• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor ignore special and consecrate weapon?

M

MrMiagi

Let's say my targets lowist resist is cold resist, I'm using a melee weapon and I use consecrate weapon, so i'm now doing cold damage, I also use the Armor Ignore special attack, will my attack still ignore the resist? The reason I ask is because Armor Ignore is said to lower the targets physical resist to nothing for that attack but if you used consecrate weapon and did cold damage will Armor Ignore still work correctly?

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Let's say my targets lowist resist is cold resist, I'm using a melee weapon and I use consecrate weapon, so i'm now doing cold damage, I also use the Armor Ignore special attack, will my attack still ignore the resist? The reason I ask is because Armor Ignore is said to lower the targets physical resist to nothing for that attack but if you used consecrate weapon and did cold damage will Armor Ignore still work correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Armor ignore doesn't lower anything, nor does consecrate weapon.

Using consecrate weapon and then using armor ignore is redundant.

All consecrate does is make your weapon attack whatever the target's lowest resist happens to be.

All armor ignore does is make your hit do direct damage(completely bypassing all armor, regardless of resists) to the target(upto a cap of 35dmg).. hence "armor ignore".

So to answer your question, yes - armor ignore will still ignore your targets resist even if your weapon is consecrated, and no - armor ignore doesn't lower anything.

M

MrMiagi

Using consecrate weapon and then using armor ignore is redundant.

Right, but I can't sustain armor ignore attacks for every single attack or i'll run out of mana, especially with the double mana cost if you use it more than every 3 seconds, so it would still be worth using consecrate weapon and armor ignore together? Consecrate weapon is something have up all the time when fighting certain monsters because it will greatly increase my damage to target my opponents lowest resist.

My opponent could have lowest resist being cold at 50%, yet i'm using a physical damage weapon and his physical resist is 70%, so it would still be worth me using consecrate weapon at all times, and then armor ignore whenever mana allows for it for a big damage hit?

C

Connor_Graham

(upto a cap of 35dmg)..

Isn't this cap for PvP only?.....

G

"All armor ignore does is make your hit do direct damage(completely bypassing all armor, regardless of resists) to the target(upto a cap of 35dmg"

AI is capped at 35 Damage for PvP, not PvM.

"armor ignore doesn't lower anything."

Actually, it does. It lowers the base amount of damage you do. If you got a Wep that says 42-48 Damage in your status bar, and you do a AI to a monster, you will be doing about 35-41 damage to it. AI's aren't full powered hits, they just ignore all the Resists of your opponent. Critical Hits with Lightning Strike however, are full powered hits and ignore your opponent's Resists.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I dont know if this helps but I will put it in this way.....
Ignore the description for the armor ignore special move.
You can treat armor ignore as a single strike that automatically SETs ALL of your opponent's resists to 10%. (Since it only deals 90% of the full damage)

Con Wep makes your weapon deal the type of damage that matches enemy's lowers resist type.

So if your enemy has the lowest resistance to fire at 5%, you deal damage if you are using AI while CW is active, because in this case the AI "raised" target's weakest resistance to 10%.

If your target's lowers resistance is higher than 10% and you have mana, an AI here and there while you have mana to spare will benefit you, but if the mob's lowest resistance is below 10%, just make sure you have CW up all the time and never touch that AI toggle.

I

imported_athos_uo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Consecrate weapon will change your damage type 100% to the lowest type of your opponent's resistendes. So if your opponent's lowest resistence is cold, your damage type when consecrated will be 100% cold type.

Armor Ignore makes all your opponent's elemental resisntence completely ineffective but reduce your damage to 90% at the same time.( This will be included to 300% cap, so if you could reach more than 300% with other means, this would be compensated.)

You give the same damage when you use only AI, as when you use AI and CW at the same time. If you use AI, it has no meaning to use CW.

I

imported_The_Dude_

To answer your question. Yes. Its not a bad idea to mix in consecrate weapon if you cant chain ai's. Especially in pvp any extra damage helps. So ai then consecrate and wait for mana or something similar.

Anytime you can do more dmg by consecrating its a good thing. It will not help with the ai's but the regular hits following the ais will target your opponents lowest resist.

G

<blockquote><hr>

(upto a cap of 35dmg)..

Isn't this cap for PvP only?.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I can get over 140dmg AI's on Baracoon.