• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Archery suit advice ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First and foremost, since bows can have Damage Increase and/or Swing Speed Increase on them, is it advisable to have these mods also on the suit ?

Second question is, for an archer who wanted to build a suit that allows :

- reach or get the closest possible to the 100 Damage Increase CAP

- reach or get the closest possible to the 60 Swing Speed Increase CAP

- reach or get the closest possible to the 45 Hit Chance Increase CAP

And still have decent or good resists and stats increase (particularly for stamina and mana), what are the main artifacts/special items around which it would be advisable to build such a suit ?

ALso, having an Elf Archer for the 20 mana regen bonus is always advisable or are there cases where being human is more advisable for an archer ?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First and foremost, since bows can have Damage Increase and/or Swing Speed Increase on them, is it advisable to have these mods also on the suit ?

And still have decent or good resists and stats increase (particularly for stamina and mana), what are the main artifacts/special items around which it would be advisable to build such a suit ?

ALso, having an Elf Archer for the 20 mana regen bonus is always advisable or are there cases where being human is more advisable for an archer ?
All of them

also, pvp or pvm?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of them

also, pvp or pvm?

Initially PvM, we are talking about exploring a new territory, little knowledge about archery and so, better first get some experience in PvM and then later, when there is more knowledge on the skill and how it works, perhaps explore PvP with it also.

But for now, let's remain in PvM.

I would add that the reaching of the Hit Chance Increase CAP (45) is quite crucial since the Archer will also have Bushido and so Perfection where always hitting the target is vital to reach max Perfection which in turn gives a boost to Damage Increase.....

By the way, the Damage Increase boost from Perfection is in excess of the 100 DI CAP one might already have from the suit/weapon or is within that 100 DI limit ?

So, what artifacts/special items should such a suit evolve to what visible (modifiers and their values) results ?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes. Not only advisable but essential.

Animated Legs Of The Insane Tinker.

Elfs receive 20 mana increase not regen.

Yes, there are cases where being human is more advisable.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Not only advisable but essential.
Thank you for your reply.

I take it from your answer that the essential refers to the fact that it would be very important to get as close to the CAP as possible both for Swing Speed Increase (60) and for Damage Increase (100) and that since this is not doable only on the weapon therefore, it is "essential" to make up for the difference on the suit from whatever the weapon may have ?

Did I get it right ?

Animated Legs Of The Insane Tinker.
Well, this particular item makes up for, among the resistances it has,

- Dexterity Bonus 5
- Stamina Regeneration 2
- Swing Speed Increase 10%
- Damage Increase 10%

To reach 60 SSI there is still some 50 SSI to be covered, yes, part will be on the weapon but I do not think all 50 SSI can fit on a weapon...
To reach 100 DI there is a whopping 90 DI still that needs to be covered. Again, hopefully "some" will be on the weapon but I doubt there can be a weapon with 90 DI and 50 SSI out there......

Not to mention, the need to cover also other mods to help mana regen, stamina and so forth.

Bottom line is, besides the Animated Legs Of The Insane Tinker what other artifacts/special pieces will get an archer closer to those high values of modifiers ?

Elfs receive 20 mana increase not regen.

Yes, there are cases where being human is more advisable.
In such a case the need to have an Elf archer is not that big of a deal, right ?

I mean, what really matters more than the mana increase is the regen so as to always be able to keep up with the special moves. And if an Elf gives no particular bonus to mana regen but the Jack of all Trades of humans can come more handy, well, then do I understand it as right that it is more advisable to have a human archer rather than an elf archer ?

Thanks again for the help and advice.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Thank you for your reply.

I take it from your answer that the essential refers to the fact that it would be very important to get as close to the CAP as possible both for Swing Speed Increase (60) and for Damage Increase (100) and that since this is not doable only on the weapon therefore, it is "essential" to make up for the difference on the suit from whatever the weapon may have ?

Did I get it right ?
Yes, though 60 SSI is only necessary for swinging the Heavy Crossbow at its cap of 2s and the Bow at it's cap of 1.5s, 55 SSI is necessary for swinging the Crossbow and Yumi at their caps of 1.75s, for the Composite Bow only 45 SSI is needed to swing it at it's cap of 1.5s.

*With 180 Stamina that is.*

Well, this particular item makes up for, among the resistances it has,

- Dexterity Bonus 5
- Stamina Regeneration 2
- Swing Speed Increase 10%
- Damage Increase 10%

To reach 60 SSI there is still some 50 SSI to be covered, yes, part will be on the weapon but I do not think all 50 SSI can fit on a weapon...
To reach 100 DI there is a whopping 90 DI still that needs to be covered. Again, hopefully "some" will be on the weapon but I doubt there can be a weapon with 90 DI and 50 SSI out there......

Not to mention, the need to cover also other mods to help mana regen, stamina and so forth.

Bottom line is, besides the Animated Legs Of The Insane Tinker what other artifacts/special pieces will get an archer closer to those high values of modifiers ?
If you intend to have 60 SSI, then you will need the Ranger's Cloak Of Augmentation, an Imbued Turquoise Ring, and an Imbued and Enhanced bow with 40 SSI.

There are other options such as old invasion bows which had up to 50 but I don't think they're Imbuable anymore. There's also the Jade Arm Band and Daimyo's Helm which are no longer Imbuable, or Assassin Armor pieces.

100 DI is typically achieved via 40 on the weapon 20 on each jewel and 20 on the talisman.

In such a case the need to have an Elf archer is not that big of a deal, right ?

I mean, what really matters more than the mana increase is the regen so as to always be able to keep up with the special moves. And if an Elf gives no particular bonus to mana regen but the Jack of all Trades of humans can come more handy, well, then do I understand it as right that it is more advisable to have a human archer rather than an elf archer ?

Thanks again for the help and advice.
With the Tinker Legs your suit will be non-medable anyway, so you would only get the JOAT bonus from Focus, which is about 1 MR, however, in PvM you typically keep your mana full on a warrior more with either Leeches or Wraith Form than regens.

As an Archer needs to carry arrows/bolts and possibly bandages and more, a humans increased carrying weight could be helpful. Elves have a 75 energy resist cap and night sight.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I would add that the reaching of the Hit Chance Increase CAP (45) is quite crucial since the Archer will also have Bushido and so Perfection where always hitting the target is vital to reach max Perfection which in turn gives a boost to Damage Increase.....
The Bushido spell Lightning Strike gives 50 HCI (or in other words puts you at the cap for one hit), it doesn't stack with the item property.

You should read what the spells of skills do before seeing if its a good combination of abilities.

By the way, the Damage Increase boost from Perfection is in excess of the 100 DI CAP one might already have from the suit/weapon or is within that 100 DI limit ?
There are two seperate caps in PvM:
100% from items (Armor, Weapons, Jewelry, Talismans)
300% from Slayers, Chivalry, Perfection

Tactics, Anatomy, Strength and Lumberjacking are modifiers of the base damage of weapons before either of those caps are accounted for. Or to put it another way they are not part of the caps.

J

[JD]

popps,

to determine how much ssi and sta you want in your template you need to decide which bows you want to use. to decide the bows you need to know their purposes...

pvp:
heavy x-bow: dismount/moving shot
bow: mortal, para shot
comp: ai, moving shot
magical short: spawning with hit area

pvm:
comp bow: ai
any other bow would be used because you were trying to get high dps.

plug your estimated sta (150 or 180) as well as ssi into this calculator below to see how it influences the swing speed and damage..

assume at least that you will be using ash enhanced 40 ssi bows and either 150 or 180 sta. you will notice there are dps leaps at certain levels of ssi/sta.

UO Stratics - Weapons

for example using conservative #s: str 120, dex (sta) 150, anat/tac 100, 100 DI, 40 SSI...

you will notice:

the comp bow swings at 1.75 and does roughly 31 dps. by going to 180 sta and adding 5% SSI from the turquoise ring so you have 45 ssi, you accelerate it to 1.5s and now it does 36 dps. this kind of small investment is probably worth it.

as you experiment to learn the ssi/sta combos and how they effect DPS, you will see some will take a big big invesment and maybe it might not be worth it so much...

find your sweet spot for ssi/sta and use the appropriate bows..