• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archers and Mages

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I PvP and I have played both an archer and a mage and all and one thing I do know is there is a weakness and an advantage to EVERY template..... there is no perfect template that will make you unbeatable... If you want to play where your unbeatable then play a single player game and get over it.... quit living in a daydream..... I would like a return to a more skill based system rather than the itemized based system we've become.....I think if they also did more to combat the script runners that would help too.

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

M

Mythic

GM made weapon and armour fights would be cool, wonder if anyone does that, you know just some normal leathor or ingots made by a gm blacksmith, nothing special, no jewelry or artifacts. mages with scribe would have a good advantage but so would anyone with legendary resist, more skill based aye?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...But prepare for the Warrior classes complains to start coming in. If you got no clue as to why, try fighting a Disarm/Archer..

Or better a Dismount/Disarm/Archer.

With Balanced bow etc etc.
Gimplates are back!!!

:grouphug:

A

archite666

GM made weapon and armour fights would be cool, wonder if anyone does that, you know just some normal leathor or ingots made by a gm blacksmith, nothing special, no jewelry or artifacts. mages with scribe would have a good advantage but so would anyone with legendary resist, more skill based aye?
http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

There it is my friend, there you find the most hardcore, skillbased, nonitem-based combat.

A

archite666

"I PvP and I have played both an archer and a mage and all and one thing I do know is there is a weakness and an advantage to EVERY template..... there is no perfect template that will make you unbeatable... If you want to play where your unbeatable then play a single player game and get over it.... quit living in a daydream..... I would like a return to a more skill based system rather than the itemized based system we've become.....I think if they also did more to combat the script runners that would help too. "

Hm not trying to start a complaining thread, but have you ever fought a Bokker?

I of course am speaking of a ninja bushido dexxer who uses a bokuto, nervestrike,nervestrike, deathestrike. Seriously one of my personal peeves, in the hands of someone with some skills they are almost unkillable.

M

Mythic

Can someone please help.I am very new to UO and i would like to build an Archer/Mage but cannot find any info on what skill set i should have Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you
120 achery 5 to 7 mil
120 tact 4 to 6 mil
120 eval 8 to 12 mil
120 magery 12 to 20 mil
120 resisting spells 6 to 9 mil
100 or 120 meditation 2 mil
youll have to sacrifice lrc to build a suit based on stamina increase lmc and mr
2/6 casting full 70 suit and extra in fire and poison with some hci dci jewelry

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one unbalance in dexxers/mages fights caused by Hit lower defense (HLD).

The way it was thought, at equal skill/HCI/DCI, the dexxer should hit on average 50% and the mage should be 50 % interrupted. With HLD, this balance is broken.

This is a lot more obvious in fights involving archers as they do not have to be close to their targets like a melee dexxer

M

Masumatek

I think hld/hla/parry/hci/dci shouldn't exist. We'd also have to change the bushido skill if we removed those.

M

Masumatek

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

There it is my friend, there you find the most hardcore, skillbased, nonitem-based combat.
Less item-based than normal shards perhaps, but thanks to all the events and item system changes meant for trammel shards that never should have been added to Siege, Siege is hella item-based as well. A few months ago it was sad...now it's sickening. People running around in so many damn cursed arties and uber runic gear. We need a complete item-wipe and revamp of the item system. Better yet, we need a complete redo of Siege...done right and kept safe from trammel bleed forever.

S

Still Frame

Dismount is beyond over powered now, both people getting the dismount timer is dumb. The one who shot/threw the dismount should get the timer and the other should have one way shorter

M

Masumatek

No...dismount/bolas should be completely removed from the game. No need to nerf something that brings nothing to the game and never should have been added at all...just remove it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
frankly, The problem isn't mages or archers per se but rather the ease of which over hybridization can occur and the lack of barriers to prevent a player from having the strength of 1000 skill points.

M

Mythic

Then I would like to see that bug! Every time I run out of arrows
It exists, If the Devs are not aware of how PM me Ill explain, its rather simple and an oversight im sure, Oh BTW aside from testing this out I have not used or abused it, just so ya know :)
Actually Ill bet a lot if not most archers found out accidently on their own

M

Masumatek

frankly, The problem isn't mages or archers per se but rather the ease of which over hybridization can occur and the lack of barriers to prevent a player from having the strength of 1000 skill points.
So then, I hope you aren't opposed to removing/severely capping many item properties?