• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armageddon and Infection

G

Can your player become infected from casting Armageddon on Shadowlords?

B

BadManiac

I asked the same thing, the answer was unknown, some said no, but a few said yes. I took a cautious aproach and sided with the yes people. No BR and Armageddon spells for my chars.

G

100% yes you get infected if you cast it. My character now hears voices and infects nearby creatures. Perhaps it isn't guaranteed every time you cast, but eventually you will become infected.

C

Connor_Graham

I've cast it over 150 times and never been infected....

F

Fayled Dhreams

nope ... not if your less than GM magery, and cast it on the corrupted side of the rift ...

Might be worthy of a FoF question now than its been asked twice.

Until then ... less than GM magery ... won't get the effect any wheres ...
you CAN cast it with 0.0 magery ... on the shadowlords ... just need to be close to them ...
to get the cloak of corruption.

Just carrying the blackrock, however ... rng chance of infecting nearby spawn ... so

carry it only when your serious about, useing it on shadowlords ... or getting thru the dark wisp's "shields".

G'luck.
PS (get in close)

G

<blockquote><hr>

100% yes you get infected if you cast it. My character now hears voices and infects nearby creatures. Perhaps it isn't guaranteed every time you cast, but eventually you will become infected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I know that before if you cast it with the piece on the ground you might become infected.

Have you only cast on shadowlords with it in your pack or have you placed it on the ground and cast?

G

I have been casting it like crazy with my swords paladin. No magery no infection period.

However if you have magery you just might become infected.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

However if you have magery you just might become infected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they've changed it in the last week, but in the first week of the event, my mage with 115 magery cast Armageddon within the rift over 20 times without ever being infected.