• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arms Lore

G

I noticed that very few people put arms lore in they're templet for carp, and the few that did only took it to 50 or so. I have this skill in the 70s right now. I put it on thinking that it would give me the bonus on carp made items like it does on the metel items. Any thoughts wether i should stop here or not?

E

eolsunder1

should apply to all weapons and armor. every 20 points either adds +1 damage incease or +1 resist.

So their 60 arms more would add +3 damage increase to weapons, or +3 resist to armor. Should apply to any metal, wood or what ever weapon/armor.

Really you want to get it to 100. +3 is good, but why not have +5. Its not hard to raise arms lore.

G

Thanks alot. I agree why not take it to 100 but I just noticed that no other carpenters had that on they're profile and I thought I was missing something....

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I noticed that very few people put arms lore in they're templet for carp, and the few that did only took it to 50 or so. I have this skill in the 70s right now. I put it on thinking that it would give me the bonus on carp made items like it does on the metel items. Any thoughts wether i should stop here or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It applies to all armor and weapons. However, it is hard to fit carpentry, fletching, tailoring, blacksmithy (and mining), and arms lore on a viable template even for a crafter. That means you will probably need two crafters and then you will need arms lore twice if you plan on keeping it on the carpentry template.

The other professions actually bennefit from having items that are worth using. The only way carpentry items are worth while is if you get a really nice saw, and even then the items aren't as hot as items from blacksmithy and tailoring. When you consider those points you start to wonder why you would bother with arms lore for your carpenter. The solution I came up with is putting blacksmithy (120), tailoring (120), carpentry (100), fletching (100), tinkering (100), arms lore (100), and chivalry (80) on one character and making a resource gatherer that has some other various skills (cooking, ljack, mining, alchemy).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The downside to that is that the blacksmith gets squat when smelting rejects. You end up putting the items that don't pass muster into a container and passing them to your miner to smelt. It would almost be better to have mining on both, to allow both to gather their own resources (carpenter needing stone for masonry, alchemist needing sand for glassblowing), and moving tinker to the second character. If you're not on SP and the characters are on the same account, you can swap out tinker &amp; arms lore between the characters as needed. Granted, for normal tools, the second would have to make tools for the first, but carp tools, smith tools &amp; sewing kits can have up to 150 uses, fletching tools about 250, and the smith/miner can turn in some low-end BODs for 150 and 200 use sturdy tools.