• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are they ever going to fix UOKR ?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I patched it up today and it does the same thing it did 6 months ago. Lags down the system and a 40 second lag between moving the mouse till it moves on screen

System
XP SP3
P4 2.4 giahzt
Gforce 7600gs with 512 meg
1 gig mem
monitors 22" 226bw : 17" 730b
Internet speed 10 meg down 1 meg up

A

Ash

Just a thought, but you may want to make sure your video and DirectX drivers are all current. I had some serious lag and performance issues and updated my drivers and running smooth now.

G

GAMBIT35

I patched it up today and it does the same thing it did 6 months ago. Lags down the system and a 40 second lag between moving the mouse till it moves on screen

System
XP SP3
P4 2.4 giahzt
Gforce 7600gs with 512 meg
1 gig mem
monitors 22" 226bw : 17" 730b
Internet speed 10 meg down 1 meg up
Soon...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It runs if I run uncheck extend desk top on the 2nd monitor. Is there a way to make it run on duel monitors?

K

Kurgan

I have it running with 3 monitors.

But I did just update my video driver. And thingsa run much smoother..

NVidia 6800 256mb agp

E

Emil IsTemp

haha i cant even get the download to open.. just locks up..

id love to try it though..

clearly a cd, box, customer service and MARKETING is somthing EA excells at.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Make sure you have the latest version of WinRAR.

There is also an issue with the latest version of the KR download, so you may want to do a Google search for an earlier client version and just deal with the big patch (800+ Meg).

T

Tom Bombadil

I'm calling the Geek Squad to see if they can get KR runnin.

B

BartofCats

someone said that the minimum was 1GB ram required just for KR... I dont know how true that is, but I have 3Ghz and 3GB ram 256MB vid card and i run KR just fine. But i do get kicked off every 2 hours tho.

S

soulshiver

I just started playing again and maybe it's cause I'm a good shopper but I have no lag on the thing just the entirety of the thing seems clunky and not developed with insight into the mechanics. The whole macro thing is undone in my eyes and thus far they seem to break and now and again. The system I'm running though is a 3.2 dual core with over 4 gigs of ram and a 256m video card, but it has a clockspeed of over 800mhz so while I can't hold much in memory I can process like you read about... all in all though the actual gameplay of the new client is rather lacking at best and does need much work. It's not intuitive and while it seems it was built to be able to cater to the developer it just seems they left alot out that would make the players gameplay better. The other night alone it took me almost 20 minutes to figure out my characters weight, I knew I was overweight just didn't know by how much etc couldn't get a numerical display as to what I was carrying. Then when I tried making a macro for mining, lucky my new neighbor was on and showed me the ropes a little, but otherwise the new graphics aren't at all that overwhelming enough to lose the functionality of the 2d client, which btw I've since switched back to. The one thing I really do like about the new client is the zooming out, nice to see a larger screen, but they changed all the icons and graphics to make me have to click on stuff to figure out what it is, I wish they would just stop with the isometric or at least decide that in this day and age iso is out and 3d full 360 view is in.