• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are the Dark Wisps Bugged?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noone seemed to mention this yet.

Sometimes the wisps move towards you then teleport off the screen and they continue moving towards you and teleport off the screen again when they reach the same spot and repeat this same pattern again and again unless you move past the spot.

Also sometimes during the fight my sword (soul seeker) stops doing damage to them and i continue to hit them over and over with no damage being done until eventually something happens and i can do damage again. Meanwhile they have been casting on me nonstop. This happen to anyone else or am i the only one who loves the soul seeker so much?

G

The wisps use a unique AI that tells them move in then teleport back repeat. This to my knowledge was intended to make them harder.

The reason you stop doing damage is because the dark wisp is going into a shielded mode. Watch closely the next time it happens you will see an orb shape field around the wisp. Your special moves can still cause the wisp some harm such as bleed and mortal will go off and once it comes out of shield mode it either cannot heal or is bleeding instantly.

L

Lady Beatrix

Dark wisps are fond of spell casting and as such prefer to teleport away to put a little distance between themselves and the humans bashing them with giant grey swords.. but their natural curiosity sometimes causes them to move in closer..

And have you perhaps not noticed the glowing force fields around the wisps during those times when you didn't seem to damage them?

A

AshOfCaine

The Dark Wisps are basically anchored to the area they spawned at, meaning if they go to far they teleport back to where they spawned.

As for times when not doing any damage, you will notice when this happens they have a shield up around them and normally you can't do anything but wait. But, if you have a piece of blackrock in your backpack, you can damage them through the shield.

If you can get one, the pixie swatter has been doing great against the fallen warriors and the dark wisps.