• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Refinements Timing and Artifacts

Zara

Adventurer
Hi, I have three specific questions on Armor Refinements.

1. Does the timing matter? That is, can I do it ANYTIME I want? Before reforging? After reforging? Before imbuing? After imbuing? Before PoF? After PoF?

2. Can I do it as much as I want? Say I refine a piece of armor for resists. 1 month later, I change my mind. Can I take it off by doing the reverse? Then 2 more months down, change it again? All on the same piece of armor.

3. Can I do artifacts? Like Blackthorn artifacts or Doom artifacts? Or just crafted and looted items?

Zara

Adventurer
1. I'd do after reforging
2. No idea.
3. Yes, on artifacts. I did my tinker legs.
woah, really? Wow! That's one of my items! I asked but actually assumed no and wasn't going to even bother. Thank you for telling me! So I can get max refinement even Blackthorn helm and tinker legs!

Since it's actually possible, do you know offhand the dci penalty if I did max refinements? And to reach max refinement, do you know if I need to reach all 5 resists on 5 pieces of armor....or since I can do it all, I could use the 6th armor piece and get max from doing just 4 per piece?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It’s been a while but I believe I recall applying a deflecting invulnerability refinement to something only to reverse it using 2 reinforced invulnerability refinements.

The first one undid the deflecting refinement then the second added the reinforced refinements.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
woah, really? Wow! That's one of my items! I asked but actually assumed no and wasn't going to even bother. Thank you for telling me! So I can get max refinement even Blackthorn helm and tinker legs!

Since it's actually possible, do you know offhand the dci penalty if I did max refinements? And to reach max refinement, do you know if I need to reach all 5 resists on 5 pieces of armor....or since I can do it all, I could use the 6th armor piece and get max from doing just 4 per piece?
Uhh, I dunno. I'd suggest going to Test Center and trying it. Easy way to see if you can do exactly what you want to do.