• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Are Splintering weapons worth selling if they are Brittle? (Hammer Pick 20% splint, 70% lightning, HCI SSI ect)

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't pvp at all so I'm not 100% sure what kind of things make Splintering weapons worth selling or trashing besides hit effects. Is something like this worth trying to sell?

Untitled.png

Deschet

Journeyman
I tried asking this a while ago and didn't get an answer. Would love to know because I see these things selling for a ton, and I aquired a bunch in Deceit.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have always been told no, they are not worth it. Something about Splinter and Brittle combined make the durability drop too quickly.

Deschet

Journeyman
My question was just splitering weapons in general, not just splintering/brittle. I've burnt up a splitering/antique weapon in about an hour. I consider that worthless; the brittle ones may be similarly useless. But again, some of these other splintering weapons are selling for 100mil+. What do they have that makes them special?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The ones you see going for those prices are the ones that do not tear up quickly. I am not sure it antique does that or not. Only one I know for sure they do not pay a lot for are the brittle ones.

Wish I could be of more help on it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do also know that "battle lust" and it being something you can use infecting strike on (ie dagger, kryss etc) also make it more desirable.. and if it has a hit single spell (not area). Combine all of that and you have a high value one.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow. Well that's good to know because I don't even have a million yet lol. I guess it's time to put up a vendor and start selling some of the crap I've been collection from Fel t-maps. Thanks for the heads up Dragkarah ^^

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I’ve sold some brittle ones for 50-75mill. So not worthless. I used to throw them all out, but now I keep and sell the very strong rolled brittle ones.

Seems accurate that it would probably be worth 10x if it wasn’t brittle.

gd1874

Adventurer
Brittle splint is def worth money. I’ve sold a bok w the right mods for 150. That pick is worth 50-65 easy

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Just keep anything that has good mods and useable weapon specials. If you leave it on a vendor it will sell for 50+ mill

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
antique splinter wpns are junk for the most part. Durability just gets trashed way too fast. Brittle will sell, but it needs to have good mods and be a wpn demand......like your hammer pick.

I personally buy cheapo antique ones for about a mill (good mods) and just trash them as their usefulness runs out.

RhysAyer

Visitor
I'm a recent returner too, on atlantic. Maybe y'all could help me out with some price ranges on these?

Black Staff: Brittle/splinter10/ogre slayer/battle lust/mana +3/hci5 (weight6)

Bardiche: splintering 10/hit fireball 20/hit poison area 20/str+1/stam+3 (weight 50)

Sledgehammer: antique/splintering 10/int+3/mana+1/EP5%/hci5% (weight 10)

Warhammer: splintering10/hit lightning 20/luck50/ssi30/ (physical damage 70% & chaos damage 30%) (weight 50)

Axe: antique/splintering10/hit dispel 20/hit mana drain 30/hit lower attack50/int+5 (weight 4)

Warhammer: splinter10/mana leech 37/hld20/prized/int+3/DI 20 (weight 10)

Most Grateful if anyone can help!

R

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm a recent returner too, on atlantic. Maybe y'all could help me out with some price ranges on these?

Bardiche: splintering 10/hit fireball 20/hit poison area 20/str+1/stam+3 (weight 50)

Warhammer: splintering10/hit lightning 20/luck50/ssi30/ (physical damage 70% & chaos damage 30%) (weight 50)

Axe: antique/splintering10/hit dispel 20/hit mana drain 30/hit lower attack50/int+5 (weight 4)

R
You want splinter 20%+, 50+ hit spell (fireball and lightning pref)

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED

R
All is junk unfortunately. Look for what the poster above said