• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Refinements

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Armor Refinements

Does anyone use these at all?

I have been collecting this stuff from maps and mibs for many years and it is taking up a lot of room. I was taking them up to the top and at one time planned on selling them. Seems like they might be better off used for cleanup points.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they're only really useful to those gods & goddesses who can also do things like reforging & enhancing & the like.

I say this having spent the day amalgamating my husbands collection. Through five freakin server downs & reverts :cursing:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
put them in your backpack with 20 leather braid each

with GM tailor, use wash & cures
makes awesome deco

upload_2019-9-22_15-7-43.png

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great idea with absolutely trash execution. I love having lower DCI and higher resists on my PvM warriors but it's way way too much of a hassle to refine a suit.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I amalgamate to invulnerability and sell these only.

I've found that a few specific types sell quickly, others rarely move.

If those of you that use them visit LA, I'm usually well stocked and they're dirt cheap. It's the closest house to Ter Mur moongate.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Studded leather, bone, hide, and stone with reinforced attached are only ones worth keeping. Rest are trash points or don't even bother looting them.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill buy any invuln plate and chainmail (the ones to increase resists) on atlantic, legends, lake superior, origin, napa, or Chesapeake.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Studded leather, bone, hide, and stone with reinforced attached are only ones worth keeping. Rest are trash points or don't even bother looting them.
Congratulations - you just listed the reinforced types that don't sell on my shard and told me to toss the ones I'm always sold out of.

Amazing how markets differ from shard to shard.

Though, I can't remember the last time a deflecting sold.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much this. Protection and Hardening ones that are Reinforced are used to apply +Physical/+Fire/+Energy caps to Studded/Hide/Bone/Stone. Studded/Hide/Bone/Stone are the most used armor types, due to +3% LMC Cap per piece.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Studded leather, bone, hide, and stone with reinforced attached are only ones worth keeping.
@Great DC

For what reasons those would be the only ones worth using ?

The rest of the Armor refinements are for armor which is not as usefull ?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After all this, I still don't know if I am wasting my time with combining them to invul....