• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Argh, apparently they let the ******* DRIVE the short bus now, not just ride.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So on my way home from work this morning, I was cruising at my usual 95MPH+ in the left lane, one vehicle in sight; a short bus in the right lane, barely doing the speed limit.

As I'm about to pass it, the driver flings it into the left lane and stomps the brakes, then goes back to the right lane.

Lucky she didn't cause an accident, because I'd hate for a bus full of 'tards to see what I'd do to her.

Edit: Wait, what is this doing in SnR?

I could have sworn I was in OT when I posted...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aran, you should have to wake up in the morning with some sort of Mental Retardation after a comment like that, and you should have to go through the rest of your life with it. There's making joke posts, and then there's what you do. It's not funny, even in R&S...

T

Tazar

Aran, you should have to wake up in the morning with some sort of Mental Retardation after a comment like that

Lets see... Speeding down the road oblivious to whats around you (obviously the bus swerved to avoid something) and you want to blame the driver for avoiding an accident on her end and almost getting involved in a 2nd due to your speeding?

I think I see where the problem lies...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm the ******** one Tazar, then I don't know how you manage to breathe.

There was nothing on her side of the road. She pulled in front of me and slammed on her brakes until I slowed down, likely to "teach me a lesson" for speeding, then when I was slowed down to her speed, went back to her lane.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aran, you should have to wake up in the morning with some sort of Mental Retardation after a comment like that, and you should have to go through the rest of your life with it. There's making joke posts, and then there's what you do. It's not funny, even in R&S...
Hey, I didn't make them ********.

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know what state you are in, but in my state special needs buses by law are equipped with a governor that doesnt allow the bus to exceed 55 miles an hour. why would someone risk a collision, getting 3 points on their license (at 9 points you are not allowed to continue driving for the school district at 10 you lose your license) risk being sued by parents of children on bus, forced to take a immediate drug screen, possibly losing job etc... just to slow you down. no need to slam on brakes as the bus shouldnt be able to go over 55 miles an hour. it sounds as if you didnt pay attention to the signal that bus was going to change lanes at the rate of speed you were traveling. the bus driver needed to be in your lane for some reason & you were probably tailgating said bus by the time lane change was completed as buses cant fling anywhere, and the driver decided to change lanes back to let you pass rather than risk a rear end collision. a signal is statement not a request. slow down by all means the life you save may be your own.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, you had to have been there, it was deliberate. Trust me, there was no "What if" situation. No signal, no nothing. Just a look in the mirror, a jump, a brake slam, a wait, and back.

And I've been behind buses going 60-70MPH. They go out on the highway here and stay with traffic easily.

And it was an empty bus, just the driver.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or complain about it once on the internet and have some nerds 'sperg out over it

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because complaining about it on the internet was my plan. Duh.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was cruising at my usual 95MPH+
In which case it is YOU who are most likely to cause an accident. Lets hope when you eventually do wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself, that no one else is involved or gets hurt. Your speed comment alone smacks of your irresponsibility. Grow up.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In which case it is YOU who are most likely to cause an accident. Lets hope when you eventually do wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself, that no one else is involved or gets hurt. Your speed comment alone smacks of your irresponsibility. Grow up.

i think hoping people you don't know die in a horrible car accident is pretty immature, maybe you need to grow up.

Aran, when i'm put into a situation like that, i get in front of them, and slam my brakes. in most states its automaticly the person behind you who is held at fault. just claim you saw a squirrel and you dont believe in not breaking for animals.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think hoping people you don't know die in a horrible car accident is pretty immature, maybe you need to grow up.
Please point out to me the bit where I said I hoped he died in a car crash? Thats right ... I didnt. Please try and read posts properly before coming out with half arsed replies. I hope he doesnt ... but if he continues driving at those speeds then its only a matter of time before he either kills himself, or somebody else.

Aran, when i'm put into a situation like that, i get in front of them, and slam my brakes.
And its sounds like your as bad a driver as him.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was cruising at my usual 95MPH+
95 on a clear highway on a clear day is no more dangerous than 65.

Unless you get a chuckle**** like that bus driver, or Blesh, in front of you.

And Blesh, if you ever did that to me, you wouldn't be telling a story to the police, I'd be explaining how after the accident you came at me, screaming how you'd kill me for wrecking your car, and I defended myself.

G

Gark

Dude, you tell him to grow up and wish his DEATH? Now who is ********?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, you tell him to grow up and wish his DEATH? Now who is ********?
No ... read my posts and tell where I say that I wish his death. Oh thats right! I dont say that. I even said that I hope he DOESNT. Moron.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets hope when you eventually do wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself, that no one else is involved or gets hurt.
This does not say "I hope you don't die"

This says "You will kill yourself."

B

Belanos/Icicle

Aran, when i'm put into a situation like that, i get in front of them, and slam my brakes. in most states its automaticly the person behind you who is held at fault. just claim you saw a squirrel and you dont believe in not breaking for animals.
I think they call this insurance fraud.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But hey, just remember, getting somewhere fast is far more immoral than putting someone's life in serious jeopardy out of an inflated sense of self-importance and righteousness.

T

Tazar

I love how the story keeps changing to support the argument...

First the bus is full:

I'd hate for a bus full of 'tards to see what I'd do to her.
Then it's Empty:

And it was an empty bus, just the driver.
First the highway has a bus in it:

one vehicle in sight; a short bus in the right lane,
Then suddenly the highway is clear is used as an excuse of why it is OK to break the law.

95 on a clear highway on a clear day is no more dangerous than 65.
Talk about back-peddeling... and I still see where the problem is... no matter how much you try to twist it around.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aran just needs to put down the bottle befor he goes driving, and not drive with the bottle as well...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're implying alcohol, I don't touch the stuff. I'm already free of inhibitions ;)

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know, hate the stuff myself, tastes like crap

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That whole situation would have gone alot better if the bus driver was running a photo radar and you got a 200+ $ ticket in the mail the next day. 95 is well beyond the limit and you know it slow the hell down and don't even bother tryin to tell me off the bus driver might have been acting stupid doing that but not breaking a law doing a lane change, going 30+ over the posted limit endangering lives well you need to retake driver ed i think or spend a night in lock up.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see, two vehicles on the road for five miles, one of them going in a straight line, one of them intersecting that line intentionally... who was putting lives at risk?

G

Gark

Moron? Read some of your own posts, toss a dictionary on the desk, then start calling people a Moron.
Go knit me some armor.

W

wee papa smurf

So on my way home from work this morning, I was cruising at my usual 95MPH+ in the left lane, one vehicle in sight; a short bus in the right lane, barely doing the speed limit.

As I'm about to pass it, the driver flings it into the left lane and stomps the brakes, then goes back to the right lane.

Lucky she didn't cause an accident, because I'd hate for a bus full of 'tards to see what I'd do to her.

Im glad this is the story rather than "I was driving home today going too fast, a bus pulled out and i swerved to avoid it and wrapped my car around a couple of trees killing all my passengers"

Keep it safe, and i know where your coming from because i know how many moron drivers there are out there :thumbsup:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to keep my fuel efficiency over 30MPG. I'm cheap. :p
Then going 95++MPH in the first place wouldn't be serving well for fuel efficiency. If so then talking to the German's would be necessary. They put a speed limit restriction in place on parts of the Autobahn.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,546291,00.html

If that wasn't enough, the European Commission might still plan on forcing Germany to put a speed limit restriction in place by next year.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EU can go ...something...something. I hate posting in subforums with the RoC in place.

I have a lot of not nice things to say about the EU.

And going 95 I average about 30-31MPG. It only goes up to about 34 if I do 65. I can live with a loss of 3mpg to gain 20-25 minutes of time at home.

W

Wallenstein

First, if she pulled in front of you and you ended up hitting her, you'd be the one who caused the accident and you'd be held 100% liable for her and everyone on the bus.. as the driver in the rear, it's your responsibility to leave enough room in front of your car for the other car to come to a sudden stop. And 95mph? Really? If your car blew a tire you'd be disintegrated. Licensing 101?

W

wee papa smurf

And 95mph? Really? If your car blew a tire you'd be disintegrated. Licensing 101?
Not necessarily, iv known plenty of people who have crashed at over 100 mph and walked away with only bruises :danceb:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fell asleep at the wheel at a hair under 80 when I was 18 and didn't even have a bruise. Put a Ford Probe under a guardrail, nearly took the top off it, tore up most of the body, ripped a wheel off, etc.

T

Tazar

I fell asleep at the wheel at a hair under 80 when I was 18 and didn't even have a bruise. Put a Ford Probe under a guardrail, nearly took the top off it, tore up most of the body, ripped a wheel off, etc.
Yeah... my little brother survived three wrecks like that... but he kept the same attitude and never learned. The fourth one killed him. We kept hoping he'd learn that the risks were not worth the momentary speed thrill, or getting home a couple of minutes earlier, but it did not happen.

While the first three accidents totaled the vehicles, he walked away relatively unhurt adding to that false sense of invulnerability. The Fourth wreck left virtually no damage to the vehicle, and no visible damage to him physically, but the head trauma led to rapid swelling of the brain cutting off the blood supply.

Despite the sophomoric arguments above, it's not worth your life, that of someone you love, or even a stranger. I know from your posting history that your attitude is not going to change, so I'll just hope for the best (and hope that I live no where near you!)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My location is clearly defined in my profile.

Though I travel a lot.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aran, it would truly make my day if you submitted your avatar pic to the icanhascheezburger website.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That picture is as old as the internet and has likely been submitted and rejected thousands of times.

M

mr.blackmage

Personally, you only live once. Driving fast in heavy traffic is dumb and dangerous, but on a clear stretch of highway, the only person you are putting at risk is yourself. I would rather drive fast and have an extra 30 minutes a day with loved ones, which works out to hundreds of extra hours a year, than avoid the .001% chance of my tires blowing out (I keep them at the proper pressure and look for wear and tear). That bus driver isn't a cop, if they had such a problem with it then they can get the plate and call it in. Thousands (tens of thousands?) of accidents happen every year from people playing traffic cop, a lot more than are prevented I am sure.

With that being said, 99% of my driving is in city; I only exceed the speed limit by a paltry 10km/hour at nighttime (literally zero traffic), as there are police traps everywhere. Speed limits are for the lowest common denominator though. My reflexes are better than the average bear, and 50km/hour for a completely clear 25km stretch of road is beyond ********.

W

wee papa smurf

Rubber neckers cause 10x more accidents than speeding drivers, Fact