• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Are Plainly Drawn (level 1) Treasure Maps good for anything ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting quite a lot of Plainly Drawn Treasure Maps from fishing and they are now starting to take up valuable storage space.

The question is, other than to train up Cartography, are they good for anything as far as their loot goes ?

Since now the changes to Treasure Hunting have made finding the spot to dig up more time consuming, I am wondering whether level 1 maps are worth the time spent into it at all or they are not worth it.

Thanks for the info.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had, from level 1s. 5k gold, some normal gems possibility of alacrity scroll possibility of skeleton key possibility of recipe - even the rare ones. I got Spell woven britches recipe from a level 1.

I actually find most maps within a few minutes using the screen cap method I worked out.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had, from level 1s. 5k gold, some normal gems possibility of alacrity scroll possibility of skeleton key possibility of recipe - even the rare ones. I got Spell woven britches recipe from a level 1.

I actually find most maps within a few minutes using the screen cap method I worked out.

Thank you for the info.

No chance for a forged pardon drop ?

The probability chance of an uncommon item drop is reasonable or quite low ?

I mean, if 1 in 100 of level 1 Maps gets something decent, perhaps it is not worth looking for 100 spots before one gets something close to being usefull.........

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly with over 300 of them stored, I've been binning them now. :( I won't get round to do the 300, Let alone any more!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After you have done several maps, the time you need to find the spot should decrease.
You can still do lvl 1's way faster than the higher maps. I get alacrity scrolls from them at a good rate. Same for tasty treats, recipes, skeletton keys. At a low rate i can get another map (lvl 1 or 2) or a mib. (Actually i dont like the mib-thing from t-chests ... i get enough of them from fishing.) Creepy vines are somewhat rare from lvl 1's but possible (maybe 1 out of 20).

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know, I do level 1 maps so fast and easy no from experience that I do them when there is a tv show or movie I want to watch, rather than just the tube I do maps also.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a returning player who has just started a t hunter lvl 1 maps are awesome to me as I can't do anything else hehe. If anyone wants to sell me some on GL I would be happy to buy them.