it.

And yes, there are good pvpers, and the good ones know their keys and how to use them. And like any other pvper, if they find a way to be better with a "shortcut" they will use that also, especially if they are getting owned by those using it. Just like most pvpers adjust their template to the current "uberness" layout, they will adjust their programs and usage to take full advantage of all the pvp ability they can.

And sorry, some red pker talking about fairness, compassion, and being treated without bias? Kinda funny. Maybe nicer pvpers these days because they don't have the run of the land like they used to do before trammel. Trammel basically left the diehard real pkers to just kill each other, and that wasn't fun. Pkers these days have their trammel characters and friends, so they aren't quite the pain in the butts as they used to be.

But man, oh what a fuss trammel makes! The evil trammel! Bullies get kinda mad when their victims aren't around to pick on anymore. God i used to love the "trammel killed UO" threads from all the pking reds who could only sit around and fight each other after everyone left.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm telling you to chill out.
Think it makes perfect sense since you're making such an unnecessary personal attack with an inability to articulate yourself without profanity.
Chill out, lol
*looks at original post*

*looks at your comment about personal attacks*

*laughs*

As to profanity....Go back to church, I guess? This forum is called Spiels and Rants. The merest glance around pretty much suggests that profanity is the norm. I have to put up with more personal attacks and profanity in U-Hall than anyone does here.

Only difference is, now it's a "Trammie" using the filthy words!

Oh my!! That **** ain't cool!!!

-Galen's player

S

Shioni

1. Farming
2. Complaining
3. accusing
4. paging
5. demanding

HaHa you must be a friend a Catlords no American uses the phrase "Arrogant Trammies"

We just called them ******bags.

Stop your pancakes your just upset because you cant gank them in Tram. Also for sake of argument blues hate reds because reds kill blues!

It dost take a genius to figure out that killing people even in a game is wrong, and morally if you cant tell the difference between that 90% chance you use cheating programs because you also cant tell the difference between playing legit and cheating

This not an opinion either, its psychology.

Dr Poth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played UO on and of for 8 years, but I've nevered care for pvp nor Fel. I prefer pvm, I don't have time nor patience to get good a pvp. But my keep is in Fel and the odd red that passes always stops to see if they can attack me somehow, but I don't care. I pay no attention to it as it's an aspect of the game that doesn't interest me, much like certain skills/player classes. I'll avoid reds when I do occasional spend time in Fel. Admittedly I have a instant distrust for reds from back in the day when they did just pk everyone and anyone and res kill etc, but I just ignore them now. For my pvp fix I'll go play an fps. I play in trammel and do guild hunts etc, not pvp.

Does that make me an arrogant trammie? The fact that I just really care all that much.....

And people do cheat. People find a way to cheat/exploit etc in every game ever. It's what some people do to get ahead, just like the real world. Funny that. But I don't care, I do what I do and enjoy and care about what affects me directly.

B

Bara

" There are ppl who don't want an elevated heart rate as a past time. We like to RELAX and pvp ain't relaxin'.
I really don't have much to add; but it's true that the elevated heart rate thing diminishes in time. I remember the first time I tried to pvp, and my heart actually did race and my hands had a difficult time finding the proper keys. Of course I died. I died a lot, and frequently..

But eventually that elevated heart rate and anxiousness went away.

Not saying PVP should be your thing; the world is big enough for all walks of life to enjoy themselves equally; rather, just trying to give you some insight.

M

MoneyMaker

As far as the trammy thing goes, i guess i would be called a trammy. I spend a fair amount of time in both fel and tram.
In tram i just have to compete with others to get the same area for a time. (anyone who says that there is very little cheat/users in tram needs to open their eyes!)
In fel i just have to be more careful. having befriended alot of Reds and got to know them over the years, i usually hunt with them or (being blue myself) act as bait for other blues. (guess that they think that since i am blue i am a safe bet to be around.)
I have tried PvP several times and Love the rush of the fight, But since i am still on dial-up (yes it still exists) PvP for me is a easy kill for others.
As far as the whole trammy hates the fellite or fellite hates the trammy,
thing, trust me people, there are idiots/fools/and instigators on both sides of the line.
No matter what facet is for you, there are gonna be haters of it.
For all those who are die-hard trammies, give fel a try! whats the worst that can happen? you get killed? Don't bring your valuables with you then! If u haven't been killed in ages then you must have tons of checks for mils, so use ur insurance!
Like Mama always said "you won't know if you like it til you try it!"
If fel is not for you, well then don't complain about not getting the PS or anything else that is fel based. (If they are Red then they can't get into any of the other facets. is that fair? No more fair than you expecting to get PS's in trammel!!!!!)
Enjoy the game........... all of it or the part you choose to play and let others be!!

S

SUPRsalad

a little off topic,

last night an archer says 'wanna duel' i thought.. 'duel' an archer? well.. i was bored so what the hell..

he came out of the house and hit me with everything he had. I didn't cast on him, instead i just stood and healed. (necromage) he mortaled, i ate an apple..
and just healed through the punishment. so finally, i start casting on him, he starts to drop, runs back in the house.. moments later comes out unarmed and says 'f*&^%^*& healing script' I have to admit. i was flattered. but i thought of this post again..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a little off topic,

last night an archer says 'wanna duel' i thought.. 'duel' an archer? well.. i was bored so what the hell..

he came out of the house and hit me with everything he had. I didn't cast on him, instead i just stood and healed. (necromage) he mortaled, i ate an apple..
and just healed through the punishment. so finally, i start casting on him, he starts to drop, runs back in the house.. moments later comes out unarmed and says 'f*&^%^*& healing script' I have to admit. i was flattered. but i thought of this post again..
That archer sounds like a lot pf PvPers out there. If you can't beat them they must be hacking or scripting, lol.

A

Arch Magus

a little off topic,

Hm, how did he get in his house, I guess he wasn't flagged on you?

Either way, what a puss.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some off topic and nationality prejudiced posts have been removed.

On topic: You don't have to be in fel to be accused of cheating, anyone who has a full understanding of their character template is likely to be accused of such by people who think they know everything and therefore have no need to ask 'how did you do that?'
My husband has had GM's called on him multiple times, to the point where one of them actually told him 'This is the third time tonight you've been called on, but you have nothing to worry about, you've doing nothing wrong'. The reason for the calls? He was gaining hp while mortalled or poisoned - how? He has bushido.

He was also accused of having an 'infinite mana hack' in Doom - What was the 'hack'? Having 120 meditation and focus while using 'fireball'.

B

Beer_Cayse

huh. I know Med + Focus is immensely fast mana regen. I can see how an ignorant player could accuse like that.

(**) ignorance can be cured; there is no cure for stupid.

R

RichDC

huh. I know Med + Focus is immensely fast mana regen. I can see how an ignorant player could accuse like that.

(**) ignorance can be cured; there is no cure for stupid.
120med, 120 focus and 12mr suit...30MR!!!!(ish the med and focus are a little different but wtf its close!)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention you can go into wraith mode and regen your mana back too. Silly people.

A lot of you had good points. Some were kind of out there. There are a lot of wonderful people in UO. PvPer's and PvE'ers alike. Some of those people are one and the same.
I play on the Atlantic shard. I have two reds and love to pvp. I also spend a great deal of time in Trammel. I craft, run a vendor mall, and a successful guild. We hunt in Fel and Trammel.

I don't think that because I have reds I am a bad person. Reds are neccassary when defending a spawn or helping a guildie while defending a spawn. I don't attack innocent blues. I don't kill random miners and Lj's (we all know a majority of farmers use scripts for gathering resources which is just as bad as running speed hacks and client mods)
There are bad pvper's and bad trammies. We all know that. I still think someone should be judged based on themselves and not a stereotype. We aren't all the same. No two people are going to be identical. A wonderful thing about UO is the opportunity to meet all sorts of men and women from all walks of life. Aprreciate that! You might never have another chance to get to know someone like this. PLUS! Its a game! Have fun!

A

Arch Magus

Not to mention you can go into wraith mode and regen your mana back too. Silly people.

A lot of you had good points. Some were kind of out there. There are a lot of wonderful people in UO. PvPer's and PvE'ers alike. Some of those people are one and the same.
I play on the Atlantic shard. I have two reds and love to pvp. I also spend a great deal of time in Trammel. I craft, run a vendor mall, and a successful guild. We hunt in Fel and Trammel.

I don't think that because I have reds I am a bad person. Reds are neccassary when defending a spawn or helping a guildie while defending a spawn. I don't attack innocent blues. I don't kill random miners and Lj's (we all know a majority of farmers use scripts for gathering resources which is just as bad as running speed hacks and client mods)
There are bad pvper's and bad trammies. We all know that. I still think someone should be judged based on themselves and not a stereotype. We aren't all the same. No two people are going to be identical. A wonderful thing about UO is the opportunity to meet all sorts of men and women from all walks of life. Aprreciate that! You might never have another chance to get to know someone like this. PLUS! Its a game! Have fun!
Great post.

I'll just add that with all the cheaters, speeders, scriptors and the like in UO, I love it just the same.

It's such a great game really. Probably the best ever created.:D

I can't count the times I've stopped to talk to some very interesting people in very dangerous places in UO before. It can be eye opening and a nice change of pace to just chill.

A

Arch Magus

On topic: You don't have to be in fel to be accused of cheating, anyone who has a full understanding of their character template is likely to be accused of such by people who think they know everything and therefore have no need to ask 'how did you do that?'
My husband has had GM's called on him multiple times, to the point where one of them actually told him 'This is the third time tonight you've been called on, but you have nothing to worry about, you've doing nothing wrong'. The reason for the calls? He was gaining hp while mortalled or poisoned - how? He has bushido.

He was also accused of having an 'infinite mana hack' in Doom - What was the 'hack'? Having 120 meditation and focus while using 'fireball'.
I found these very funny.
Gaining HP while mortaled and nox'd? LOL no wai!!:danceb:

L

Laf

After reading the original post in this thread. Post number 1. I found something to say!!!Lol

True I can PVP EXTREMELY well.. but for the life of me I cant go to Dread Horn without dying 10-40 times a run. I have no idea how to do bedlam. Completely clueless. When I go in there I hide at the door, or run through with Invis pre casted.
Yes. Not all ELITE GEARED tram players can go to fel and PVP WELL or GREAT!.
It also works both ways.
Not all ELITE GEARED fel players can go to tram and PVM WELL or GREAT.

I would be one, to start.

L

Laf

It really all depends on how much your willing to apply yourself.
Sonmeone tries tellin me how to do bedlam, with a list of 16 steps and I think.. No way, too much bs!! I can find a smoke someone in 5 mins.. and It never gets boring for me.. Ill go do that.. lol. But im sure if I took the time to do it, it would be easier in due time.

Keep in mind whether it be pvm or pvp. you wont be as good or better than too many people so soon. You cant expect to begin pvping and after 6 months, be ten times better or even remotely close to all of the pvpers, when some of them have been pvping for a good 5-10 years.. same thing goes for spawning. I cant start trying to solo a mel and expect to be anywhere as good as someone who has been doing it 20xs a day for the past 6 months.
Its just not gunna happen.

G

Gark

As for folks hollering cheat, i was paged on for mining with a luna lance in hand(i use chiv on my mules). My good pal was asked how long he had been duping for wearing fey leggings that werent elves only. I think part of the problem is people playin UO 5 months on bought accounts thinkin they know what is what from 4-10 years ago.
Some guy i saw starting a "museum"bragged on and on about rare regs he had, (deadwood, executioners caps), and a rare scroll(the scroll from the haven paladin quest.). He had them placed on central table as the pride of his accomplishments, and claimed he had played since 97.

In regards to Galen's Player (Galen Knighthawke) posting earlier in thread, I have played, hunted in community hunts and Rp'd with him.
For him to blow his top in such a manner, I'm pretty sure something got him going. Nicer guy can't be found.

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when trammel spawned i moved there before they allowed any house placement and never looked back - i enjoyed crafting and gathering resources without my pack animal and myself not being killed an looted just because i was there.

L

Laf

when trammel spawned i moved there before they allowed any house placement and never looked back - i enjoyed crafting and gathering resources without my pack animal and myself not being killed an looted just because i was there.
omfg!! meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee2!
and i have 6-1 redss.... meaning 6 red chars, 1 blur, PER SHARD, minus sp, m. both blue! doh!!! I knoes!!!!