• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there still "arties" spawning in anti virtue dungeons?

G

Before I go and spend hours in Covetous, can someone confirm if the virtue armor pieces etc are still spawning?

Wenchy

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just work the first level of the Despise spawn and you will be sure to get at least one or two pieces!

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still get them, they are just very slow in coming. Took me about 60 hours of play over 3 weeks to complete my set.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Aye... been running Despise and you get them fast... seems they drop faster in Felluca (not sure if this is true)...

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kill the lizardmen!!

Seriously, those lizard slayers have a use again. The more you kill the better the chance of a drop so kill what is easy and quick and keep doing it. By my count, i was getting a drop every 200 or so lizardmen.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to go to the bottom of Fel Hythloth to fight the two demons in the last room, but ever since they nerfed the spawn rate, it's not worth my time anymore. Before the change, I was averaging 1 artie every 20 minutes. Now I'm down to 1 every 2 hours.

So they are still spawning if you can find a place where high fame creatures spawn at a good rate.

G

Aye, think it'll take ages to get a full set now *grins*

Fortunately I'm only after the occasional bonus while I train pets heh.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kill the lizardmen!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep if your just after arties and not PS, go kill level 1 of destard spawn, then once its almost level 2 leave it and let it go backwards, rinse and repeat. You should get atleast 1 artie every time you do this.

G

I usually get one when we do a champ spawn in one of the old dungeons.

G

Think I'll be doing some early morning champing then *grins*

Wenchy

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No need to do just early morning. Most all the raiding guilds wont even bother with checking the spawn until their cams tell them it's level 3

G

I got a Katarinas Crook while gathering horned leather and scales in Destard yesterday

G

Ooh, nicely done

Destard would be quite easily defended with a stealth herding tamer *evil grin*

Wenchy

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should have asked this earlier:

What happened to the drop system for the other dungeons like Painted Caves? I remember getting a luck robe in there once and since then i have been killing Trogs and Grobu nonstop and haven't gotten anything lately. I have been killed hundreds and maybe thousands and no drops. Am i just unlucky or did something change?

G

I think those should still spawn with the odd paragon. You've maybe fallen foul of the low drop rate on marties nowadays.

Wish they'd bump it up slightly, I know they're not super essential items, but if you were after something specific you'd be hunting forever lol.

Wenchy

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
True easily defended that way BUT, they made it to where hiding or invising decreased your chances to get a drop.

J

joblackjon

I've training pets on Ogre Island and got 3 arties in the last 2 weeks, maybe 15 hours.

G

Oh I never hunt invisible, I just stealth herd if I'm dealing with aggressives

Wenchy