• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archery Advice - Fits and Starts

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Recently finished off my Sampire so that leaves one last template to finish. The venerable ABC Archer. This guy has been a project since ... well I can't remember that far back! But my issue is that I don't want to honor anything anymore after the Sampire training. I see -crtl- R honor macro in my sleep. I need something easy, relaxing and just pew pew. Thinking about dropping Bushido and going with Mystic Archer so he can run behind a Raging Colossus. My goal is to do just about anything in game as an archer and not deal with Bushido. Any suggestions?

Old Template
Max Current Level
120 Archery 120
120 Tactics 120
120 Anatomy 120
120 Bushido 90
120 Healing 85
120 Chivalry 60

New Template
Max Current Level
120 Archery 120
120 Tactics 120
120 Anatomy 120
120 Mysticism 0
120 Healing 85
120 Chivalry 60

Change to 85d/85i/60s

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mysticism uses Focus or Imbuing as it's form of Eval. The Focus/Imbuing increases the power of the RC.
As an Archer, the Bushido not only allows you to Honor opponents for up to +100% Damage (which is excellent againsts bosses with no Slayer), but it also gives you access to Confidence for running heals, Momentum Strike for hitting a second target right next to you, as well as use of the Double Shot and Armor Pierce abilities of the Yumi. If you're hunting in a group, and someone's pet is using Conductive Blast, then a 100% Energy Yumi is actually pretty powerful with Double Shot, out damaging Armor Ignore in a lot of circumstances then.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
RC Needs Focus and Mystic to not be insta dispelled by most creatures. I prefer tamer archer myself If I am going to invest the skill points because I don't need spell channel on weapon. Mark a few runes to places and copy to test center and see what you like to play best.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The archer mastery is not that great. So you do not need to max real skill there. You can run hunter's headdress for 20 Archery Skill and 5 from despicable quiver freeing up 25 points. If you can manage just chiv heals and cleanse by fire. You could do away with healing freeing up 85 points. Or take healing down to 80 as well as anatomy and free up 45, 65 if you take tactics to 100 as well. There are a number of ways to fit in enough for Myst & Focus or Taming & Lore. As before I would test on test center before committing to the point changes on home shard. Best tanks for easy game play are tamer pets imo because you control them. Could build a 4 slot feint pet just to tank or a conductive blast triton as mentioned above. The game is in your hands.... good luck sir!

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Doctor. Interesting. Looks like Mystic Archer is a redo. It looks like Anatomy is out for a good archer and maybe I can dump resist for something else. Maybe I should go with:

Mystic Archer: 120 archery, 120 mysticism, 120 focus, 120 resist, 120 tactics, 120 chivalry
OR Spellweaving Archer: 120 archery, 120 tactics, 120 spellweaving, 120 resist, 120 chivalry, 120 meditation

Any suggestions?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is a build I'm working toward. Still in training but having fun with it.

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Mystic
120 Focus
100 Anatomy
080 Chivalry
060 Meditation

You can substitute Archery for Throwing. I have been debating adding Healing and replacing Chiv/Med.

I don't have the end game setup yet, but it's been fun to play so far. Decent damage and enough casting to be effective. Good regen to stay alive and active.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That looks great Merlin! Tell me how it goes. Guess I could stone 120 Anatomy and build it back up to only 100.

Thanks for the template!!

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I could stone 120 Anatomy and build it back up to only 100.
Yeah, the hardest thing for me to do in this game is to turn the arrow down on a skill I have worked up to 120. I know it only makes sense to take advantage of the bonuses on equipment, but....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That looks great Merlin! Tell me how it goes. Guess I could stone 120 Anatomy and build it back up to only 100.

Thanks for the template!!
If you're going to rebuild it, then just use a fast weapon (Shamino's Best Crossbow works great for this, fast attack speed and 10 Self Repair, as well as Double Strike) and attack a disarmed Gregorio. Best way to gain Anatomy, since you can't damage him, he's easy to land hits on, and when disarmed he deals virtually no damage. Also spam the Anatomy skill on him at the same time for even faster gains.