• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Archery vs Throwing

• Thread starter Bort of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bort of Atlantic

I'm trying to figure out why I -wouldn't- want to go throwing instead of archery for pvm (or pvp for that matter).

1) Wraith in a group would do some insane damage with AI glaive
2) No ammo (it's a plus but not a big deal)
3) PvP, Cyclone specials seem great (although I'm not quite sure how infused throw works; does it stun while mounted and dismount them if you're not mounted?)
4) Greater DPS in general from soul glaive in pvm in general, even if I go sampire

This all assumes swords is no longer needed for melee-range hits; on Stratics, it still lists the requirement for swords, but on uoguide, it states this requirement was removed.

I'll search a bit, but I am curious what throwing PvP templates are out there, so if anyone has ideas, please feel free to post. I'm curious how a throwing ninja would work out. Thanks in advance.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re:

There's a particular Template based on being a Garg and having Throwing/Ninjitsu out there that's been vexxing a lot of people.. ;) Look that up if you don't mind playing FOTM characters..

B

Bort of Atlantic

Re:

There's a particular Template based on being a Garg and having Throwing/Ninjitsu out there that's been vexxing a lot of people.. ;) Look that up if you don't mind playing FOTM characters..
Is this for pvm or pvp? I'll look it up, but if you have a link, I wouldn't mind checking it out. I don't mind FOTM provided I can make the template/character unique (e.g. on my pvm suit, I'm going to use bloodwood instead of going for HCI/DI heartwood).

And what exactly does infused throw do?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re:

Is this for pvm or pvp? I'll look it up, but if you have a link, I wouldn't mind checking it out. I don't mind FOTM provided I can make the template/character unique (e.g. on my pvm suit, I'm going to use bloodwood instead of going for HCI/DI heartwood).

And what exactly does infused throw do?
About that template, think its 120 throwing,ninjitsu,tactics,anat,heal,resist.
Build for high survivability in pvp, but you could pvm just for the reason its hard to die on such a char.

Infused throw in pvm is basically paralyzing blow and crushing blow in one hit, as very few pvm encounters can be dismounted. Para and around 50% di if not at cap , very useful at caster spawns. Most people will probably use a soulglaive (ai) and 15 ssi on suit for more damage, but if you dont have that or play siege/mugen, infused throw kicks some arse.

Cannot really comment on the pvp part, but from what i remember its dismount if you are on foot and para/crushing when flying.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re:

It's mainly for PVP and is effective, as FOTMs come. Look in UHall there's a Thread there I think by Widow Maker? Could be wrong. Something about the "State of PVP"? Can't even bother looking at the moment. It has deteriorated in terms of content due to ... All the :heart: PVPers share for each other. You can still find out how to make it though.