• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer without healing, viable?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been experimenting with an archer PvM template without healing. Instead of healing I use Vampiric Embrace. With just 50 necro (+ midnight + Ossian + jewelry, which you take off after casting) you can get VE which gives you:
-20% life drain on every hit.
-Immunity to poison levels 1-4.
-MR
There's a few issues, I know. You can't drink cure pots and you take extra damage from certain spells. But you will rarely get poisoned, so you can just use close wounds (which heals 30+ at high karma) to heal in case of need.

You could run this template:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Resist
100 Anatomy
70 Chiv
50 Necro
40 Focus
Or 105 archery + headdress and 55 focus.

The main advantage is that when you fight e.g. the DF you will heal easily yourself for 20 points/2 s. At least.

I wanted your opinion on this
. Do keep in mind that this template is PvM only.

C

Connor_Graham

I wouldn't suggest it for a couple of reasons that I'll list below. You can still fit Necro in, but you really only need to squeeze 35 skill points in. The rest can be made up with items you can keep in a bag on you.

Teleporting Monsters- Teleporting monsters now do double damage. DF hits against all 70's at around 30. With a teleport involved, that's now 60. Add in a couple of flamestrikes on top of that, and you're near death, and nowhere near in any condition to get back into the fight to be able to leech your life back, and remember he will be following you. The Necro leeching only works when you've got a large enough HP pool to start with. When you get knocked down to 10% life or so, it's time for the primary healing capabilities to kick in.

Lethal Poison- Rotting Corpses infect with Level 6 poison. Neither the Vamp form nor Orange Petals will help with this.

I would suggest finding a way to squeeze 35 points in using the Midnight Bracers instead of 50 points and keep Healing. You could always drop Tactics down some and use the points from there. Necro does help, so I'd say go for it if you want to add it in, but don't do it at the sacrifice of your primary healing ability.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I wouldn't suggest it for a couple of reasons that I'll list below. You can still fit Necro in, but you really only need to squeeze 35 skill points in. The rest can be made up with items you can keep in a bag on you.

Teleporting Monsters- Teleporting monsters now do double damage. DF hits against all 70's at around 30. With a teleport involved, that's now 60. Add in a couple of flamestrikes on top of that, and you're near death, and nowhere near in any condition to get back into the fight to be able to leech your life back, and remember he will be following you. The Necro leeching only works when you've got a large enough HP pool to start with. When you get knocked down to 10% life or so, it's time for the primary healing capabilities to kick in.

Lethal Poison- Rotting Corpses infect with Level 6 poison. Neither the Vamp form nor Orange Petals will help with this.

I would suggest finding a way to squeeze 35 points in using the Midnight Bracers instead of 50 points and keep Healing. You could always drop Tactics down some and use the points from there. Necro does help, so I'd say go for it if you want to add it in, but don't do it at the sacrifice of your primary healing ability.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback!

What do you reckon is the absolute minimum in healing skill to heal the lvl 6? 61 is needed to cure poison, but I guess I need more for it to be effective.
I could do:
110 Tactics
105 Archery
100 Anatomy
100 Resist
100 Bushido
70 chivalry
40 necro (midnight - 20, jewelry - 30, grimoire - 10, can't think of anything else to kick up necro).
That leaves 95 points to spread out between healing and focus. 95 points in healing is overkill, since I rarely have to heal anyway.

I already try to do Doom with just VE, not using healing and despite my template not being done yet, I seem to manage quite well. The teleport damage is np, I can live through that, the only thing is rotting corpses. But if there's enough people present I outrun those.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm actually testing out the minimum healing for Level 6 with my dexxer and his rebuild. I'm forced to drop Healing to 90 and use the enhanced bandages to bring him up to GM level. It was suggested by another poster that even though this still brings him technically to GM Healing, that it still fails to cure sometimes. I'll be testing that out over the course of the next week against Miasma, which I'm going to use to finish up his Swords &amp; Bushido against. I'll let you know what I come up with.

For Necro, you can use the following to require only 35 Necro, and not have to spend 25ish mil on a Necro Mark of the Travesty:

Midnite Bracers +20
Ossian Grimoirer +10
Bloodwood talisman +5
+15/+14 Ring/Brace combo

This will give you 64 Necro in items, so you only need 35 more to cast Vampiric Embrace. You could even try to make a +15 Necro fishing pole to replace the Ossian Grimoire, and gain an extra 5 points there.

Another thing I'd suggest is to drop Resist down to 90. It's only 1 point against Curse, and the only other reason for GM level would be poison, which you're already immune to at the levels GM Resist would protect you against. That gives you an extra 10 points you can put somewhere else.