• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Armor Enhancement Question

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

If I imbue a resist to max, like Physical to 20 on an iron gorget, and then enhance with valorite, will Physical get bumped to 25?

Thanks, Katrena

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. But i would guess that the chance on breaking such an armour part would be really good.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can even make a gorget with 40 physical resist.
1. Craft a gorget with 15 phys res (it will take a lot of attempts).
2. Reforge it with +20 phys res (35 phys res will be counted as 200 imbuing intensity)
3. Enhance it with valorite

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

So if I am building a suit, the numbers of the additional material, like 2,7,2,2,2 from agapite, will stack on top of any imbued or non imbued resists that are on the piece? How do you determine the best base resists of a given piece before you reforge for HCI or DCI? I am sure you are looking for a particular set of numbers in the base piece, I'm just not sure how to figure it out.

Thanks, Katrena

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

So if I am building a suit, the numbers of the additional material, like 2,7,2,2,2 from agapite, will stack on top of any imbued or non imbued resists that are on the piece?
Yes they will.

As for figuring out the best base part you need to know what resist you might imbue. Say for example you want to imbue the fire resist. Look for parts with the LOWEST fire resist as your going to be imbuing it anyway.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You should to craft all items that gives you resists you want before reforging.

For example, you want a sampire suit. Then you create an excel file and write:
25-10-10-10-10
2-7-2-2-2
2-7-2-2-2
2-7-2-2-2
2-7-2-2-2
2-7-2-2-2
<there are resists for gorget>
<there are resists for tunic>
<there are resists for legs>
<there are resists for arms>
<there are resists for gloves>

Let the tunic has 7-4-9-8-7 (for example)
If you are going to imbue fire res on it. Max imbuable fire res for platemail is 18. So you should put 7-18-9-8-7 in the table above.

You craft and try armor pieces until you get 70-95-70-70-70. Usually you need 10-20 'candidates' on each slot to get a combination with proper sum.

When you have got desired resists you reforge an item (probably you start from item that seems has more rare resist distribution).
If you have reforged 5 HCI than you continue with the next item. If you fail you throw out this piece and return to crafting.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This may be a stupid question but have been unable to figure out the answer, or find it written somewhere else. I have only made two high end suits so far (max luck, lrc, 70's etc) but am pretty sure there is still some room here and there in it for improvement. When it comes to resists, at what point does the resist become a "mod" when reforging leather (normal leather, gm arms lore, legend tailor)? The best I can tell anything over 7 or so is considered a mod, but wanted to know for sure so I can squeeze everything out of a single piece I can.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
When you craft an item you get some resists on it. When you reforge the item any value over initially crafted values considered as a mod.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Please confirm steps 2, 3, and 4 before I go any further with this piece.

Step 1: Chainmail Tunic made from plain iron: 8, 7, 6, 6, 8 with reforged 5 DCI completed.
Step 2: POF the piece to 255
Step 3: Imbue 8 LMC, 8MI, 8SI, and Fire to 18
Step 4: Enhance with Agapite using the special Forged Metal Tool

Will this give me a tunic with 10, 25, 8, 8, 10 plus the other mods?

Thanks, Katrena

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes.

Base: 4-4-4-1-2
Crafted: 8-7-6-6-8 (not good for imbuing fire since you lose 3 exceptional points... and it has high phys res - it's also is not good)
Imbued: 8-18-6-6-8 (you could imbue 4+15 = 19 fire)
Ingots: 2-7-2-2-2
Enhanced: 10-25-8-8-10

p.s. I would prefer to use valorite ingots for humans/elves.