• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Are you pro Rocks?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several guild mates including myself are pro Rocks. We haven't bought into any of the negative propaganda which some people have been spreading about Rocks. We believe that using the Rocks will save us time and they do not steal away our chances at earning shiny pixel items.

However there are some people out there who are anti Rocks. They hate them with a passion, give you dirty looks when you speak about them and will quickly begin attacking the giant spider on purpose to encourage us to not use the Rocks as all. Sometimes they even pretend they didn't hear you until you get tired and stop asking "ARE WE DOING THE ROCKS OR WHAT BISHOP!?," not to name any names of course.

These people believe that the rocks are indeed "a person" and that this person has been controlling the apron market of UO for many years.

You see the Rocks has been the main supplier for tangles in all of UO and has successfully created a monopoly in it's niche accessory market and therefore has set the current market price for all tangles in existence.

How you may ask? Well it's quite simple. These anti Rock people say that using them will take away from chances of earning tangles. Just like another player might. So it is reasonable for them to assume that the Rocks have actually earned more tangles than just about anyone. Then the Rocks in turn sells the tangles in bulk to the big sellers of UO at discount prices which they then turn around and resale at a small profit. It is the Rocks though that is pulling all the strings. You see, all they have to do is just sit there while we kill the giant spider and only contributing for a few seconds each spawn, and then they effectively steal the tangle away from us. They work us like little minions and then reap the benefits all to themselves. It can be assumed that the pillars are hollow and just packed to the brim with tangles, which the rocks sells on it's monthly runs to the big UO sellers. Any player whom uses the rocks is a mere pawn on a giant chessboard which is being controlled by none other than... you guessed it; The Rocks!

So I have taken the argument over here. I want to see if there is as much Rocks hate here as I have found elsewhere. Are those of us who are using the Rocks carelessly throwing our aprons away and being manipulated at the whim of these rocks? Or are the rocks in fact fact our friend, who give us that extra boost, who whisper sweet nothings in our ears and have been there to pick us back up after we fall off the horse?

I choose to believe the latter but out of fear of being a tool in some sort of large rock conspiracy, I have decided to ask you, the Stratics Community for your wisdom on this subject.

Thank you for your opinions on this matter.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Several guild mates including myself are pro Rocks. We haven't bought into any of the negative propaganda which some people have been spreading about Rocks. We believe that using the Rocks will save us time and they do not steal away our chances at earning shiny pixel items.

However there are some people out there who are anti Rocks. They hate them with a passion, give you dirty looks when you speak about them and will quickly begin attacking the giant spider on purpose to encourage us to not use the Rocks as all. Sometimes they even pretend they didn't hear you until you get tired and stop asking "ARE WE DOING THE ROCKS OR WHAT BISHOP!?," not to name any names of course.

These people believe that the rocks are indeed "a person" and that this person has been controlling the apron market of UO for many years.

You see the Rocks has been the main supplier for tangles in all of UO and has successfully created a monopoly in it's niche accessory market and therefore has set the current market price for all tangles in existence.

How you may ask? Well it's quite simple. These anti Rock people say that using them will take away from chances of earning tangles. Just like another player might. So it is reasonable for them to assume that the Rocks have actually earned more tangles than just about anyone. Then the Rocks in turn sells the tangles in bulk to the big sellers of UO at discount prices which they then turn around and resale at a small profit. It is the Rocks though that is pulling all the strings. You see, all they have to do is just sit there while we kill the giant spider and only contributing for a few seconds each spawn, and then they effectively steal the tangle away from us. They work us like little minions and then reap the benefits all to themselves. It can be assumed that the pillars are hollow and just packed to the brim with tangles, which the rocks sells on it's monthly runs to the big UO sellers. Any player whom uses the rocks is a mere pawn on a giant chessboard which is being controlled by none other than... you guessed it; The Rocks!

So I have taken the argument over here. I want to see if there is as much Rocks hate here as I have found elsewhere. Are those of us who are using the Rocks carelessly throwing our aprons away and being manipulated at the whim of these rocks? Or are the rocks in fact fact our friend, who give us that extra boost, who whisper sweet nothings in our ears and have been there to pick us back up after we fall off the horse?

I choose to believe the latter but out of fear of being a tool in some sort of large rock conspiracy, I have decided to ask you, the Stratics Community for your wisdom on this subject.

Thank you for your opinions on this matter.
Well, clearly there has been much said on the matter, including Event Moderators, who have said that, "Damage done to Navery by the ROCKS does not count towards getting your personal points toward getting drops." Well, I had been pro-rocks before I was anti-rocks; but I now am solidly in the "Pro-rocks" camp, after getting my last Tangle! Nuff said, Shenzin/Gallion/ Jhakar/ and Blind Tom the Pirate

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But, did I ever tell you the story of when I met a beautiful maiden in Jhelom who wore plate armor? Well, it rained and the armor rusted, and she couldn't eat and staved to death. Well, it was a dull tale any way.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am rather ambivalent towards rocks,
I am anti bunnys,
and I am all for rusty haired maidens in platemail.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Might help a few if you explained about the rocks.
I like the rocks, they help kill her faster and the feature was put in for that purpose.
It has no effect on if there is a drop or not.

Belgarion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I like the rocks, they help kill her faster and the feature was put in for that purpose.

It would help me to explain the "Rocks". I don't have a clue what he's talking about.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rocks that can be used in Navreys liar. You use the pillars to start them off.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and i am pro rocks, i just wish my luck was better i havent gotten a tangle in months

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is this: While the use of the rocks may have no effect or whether there is a drop, should I avoid having a rock be the killshot?

I have done Navery about 25 times and have only gotten a reward (3.0 Detect Hidden) once. It happened to be the most recent and one of only two times that I provided the actual death blow. Those two times were also the only times I received fame and honor messages upon her death. This morning I killed her twice with my weaver/archer making sure I got the kill and not the rocks. I got no rewards, but did get fame, honor, and queen point message on both. I guess I will try again and see if I get any message with the rocks as the death blow.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guild mate told me this was covered in "ask the devs" who said rocks don't effect the drop rate. Anyone shed any light on this?

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guild mate told me this was covered in "ask the devs" who said rocks don't effect the drop rate. Anyone shed any light on this?
Well I am pleased to report that it seems that the killshot is not important. I just did Navery 4 times -
1) Wolfveryne showed up at the end and helped - no drops
2) the 3rd set of rocks didn't kill so I used WoD - no drop
3) 3rd set killed - no drop
4) 3rd set killed - 3.0 Disco

small sample set, but getting a drop when the rocks did the kill makes me optimistic.