• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Ignore on Pets: Misfiring a Lot

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just put Armor Ignore on my first pet, a Cu. It seems to misfire a lot. The ability will fire, you'll see the little thingy show on the target, you'll hear the sound, but the damage does not register nor will the damage done show over head. The target's hit points won't decrease, but it still uses my pet's mana. I'm using the classic client.

Anyone else notice this?

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I gather the animation seems to signify the next attack will be an AI, but that attack can still miss or be parried. I never checked to see if it uses mana or not.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had it trigger the damage upwards of 5 seconds after the animation and sound triggers.
Its easier to notice on a non casting pet as the damage is in a consistant range until the large ai damage number pops off.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep more a out of sync thing than a not working thing :)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after testing this a bit, I discovered that Armor Ignore does not function correctly. I fought a monster then mounted my pet right after armor ignore went off, and the armor ignore did not do damage to the monster.

Also, under normal combat, the armor ignore will go off, show the animation, make the sound, then will only go off after the pet does a follow up attack.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It does miss a lot at less than 120 skill. But what worries me worse is that when AI actually hits on a player it is less than the original hit. I let my Naja attack me... normal hits was 34ish.. an AI hit? 26 range.. *shrugs*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had noticed that long ago when fighting Thrasher.
When that happens, you take zero damage from the attack, but the next time Thrasher/your pet hits, AI will process and deal the full damage.
But it can take a while for the next hit to land on the target.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well, sorry to derail this thread, but what is a good basic pet since this revamp started?
Cu with AI and DISCO?
Or cat with AI and DISCO?
Or maybe dog with Cooking and Pizza?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly I'm really having fun with my disco/ai lesser hyriu. Does nice damage, survivability is pretty good and disco+grasping claw drops resists nicely.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, when the pet fires off more than one armor ignore one right after another, only one hits it, and the others dont do damage.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I tamed a cat in Skara one morning and killed a bunch of stuff with it. I lored it just to see what was up and noticed the stats were going through the roof O _ O. Is it possible to train these up in resists and other stuff? Or is that just a pipe dream?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tamed a cat in Skara one morning and killed a bunch of stuff with it. I lored it just to see what was up and noticed the stats were going through the roof O _ O. Is it possible to train these up in resists and other stuff? Or is that just a pipe dream?
Not to be rude, but try the tamer's forum, they have all the info. you need. I don't want this thread to get derailed and nobody noticing the problem with armor ignore.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely this thread should be in the tamers forum though?

I would submit a bug report regarding the armor ignore issue as I would hope the Devs would see it.