• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archers exclusive! Give your opinions on how many arrows you'd want quivers to hold

How many arrows should your quiver hold and how do you use quivers?

• Don't change: I carry 1 - 2 quivers at 500 arrows/bolts each, limited to 50 stones, and it's fine

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Don't change: I carry 3 or more quivers at 500 arrows/bolts and it's fine

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 400 stones each! I carry hoards of 50 stone quivers and it's dumb!

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • 400 stones each! I'm tempted to try to sneak 'bugged' quivers because 50 stone ones are dumb.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I don't regularly use an archer

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
R

Revenant2

Archers speak up!

Do quivers which only hold 500 arrows (weight limit: 50 stones) do you well? Or, would you want to see all quivers hold 400 stones each, like a normal container? If so, why do you feel it would be a reasonable change?

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally think 400 stones is acceptable. Archers already have to pay out the rear for arrows, I dont see why they have to *take it* with quivers too.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found that 500 arrows lasts quite a long time (at 30% Lower Ammo Cost). I fail to see why anyone would need 4000 arrows in one container, since you would have very little carry capacity left for any thing else like potions, bandaids, armor, a couple other bows. I currently carry one additional quiver for bolts, if I happen to bring a crossbow when I am hunting. Quivers are very inexpensive to make.

Stayin Alive,

BG

R

Revenant2

I find that 500 of each type of ammo (50 stone limit) is way fewer than meets my needs.

I need 1500 arrows with me if I'm using a fast bow and will be working a good long while (undead spawn perhaps followed by an arachnid spawn, both of my slayers for those happen to be shortbow types). I need 1000 arrows with me for slower bows if I'm going to be out a while (say, a number of vermin spawns).

I feel like it makes no sense for the tech side to artificially try to limit the quivers' capacity to 50 stones as it does now. If they wanted to make me happy and also greatly simplify things on their end, they would make quivers just sit at 400 stones and let me decide how many arrows I want to stick in.

I never carry 4000 arrows when I'm out on my archer (which I think would be the technical limit of a 400 stone 'bugged' quiver). I do occasionally hold that many arrows as I farm them out at Serpentine Passage or whatever, but when out in the field its not that many. So in that regard, if the artificial limit changed from 500 arrows to 1500, it would be the same to me - - just kinda more work for them. Having them all be just the regular container limit just makes sense from both sides.

G

greatpumpkinator

I say allow it to act like a normal container in terms of weight...why? Well, there is no game advantages other than less quivers in your pack. You are still limited by the total weight you are holding anyways.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chose I caryy 1-2 and fine. Most of the time, I am fine. The only time I run into trouble is using the mischif maker or certain of my repeaters. But i expect to run low fast on those. Much more than 1-2 quivers and I can't carry much loot. I would like to see more Lower ammo cost items though, not 100% maybe 30-40 tops, which exists already so....

Ori

R

Revenant2

I find that 500 of each type of ammo (50 stone limit) is way fewer than meets my needs.

I need 1500 arrows with me if I'm using a fast bow and will be working a good long while (undead spawn perhaps followed by an arachnid spawn, both of my slayers for those happen to be shortbow types). I need 1000 arrows with me for slower bows if I'm going to be out a while (say, a number of vermin spawns).

I feel like it makes no sense for the tech side to artificially try to limit the quivers' capacity to 50 stones as it does now. If they wanted to make me happy and also greatly simplify things on their end, they would make quivers just sit at 400 stones and let me decide how many arrows I want to stick in.

I never carry 4000 arrows when I'm out on my archer (which I think would be the technical limit of a 400 stone 'bugged' quiver). I do occasionally hold that many arrows as I farm them out at Serpentine Passage or whatever, but when out in the field its not that many. So in that regard, if the artificial limit changed from 500 arrows to 1500, it would be the same to me - - just kinda more work for them. Having them all be just the regular container limit just makes sense from both sides.
I should have mentioned that my archer is red and as such, does all PVM stuff in areas that do not allow him to recall in or out.

It requires 5 "legal" quivers for my archer to function. 3 to hold between 1000 - 1500 arrows, one for crossbow bolts, and one to equip and always keep empty so that the bug with "recovery" does not force ammunition out of a quiver into my base level pack.

I think this kind of thing is a bigger issue for Fel archers who do PVM than for Tram type ones. The Fel ones are constantly stuck deep in places like no-recall dungeons, out on Island, and in the middle of Fel T2a. We simply must not run out of arrows while out there doing stuff, as we can't recall home and get more (whereas someone in Trammel at least can get a free trip one-way). To run out of arrows or bolts while you're out there is a big ordeal, a big screw-up.

And while we can afford it, we know that we pay insurance on each and every quiver when we die (and we die a bunch), and that stuff adds up and doesn't make you happy to carry so many quivers.

It's not necessary that the information in the poll or the thread posts identify the Tram vs. Fel applications. It's just worth mentioning that the two experiences are different enough to result in different perspectives.

C

Connor_Graham

I fail to see why anyone would need 4000 arrows in one container, since you would have very little carry capacity left for any thing else like potions, bandaids, armor, a couple other bows.
4000 arrows/bolts in a Quiver of the Elements is only 200 stones when the 50% weight reduction is taken into consideration. Using half that capacity it's only 100 stones and you're carrying 2000 arrows/bolts. I used the bugged quivers myself until they were deemed illegal and don't see any good reason why they quivers should be limited. Archers are the only class that has to carry that much "extra" with them in order to be able to use their skill. Mages used to have regs, but now have LRC. Tamers can cast Create Food to magically make food for their pets. Meleers don't have anything extra. Bards would be the only other class that requires an "extra" in order to use their skill, but the heaviest instrument only weighs 10 stone, so there's no comparison. It's a real pain to have to go down to Doom with 6 quivers on you, not to mention expensive as hell when you die.

R

Revenant2

4000 arrows/bolts in a Quiver of the Elements is only 200 stones when the 50% weight reduction is taken into consideration. Using half that capacity it's only 100 stones and you're carrying 2000 arrows/bolts. I used the bugged quivers myself until they were deemed illegal and don't see any good reason why they quivers should be limited. Archers are the only class that has to carry that much "extra" with them in order to be able to use their skill. Mages used to have regs, but now have LRC. Tamers can cast Create Food to magically make food for their pets. Meleers don't have anything extra. Bards would be the only other class that requires an "extra" in order to use their skill, but the heaviest instrument only weighs 10 stone, so there's no comparison. It's a real pain to have to go down to Doom with 6 quivers on you, not to mention expensive as hell when you die.
Yeah, I was thinking to myself that Doom was a big deal, and totally Trammel.. =p

Back when my archer was blue, keeping supplied with arrows in Doom was a bigger problem than champ spawns (I had the luxury of a demon-slayer bow instead of the crossbow-bolt-gobbling Night Reaper). Me and my archer friend used a blue beetle to carry a whole bunch of (unbugged) quivers in to supply both of us with arrows, and we also put our bandies stash in the beetle, some food, and so on. We put the beetle down in the store and kept as close an eye on it as possible. That was something else, sheesh!

(I won't start on how we don't have a quiver-like thing for bandies and how clear it is that we should).

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archers speak up!

Do quivers which only hold 500 arrows (weight limit: 50 stones) do you well? Or, would you want to see all quivers hold 400 stones each, like a normal container? If so, why do you feel it would be a reasonable change?
In PvP it isn't necessary but in PvM or skill training it would be nice.

S

Seasseragh

I´d rather wish for them to fix the arrow-bug, where arrows are suddenly not recognized as the same item anymore. Meaning they turn up as a second stack in the quiver or don´t even go there. Also recovered arrows should go directly to the quiver, not the backpack.

E

Ericge99

I prefer to carry 1500 to 2000 for each of my archer chars. Realy stops the requirement to replenish. Nothing worse than running out at a bad time.

M

Mythic

So wheres the option for One quiver with 500arrows/bolts is fine. I usually have to make a few trips home or to the bank to unload goodies before I even need more arrows.

G

galefan2004

I'd welcome a change to allowing them all to hold 400 stones only if they took the weight reduction and the ability to insure quivers out of the game. I mean, archers are one of the strongest templates in the game atm. They really don't need yet another bonus given to them. If you know you are going to be hunting for awhile then take a few extra full quivers.

C

Clyde

I plan ahead and bring more than one quiver, if I think I will need it. If I wanted to carry 4000 arrows, currently it would cost me 14 items in my backpack (7 for the quivers and 7 for each stack of 500 arrows; wearing a full quiver of course). I see absolutely no reason to change, for something so insignificant.

Page a gm and get your bugged quiver fixed, if you are worried about it.