• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there any craftable caps that can be re-forged, imbued and enhanced to 190 luck?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than standard headpieces such as leather cap, jingasa, etc...
Will be using barbed runic sewing kits and just looking to make something different. I see that you can craft a flower garland with cloth but can they be enhanced to 190 luck?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To enhance you need to use spined leather, so the item itself must be made of leather, which means that the answer is 'no', unless it's possible to enhance assassin's cowl or mage's hood. I haven't read either of those recipes, so I can't check that.
Could you maybe craft circlets and use gold ingots instead?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Will be using barbed runic sewing kits and just looking to make something different. I see that you can craft a flower garland with cloth but can they be enhanced to 190 luck?
Thanks!
Head slot is able to use a transmog potion. Make whatever is the easiest/cheapest for you to make and get what you want then transmog it on to a piece you like. I've seen people do this and target like the pumpkin helm or dragon armor helm etc which is a different look. You could also use some rare cloth (wildfire cloth or tabard cloth) to create something that might be a semi common piece but a rare color. The only catch will be that whatever you are transferring to has to have stats (ie top hat won't work) and be the same med type (ie medable if u make a leather cap or non medable if you use a plate helm etc).

I assume this would be an option for someone who is going to burn through barbed kits to make this piece and already plans to use the forged tool to bump it to 190 luck.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For enhancing to 190 luck, consider that pieces made from leather will result in +9 PHY resist. You can somewhat counteract this by throwing out crafted leather pieces that aren’t +2 or +3 base phy resist.

enhancing metal pieces with gold ingots spreads the bonus resist points.

metal pieces also benefit from +180 smith repair deeds, over say 120 tailoring repair - basically you won’t fail to repair.

‘cloth items cannot be enhanced.

always transmog last, if you are going that route. you cannot enhance a transmogged item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks!
I was making a head piece last night and wanted something besides a leather cap. The only thing I found was the Tiger Pelt Hat. I made a black one. On the first try I made a 150 luck but it had lower requirement also...
I did click the imbuing menu on it and it opened the gump, so I assume you can imbue it.

But, I do not know if you can enhance it so I stopped there.

Then I just went back to the stupid leather cap.

You can reforge the Bake Kitsune cap and Krampus Minion Hat, But can not enhance them.

The Dragon Scale Hat will not get to 190.

Another option would be to make a non mage item and convert to mage armor. But at some point it would have too many points to convert.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can now confirm that Assassin's cowl cannot be enhanced.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reforged, yes, enhanced, no. It has to be made from leather, and only leather. The two masks are made from cloth and the tiger helm has a tiger pelt. None of them can be enhanced. Sorry
You're stuck with the leather cap or jingasa.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just transmog into pirate hats
If it were a permanent item I would do that. But just for the Abomination Bunnies, Nope.

I have a Wildfire mask that one will wear. It is pretty ugly also.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I transmogged my wildfire mask onto a pair of cartography glasses.. looks much better
Cool. For some reason I thought we could not use reward items as sources. But that means the
Mask is non medable.. Darn