• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ARGGGHHH Comcast!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm just venting so don't feel obligated to read this :) My internet has been off and on for over a week. On for 10 minutes, out for 10 etc. Up for 10 hours then kick out 3 times in an hour. Stuff like that. I've called them several times and they gave me appointments of when they would be out. Which was always at least another week. When I check on the appointments they aren't made. So I call again and they have no record of an appointment! So today we really got into it. My account has a different name on it. They have no record of me having internet service. I told them to talk to billing cause they are right on it for billing me for it. Currently my account is so screwed up they can't even schedule me an appointment. The system won't take the appointment. 2 hours ago, the person who speaks English about as well as I speak whatever they speak in the Philippines, said she would call me back with in 30 minutes, no doubt. Obliviously that didn't happen. Soooo what the hell. I should go to the cottage. Up in the middle of the woods in the middle of no where Charter has never let me down. And my Roku isn't working :( They keep resetting my cable modem and junk like that and telling me to return it. So I ask why does my On Demand on the TV box go out at the same time? Both boxes fail and start working at the same time? Are the different boxes rebelling and joining together? While just regular cable TV I've had no problems with while this was going on. Just can't use On Demand. Just internet related things. Like my landline phone. So I have to use my cell phone to get hold of them. Of course their computer has no record of my phone so that adds another 3 minutes of button pushing with their computer. I just can't take it lol Clearly UO is impossible to do just about anything in. Oi. I feel better now, Thx..... :D

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm just venting so don't feel obligated to read this :) My internet has been off and on for over a week. On for 10 minutes, out for 10 etc. Up for 10 hours then kick out 3 times in an hour. Stuff like that. I've called them several times and they gave me appointments of when they would be out. Which was always at least another week. When I check on the appointments they aren't made. So I call again and they have no record of an appointment! So today we really got into it. My account has a different name on it. They have no record of me having internet service. I told them to talk to billing cause they are right on it for billing me for it. Currently my account is so screwed up they can't even schedule me an appointment. The system won't take the appointment. 2 hours ago, the person who speaks English about as well as I speak whatever they speak in the Philippines, said she would call me back with in 30 minutes, no doubt. Obliviously that didn't happen. Soooo what the hell. I should go to the cottage. Up in the middle of the woods in the middle of no where Charter has never let me down. And my Roku isn't working :( They keep resetting my cable modem and junk like that and telling me to return it. So I ask why does my On Demand on the TV box go out at the same time? Both boxes fail and start working at the same time? Are the different boxes rebelling and joining together? While just regular cable TV I've had no problems with while this was going on. Just can't use On Demand. Just internet related things. Like my landline phone. So I have to use my cell phone to get hold of them. Of course their computer has no record of my phone so that adds another 3 minutes of button pushing with their computer. I just can't take it lol Clearly UO is impossible to do just about anything in. Oi. I feel better now, Thx..... :D
This doesn't really belong in UHall.. moved to Spiels.

However...

I could rant all day about Comcast myself. We switched from one service to another and they charged us for both for three months. I called several times and they kept saying it was fixed, but we'd keep getting more bills, then they sent us to collections for a service we weren't even getting. (When we explained the situation, the person at collections actually said they got that a lot from Comcast...).

Our speed has never been anywhere remotely close to what we are supposed to get, and when we complain they just send another tech out who redoes everything the previous tech did, tut-tutting the whole time about how it was all wrong, and it's still terrible.

They've restrung the cable from the pole three times. At one point it was almost sitting on our garage roof--a bit of heavy ice or sagging and it would have been. They grudgingly moved it, but at another point I called them because our NEIGHBOR'S line had fallen so far into the alley that it was in danger of being hit by a car... and the techs who came out wanted to move OUR cable lower again... back to almost sitting on the garage roof. I must have given him a look of pure murder because the dude backed down FAST.

Oh yeah, and our other neighbor's line (and electric!) was originally strung diagonally across our entire backyard, through our trees, no more than 8 feet high. I got them to move those, but they didn't really want to.

Yeah, Comcast sucks. They're supposed to be putting in Google Fiber in my area. Can't wait.

Sorry you're having problems though. I feel your pain.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow and i thought century link was bad. Hate that these companies have the ablity to get away with such bad service.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well I changed the splitter outside, cleaned the grounds and changed the inside splitter. I looked inside the modem settings and all my signal strengths are rock solid now. I'm back! Gonna still let Comcast come out and use their own splitters and give me mine back. I'll save mine till next time :) I t went out last night and stayed out till I changed the splitters this afternoon so I'm a happy camper at the moment.