• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armour style change option?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be nice to have some kind of option button to be able to change the style/look on armour.

Let´s say you want to make a ninja or samurai looking char but you also want to use pieces like Leggings of Bane and Jackal´s Collar or Hat of Magi etc. Then it would be nice to have some button or crafter tool to be able to change style/look on an item but still be able to have those mods.

So something like, you use the tool and target the Jackals and you get a display that shows every gorget type available in the game and you choose one to change the look. Since so many players use the good artifact armour on their chars it gets kinda boring to see how all look alike.

I would really appreciate a feature like that. Don´t know if something similar already exists in KR as I haven´t covered that whole client yet.

A friend of mine proposed this on U.Hall a year ago or so but I don´t remember the feedback...

Any thoughts?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This idea has been brought up so many times, that by now if it hasn't happened, it probably isn't gonna. I would like to have the option though.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a better idea and one that is more viable in game than any.

Give crafters the ability to modify armor. Style only. If a crafter could take leggings and modify them to a different legging style we could easily match up armor to make nicer more customized suits.

Just give us a tool for armor modification or add it to the current tools. Make a menu showing the different style that piece can be modified to. Retain all of the properties on the piece during modification and retain the current hue of the item simple.

And to make this even cooler give it a crafter tag option that says "modified by <crafters name>"

B

butthead owns

its a great thought but that would like be alot to add man i would like to have that on a few item too the simleest way would be to have a tub which inturn would have those option but u would need some many tubs then cuss there would have to be one for metal and hies and cloth if not then the other tubs would mess it all up

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here´s another thought.

How about just create a NPC like the ToT turn-in guy in Zento. Then we can just go to him and drop the item on him and he´ll give us a display (just like in Zento) where we can chose a new look.

Maybe that would be an easy solution for the dev team.

C

Crystilastamous

Would only make sense on artifacts..... you can already craft in style you want =)

On top of that, things like Spirit of The Totem (which is obviously intended to be a bear mask, or another animal mask) wouldn't make sense if you turned them into something else.

Another thing to consider is that items like, Hat of Magi, Spirit of Totem, Hunters Headdress, would all have to ONLY be able to transformed into medable styles, for if you made them into... Let's say a Norse Helmet... They wouldn't be medable anymore...

I think if anything,

Allow VET REWARDS to be chosen as any type of clothing. With a Maximum of TWO PIECES being worn by anyone at any given time.

That way we can get some diversity with our clothing, instead of a robe, we could have a skirt and doublet, or a jester suit and a sash... etc.

IMO leave the artifacts alone.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I was also thinking only artifacts and perhaps even crafted things with set properties such as the different suits and bows and whatnot... Would be nice to have the Mischief Maker as a Yumi bow on a samurai-looking archer. :drool:

But then again, maybe this all would be to complicated coding-wise.

Another thing to consider is that items like, Hat of Magi, Spirit of Totem, Hunters Headdress, would all have to ONLY be able to transformed into medable styles, for if you made them into... Let's say a Norse Helmet... They wouldn't be medable anymore...
Good point.

Perhaps it can be done by adding the "Mage Armor" label. That way we won´t be limited to choosing only medable looks.

C

Crystilastamous

Right, being able to craft different items with those properties might not be a bad idea.... IE only bows could be mischief maker etc.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm, so few opinions about this...? :confused:

Are most people happy with how they are "forced" to look? If so, I guess I´m cool with that...

Y

Yalp

wouldn't this open the code up for even greater duping?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
wouldn't this open the code up for even greater duping?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM
Don´t know.

But if that were the case then of course they should leave it as it is.

It just would be nice with a few more "look"-options, that´s all...

B

butthead owns

as i keep saying why dont u ask that they fix known issues before adding new ones it seems its to easy i guess for them to do

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
as i keep saying why dont u ask that they fix known issues before adding new ones it seems its to easy i guess for them to do
Fair enough although I never said I wanted a feature like this ASAP.

I too would love to see them fix all (or most of it at least) the broken stuff and cheating in the near future. I´m just toying around with this idea and hopefully I would see something like it ingame later on...