• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there any benefits of real skill vs buffed for Anatomy?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I too finally have a Serpent Skin Quiver I wondered if there was any downside of dropping Anatomy to 115?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am not aware of any differences between real or modified Anatomy for any particular systems or calculations. I could be wrong, but would be happy to be educated if that isn't the case.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Outside of my OCD hating it I've always wondered is there any real benefit to say 5 meditation or focus? I guess with a sampire getting 5 something else could be useful

AlistorMcCoy

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I actually tested this recently. The only part I thought might be an issue is the GM Anatomy bonus you get to damage (also found out GM anatomy adds an extra second to the duration of Evasion, which is neat). Doesn't need to be real skill, you'll still get the GM bonuses.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe the only time real skill is needed for a skill is when you are using a mastery; all other times I believe whatever your buffed skill is the ones used.

This would be something I'm sure @PlayerSkillFTW would know.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought stealing has to real skill for attempts, not success.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe the only time real skill is needed for a skill is when you are using a mastery; all other times I believe whatever your buffed skill is the ones used.

Are you including passive in that? A tamer with jewels and tally can get the stable slot boost to max

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Specifically for Anatomy, there is only a couple instances where Real Skill vs Modified matters, and that is with Poisoning Mastery's "Injected Strike" and "Potency" abilities, or Wrestling Mastery's "Fists of Fury" ability. Real Anatomy skill influences the duration of the Poison Resist debuff with Injected Strike, slightly increases the chance to not consume a Poison charge with Potency, and increases the duration of Fists of Fury (Eval skill can be used instead though, and it still wears off after a single retaliation attempt).

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nah... real skill doesn't affect stealing at all. You can steal things that are higher weight than normal if you just do a random steal without using snooping. Nobody does that though, because it doesn't take into account whether the items are blessed, insured, or stealable when you do it that way.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
real stealing skill is needed for stealing stuff from dungeons and town crates.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you need real Bushido if you're going to use the Lesser Hyru I believe.