• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are we boycotting Doom?

G

I have gone to Doom a couple times over the weekend and found it deserted (Sonoma). First time was middle of the day, and as I went into the Gauntlet, there were only three of us. No problem, but that is the fewest people I have ever seen. Got to the third room and the other two bailed on me. I was stuck in there all alone. Not a happy situation.

I went again in the evening about 7:30. Again, two other people and we ran the Gauntlet just fine. Once the DF appeared, everyone left! I was alone, in Doom, banging away on the DF, to no avail, for about 45 minutes, with no one there but me. I have never seen that.

Is there something going on that I am missing?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that the arties drop too fast - why go to doom when for pennies on the dollar you can buy any artie you want?

I had someone trade me two jackals and a hunters for my spirt. Thats how goofy its gotten.

G

hmmm, I haven't seen an increase in the drop rates. Maybe I need to keep going.

B

Babble

Only have been 5-6 times to doom.
Got one artefact then, thought it silly running in a circle and have not returned.

G

Are you serious? I've been trying to trade my Spirit of the Totem for a Jackal's Collar for a month. Jeeze, what shard are you on? I'm on Napa.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

On LS, attendance in Doom varies considerably day by day, week by week.

-Galen's player

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

Now that the arties drop too fast - why go to doom when for pennies on the dollar you can buy any artie you want?

I had someone trade me two jackals and a hunters for my spirt. Thats how goofy its gotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.

All that story proves is that theories on which artis are good and which aren't have changed.

-Galen's player

G

Yes, it's dying (or dead) on Napa as well. You can sometimes catch a group later in the evening or on weekends.

G

With the average artifact being worth 1 million gold now and it take 2 hours to get one, who wants to go there anymore? In another couple months it is going to be virtually deserted.

G

Maybe they should make the Doom arties that are repairable just like the Redeemer where we can´t use Powder of Fortifying on them. That way they will last for a while but there will still be a steady need of Doom-hunters...

I

imported_dukarlo

The only reason people ever went to Doom in the first place was because of the chance to get an arty. In my opinion Doom was the most repetetive, boring, non intelligent thing that was ever put in the game. I think Id rather get a root canal than go to Doom.

Anim

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it does appear they are slowly moving towards removing pof. Artis becoming common drops, easy to craft armor and weapons.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have gone to Doom a couple times over the weekend and found it deserted (Sonoma). First time was middle of the day, and as I went into the Gauntlet, there were only three of us. No problem, but that is the fewest people I have ever seen. Got to the third room and the other two bailed on me. I was stuck in there all alone. Not a happy situation.

I went again in the evening about 7:30. Again, two other people and we ran the Gauntlet just fine. Once the DF appeared, everyone left! I was alone, in Doom, banging away on the DF, to no avail, for about 45 minutes, with no one there but me. I have never seen that.

Is there something going on that I am missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If on Sonoma you should join PAS when they do the guantlet. I'm also there as well, but when I see no one fighting the DF I log out to try again another time. I keep three charactor log out in the nex room.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Devs are helping us help ourselves, with our complaints of item dependency. First the cursed items falling like mad, now the Doom drops are easier. And then here comes increased runic properties. Before long we will be able to craft arty type items, then slowly doom will empty of all participation. Then POF will be completely removed, then runic intensities will be toned down until they're gone, and nothing is left but GM crafted armor/wpns. Then insurance will slowly go away, and we will finally, finally, be back to normal.../wakes up from dream...*huh*....

S

sean_lo

ya when pas does the gauntlet on sonoma, they have like 10-20 peps. heh.