• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

arg 3 black rocks in a row what luck

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK so I was mining near Luna today and A BRE shows up so I run and my ever faithful forge defends me to the death so I go to brit get him rezzed and go back and lead the BRE off so as not to bother me thinking well i shouldn't see one for a while.
So I go back to my cave and would you believe it first darn hit with my pick axe and boom another darn BRE this time I get out with me and my forge in tact so I lead this one off and head back to mine again making sure to drop the black rock in my pack off thinking maybe there is something to the myth they spawn if there is BR in your pack.
So back to my cave 1 more time this time I manage to fill about half up with large ore and just starting to think I'm good to go and a 3RD BRE appears so now Im @#$@ pissed so I lead the bre to luna to get it guard wacked and I go by this guy fighting his golem well that doesn't go well for the golem as it dies in about 1 hit so I say sorry dude and run to the bank and come back and the guy is still standing there hmmm I'm thinking this guy is macroing or otherwise occupied so I stand there for a few and finally I see on the screen "what happened to my golem " I was actually feeling bad for this guy to start with and was gonna make him a golem to replace the one I caused to die but now I know he is macroing unattended when I left he was spamming anyone have a golem I can buy.

but that is the only time I have gotten 3 BRE in the same day let alone that close together anyone else have this happen to them?

now I cant mine without being all tense and such cant wait till tommorow I plan to mine all day to stock up for a while as they are not supposed to show

G

good grief! Ummm, as my miner nears GM, I have a really quick question.

BRE's require a real skill of 100, right? If I am 95+ real and use +5 gloves can a BRE wax my tookus or not? I have found it's really nice with the gloves because I can now get Valorite! Woohoo!

First crack at Val last night was 54 large and 10 small all in the LA/Tram Delucia guardzone!

Thanks for any response!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you are able to mine up gems you are able to mine up BRE's

Z

zarobhr

from my testing BRE's could be mined up at 95% real skill so i have one miner GMed 105 with gloves for when i want gems, and i get occassional bre

i have 1 locked at 94.9 and he never gets a bre with or without gloves

i did take my 94.9 to 95 and left off the gloves and mined up a bre within 10 minutes

on another note i though i saw in patch notes that there would be no bre's for valentines day