• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Area Peace on Which Creatures? Help!

I

icedtr2003

Now, I have 100/100 skills in music and peace.
Yet, my area peace wont work on my friends? Are not they supposed to be thrown out of war mode?

Moreover, what kind of npc's is peacemaking supposed to work on?

I mean, okay, when a dragon comes, peacemaking works. But when the npc is a "character", a human being ( Ronins and fan dancers in Isumo - Jima for example) they are not getting dropped out of war mode? Target peace wont work on them either.

How to make peace over them by area peace?

So is there a difference between npc mobs and creature mobs in means of peacemaking?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
area peace SHOULD knock your guild mates out of battle mode.

ronins and ninjas are not NPCs, they are monsters and they are not bardable.

I

icedtr2003

I did not understand your answer about friends being kicked out of battle mode.

So suppose I am in britain, when I use area peace, all players in that area should get kicked out of War Mode, right?

If not, what do you mean by guild mates? Only the players that are in the same guild with me being kicked out of war mode, does not make very sense. Can you please explain further?

Is there a "complete" list of non-bardable creatures? The one in website misses some, for example "fan dancer".

(the one in UO Stratics - Bard Difficulty)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry, i shouldnt have said guild mates.
force of habit.

area peace should stop everything in the radius circle.

the list that is on that link you sent looks accurate.
you can bard fan dancers.

i disco them all the time.

Non-Bardable Creatures

Black Order Assassin

Black Order High Executioner

Black Order Mage

Black Order Thief

Dark Wolf (Familiar)

Death Adder (Familiar)

Dream Wraith

Elite Ninja

Fire Rabbit

Horde Minion (Familiar)

Mercenary

Noble

Revenant

Ronin

Seeker of Adventure

Shadow Wisp (Familiar)

Vampire Bat (Familiar)

hmmm...... you know what is funny..... i look at this list and i know for sure 100% that i have discoed some of those.
in fact im gonna go check the couple im thinking of right now.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Non-Bardable Creatures

Black Order Assassin

Black Order High Executioner

Black Order Mage

Black Order Thief
Dark Wolf (Familiar)

Death Adder (Familiar)

Dream Wraith

Elite Ninja

Fire Rabbit

Horde Minion (Familiar)

Mercenary

Noble

Revenant
Ronin

Seeker of Adventure

Shadow Wisp (Familiar)

Vampire Bat (Familiar)

the critters listed above in RED you CAN bard, im not sure why they are listed as not being bardable, they ARE.
ill send a note to the high command and see why those where put on the list.

poo

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and the revenant i tested both player casted ones AND peerless casted ones (Dark Fathers and other peerlesses)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
only critter i didnt test in that list was the Dream Wraith

I

icedtr2003

well thanks for the replies

I now checked the barding difficulty of fan dancers and I saw that they are IMMUNE to the effects of peacemaking. So my next question is, is there a complete list of creatures that are IMMUNE to the effects of some bard skills?

One other thing is that, I tried area peace as, one of my friends changed to war mode, I peaced, but he says he remained War mode. From your answer, I see that this should NOT have happened.

Or maybe, I think, area peace drops the target from the player? Like, if he was attacking someone with a sword, and If I do area peace, maybe he is not out of war mode, but he only stops attacking movement (target being lost) and must double click on the guy to attack again?

Moreover, I believe that when we go dungeons as a party, peace dont affect the party members, but If not in party, then the guy will also stop attacking at whatever we are trying to kill. I hope this is correct.

One more thing,

I see everybody talks about discordance a lot. Is it such a useful skill? My char has Music+Peace+Taming+Lore+Magery+Medit. Besides taming, I want my char to be self sufficient enough in a combat. Thats why I believe I need medit, because without it, magery is just 3 spells, than 90seconds of waiting time for another 8th circle cast. Would you suggest discordance for this char, replacing the medit? Or maybe there are other things in the server that I dont know about which gives mana recovery as much as medit. I am not using active meditation and only interested in fast recovery of mana. So what would you suggest?

Thanks for the help by the way, I appreciate it a lot :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I now checked the barding difficulty of fan dancers and I saw that they are IMMUNE to the effects of peacemaking. So my next question is, is there a complete list of creatures that are IMMUNE to the effects of some bard skills?

i dont think there is a actual list posted anywhere.
but that list you found on the site and posted already is pretty much the list.
but like i said some of those can be discoed while they cant be provo'd or peaced.

One other thing is that, I tried area peace as, one of my friends changed to war mode, I peaced, but he says he remained War mode. From your answer, I see that this should NOT have happened.
Or maybe, I think, area peace drops the target from the player? Like, if he was attacking someone with a sword, and If I do area peace, maybe he is not out of war mode, but he only stops attacking movement (target being lost) and must double click on the guy to attack again?

i think that is pretty much it, i dont run with peace on my guys anymore so i cant test this without stoning skills around, but i do have a guild mate who runs peace and i can tell you for sure that when she gets worried she starts spamming area peace. now i dont play with my sound on in game, cause me too much lag, so all of a sudden ill be standing there swinging my sword then all of a sudden the baddy will just start wondering away and im not swinging anymore. so think you may be right, maybe its just the baddy just turns off even though we are still in war mode.
now, i do know from years ago if i was in fel and running around i would hit my area peace button while running around at the gate and that would unwar people, but that was years ago.

Moreover, I believe that when we go dungeons as a party, peace dont affect the party members, but If not in party, then the guy will also stop attacking at whatever we are trying to kill. I hope this is correct.

One more thing,

I see everybody talks about discordance a lot. Is it such a useful skill? My char has Music+Peace+Taming+Lore+Magery+Medit. Besides taming, I want my char to be self sufficient enough in a combat. Thats why I believe I need medit, because without it, magery is just 3 spells, than 90seconds of waiting time for another 8th circle cast. Would you suggest discordance for this char, replacing the medit? Or maybe there are other things in the server that I dont know about which gives mana recovery as much as medit. I am not using active meditation and only interested in fast recovery of mana. So what would you suggest?

ok, so first off your a tamer, you shouldnt need to be casting level 8 spells.
its not like your dropping EVs or summoning demons to fight for ya or dropping EQ's. you should be using your pets to do all your damage.
99% of the spells i cast on my disco tamers are invis and heal and cure for myself, besides of course recalling.
with 40 LMC and 8-10 mana regen on the suit there is no need to have med as a skill for that template.
and as to your question about if you should have peace or disco.
it all depends on what kinda player you are.
i started years ago with a peace tamer.
then i switched over to disco tamer (or invented it)
and its a totally different mind set for playing.
if your a peace tamer you put your pet on the baddy and then peace it as needed to keep your vetting of your pet up to date.
with disco what your doing is being the bull in the china shop.
you are going in hard and going for the quick fast kill.
thats what disco allows you to do, it drops the monsters skills and resistances so you can kill it faster and so it does less damage to your pet.

i have found over the years that pretty much 99% of the people that switch from peace to disco LOVE it and never go back.
an example.
ill go to get barbed leather off of greater dragon.
if you are a peacer you peace the greater and put your greater on it and vet vet vet, re peace, vet vet vet.
takes like 4 minutes to kill a high end greater.

disco.
ya walk in, put your dragon on the greater then disco the greater.
then you vet vet vet, the greater is dead, you move onto the next one.

is it that fast?
yes.
if you are 120 diso and music you are lowering the resists by 28 off of ALL their resists.
so that means if you have a greater dragon who has say 75 for physical resistances and you diso it, it now has only 47 for physical resistance.
which means in essence that your dragon will now be hitting it 1/3 harder for 1/3 more hit points per hit.
now, take into consideration that you are also lowering the greater dragons SKILLS by 28% as well.
so if that same greater went into the fight with 100 in wrestling and tactics, its now fighting with only 72 wrestling and tactics.
so basically its hits are now 1/3 lighter against your dragon.
and not just the melee, but ALL the skills.
so his spells are wimpier as well.
his fire breath is 1/3 weaker and he is taking 1/3 more damage from your dragons spells because his magic and eval and magic resistance are 1/3 lower.

so you hit with your pet and your pets spells 1/3 harder.
and he is hitting your pet and hitting with spells 1/3 softer.
so your basically killing it in half the time when you combine that all together.

and that is why disco is so addictive and why most people switch over to it.

I

icedtr2003

I see that disco is quite useful. I guess I am going to combine peace and disco together, which should help me cope up with the absence of vet. Greater Heal spell should be sufficient enough to keep up with the pace. Discoed and peaced greater dragon should be more easier I guess. However, I am not sure of the dependence on greater heal. But again, I cant make space for the veterinary from all other skills. Many people think peace is a waste though I think not so and other than that I see no place for veterinary skill. 700 cap is already being full with those:( Do you think It'd be alright without vet?

So my final template is mage tame lore music peace and disco. I am very fond of peace recently. I find it quite useful, though serves almost the same purpose with invisibility. But it is really fun to walk around dungeons without collecting all the aggro, this is not something to be achieved by invis:)

At the end, I will be giving myself to RP side of UO. I guess what I am trying to create is a self-sufficient character which is fun enough to play with and not so limited to put me in need of other chars.

Though an archer char seems to be on the horizon=)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no vet, eh?

i dont know if that will be any good for ya.
im kinda a purist i guess when it comes to templates.

im just thinking about how you can be self sufficient but not be able to res your pets when they die, and they will die.

personally i would say do either peace or disco, not both, and keep the vet.

or, if you have full soulstones you can allways just switch between them depending on what your hunting for that evening.

L

Luke Carjacker

Regarding the question about peace working on other players, were you testing in Felucca? I can tell you for sure that area peace will drop other players and pets out of aggro. Actually, it drives everyone nuts. It makes pets stop fighting so monsters will re-target tamers. It makes sampires stop swinging and lose their targets, which means they'll die in short order. It makes archers stop firing, which means they'll be sitting around wondering if they ran out of ammo or something. People LOVE area peacers (which if the sarcasm didn't come through people HATE area peacers at spawns, etc.).

Now discord, on the other hand, everyone loves discorders, for real. Probably doesn't matter if you'll be doing all your hunting alone, but if you plan to hunt in felucca with others, peace is gonna make everyone hate you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sometimes when i get bored i log onto a buisy shard and hit the yew gate with my disco tamer and i disco everyones pets.

i love it.
it dosnt flag ya and then the pets die so much faster its just a hoot.
course it dosnt take long for the tamers to get all mad and take their toys and leave.

speaking of peace, a fella could have a lot of fun griefing a spawn with a ninja stealther with 120/120 peace music.

run around in wolf form stealthing, snap off a area peace, rehide stealth off to the other side, snap off another.

you could totally make a champ spawn hell by doing that, hahahaha.
think i know what im gonna do when i get bored!