• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are recipes still bugged?

L

Lia

Hi, again

About a year ago, when I last played, it was really difficult to get recipes for certain items. Has this improved? It seems like some would not spawn (squirrel or something) and others had incredibly small percentages to spawn (butcher's war cleaver or something like that).

Just was hoping to find out before I use up a lot of resources trying to get them again.

Thanks for your help!! :)

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one that's never been seen as a recipe is the Stone Anvil (East), but it CAN turn up (very rarely) as a deed (yeah, I know - go figure!?). The Stone Anvil (South) is common.

There's a few very rare recipes for each of the questable crafts:

Blacksmith - Cold Forged Blade, Luminous Rune Blade, Overseer Sundered Blade, Shard Thrasher (semi-rares are Adventurer's Machete, Butcher's War Cleaver, Luckblade, Runeblade of Knowledge, Silver-Etched Mace)

Carpentry - Bramble Coat, Ironwood Crown, Phantom Staff (semi-rare: Acid Proof Rope, Squirrel Statue (East), and less rare is Warrior Statue (East))

Tinkering - Essence of Battle, Pendant of the Magi, Resilient Bracer, Scrapper's Compendium (yes yes I KNOW it's a scribe scroll, but you can only get it from the tinker quest!)

Tailoring - Song Woven Mantle, Spell Woven Britches, Stitcher's Mittens

Bowcraft - Blight Gripped Longbow, Faerie Fire, Mischief Maker, The Night Reaper, Silvani's Feywood Bow - but, altho these 5 bow recipes are "rare", meaning "you have a low chance of getting one", there are actually quite a LOT around for sale, fairly cheap. This is because the bowcraft quests are done more than any of the others, by people trying to get the runic fletching kits.

Carpentry quests also have a small chance of throwing you a runic saw.

(If I've got any of this wrong, or missed anything out, SOMEone please correct me?)

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes aome of them are very difficult to get. I never bothered with some of them earlier and have filled in what I need as I go along.
I just decided to continue on and am having a horrible time getting a pendant of the magi recipie.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe there is a bug involved other than the anvil that never shows up. Some recipes were intended to be rare and some were intended to be extremely rare. I've received every last recipe except for the anvil, so I know they all eventually show up.

The problem with Heartwood isn't the rarity of the recipes. The problem is that the rest of the reward loot was nerfed to the point of being worthless 99.9% of the time, so there's no incentive to go to Heartwood unless you want Recipes or Runic Kits. And of course High-end Runic kits can only be had by scripters since they are way too rare for your regular player.