• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Area Spells Hitting Blues and Giving Murder Counts

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the second time in several days that I have had an area spell hit a blue when I was not attacking them. Last time it was a meteor swarm. This time it was Essence of Wind.

I assume this was a bug with VvV flagging rules. But the opponent was not even in VvV.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, In my opinion you deserved that murder count anyways, seeings how you were healing the red attacking him :mf_prop:. But Your AOE spell hit him because you were flagged criminal. Just like if a blue uses a aoe spell it, will hit all reds and criminals. The only thing you cant do to blues as a criminal, is reveal them with aoe's. Other then that everything goes.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But Your AOE spell hit him because you were flagged criminal. Just like if a blue uses a aoe spell it, will hit all reds and criminals. The only thing you cant do to blues as a criminal, is reveal them with aoe's. Other then that everything goes.
That is never how it worked. When blue or grey: your area of attack spells only hit greys and reds. If you are red then your area spells hit everyone unless they are in your guild.

When I hit the guy with meteor swarm a few days ago I am pretty sure I was blue then. He was even saying I shouldn't have hit him.

This is messed up. It isn't "everything goes", there are supposed to be clear rules for flagging. But that seems to have all gone out the window with Vice vs Virtue.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is messed up. It isn't "everything goes", there are supposed to be clear rules for flagging. But that seems to have all gone out the window with Vice vs Virtue.
Wrong. The player in question "i.i" is not in VvV, nor has he ever been. He avoids it like the plague because he is afraid of fighting, much like most of the players upset with the current system.

Can you justify, logically, why a grey player doing an AoE spell should not hit blues? The answer of "this isn't how it always worked" is not a sufficient answer.