• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Armor of Initiation

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if this is the wrong place. I tried to research this with no results. I thought I would ask the experts. I recently came in possession of this armor and wanted to know where it came from. I think it's something new for young players, that's my guess. It came in a green box labeled Starter Kit. It's 54 in each mod when all on.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if they are still available. Hope this helps.

The blaze ticket is character bound and came with new SA codes for a short time in fall of 2010 during what the devs called the Call to Arms.

The blaze ticket gives the character 20k gold, a named armor set that comes in a named box, and the ability to have elevated skill gain for first 30 days of the account opening. This elevated skill gain worked on anyone else partied to the new player regardless of age or any other factor. It also is cool looking and has the character name on it if u like to collect things like that as well.
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/242193-new-player-kit.html

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it sounds like I have something neat to add to my collection. Thank you for helping out.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone confirm that this can still be received with new acoounts with SA. Im looking to get a set for my collection

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These cannot be received anymore. According to a GM this morning, the promotion only ran in 2009. No wonder no one ever makes a new account. They should still at least get this token to start off.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That promotion in 2009 was awesome. It prob didn't last long bc of the skill boost that came with it. I GM'd and 120'd almost every skill bc of it..

A guildmate at the time had it. Along with the armor of initiation, you also received a killer skill boost, that lasted a week.
Your character basicly had a permanent scroll of alacrity on for your first week. Any skill you trained got that .2 to .5 boost.
I dont know if it was a bug or by design but any player that was also partied to that person received the same skill boost as long as they stayed near the player(same screen).
Any scroll of Trans you ate were also doubled while under the affect..