• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] archer template help please!

W

Wilde1

Finally found a 120 archery scroll to eat (woot) and got it capped. Need some help with this PVM-intended template. I don't know what to give up to increase Bushido. I understand that eventually I need to eat a 120 bush scroll. The anatomy and tactics are where they are just because those are the scrolls Ive come across so far.

Archery 120 (100 real, wearing headdress)
Anatomy 120
Tactics 115
Healing 113 (115 cap)
Focus 100
Bushido 94 (115 cap so far)
Chivalry 77.9 (and pointed down)

I suspect I need to lower chiv, anat and healing (but how far?), get bush to 120, and then maybe tactics to 120 if I can find or farm a scroll and there are enough points leftover.

Help please!

C

Connor_Graham

This is my template:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Healing 100
Anatomy 95
Resist 90
Chiv 75

I would suggest you either stone Focus or just turn it down and "fuggedaboudit". It's worthless, and the points could be much better used in Resist. I'd also turn Healing down and bring it to 100. There's really not much point in having it higher than that as the only benefit you get is easier rezzing. If you use enhanced bandages and are at GM, you heal & rez as if you had 110 Healing. I'd also turn down Anatomy. The DI from Anat isn't really all that much.

R

RichDC

Im not big on archery but it seems to me you could drop healing down to GM and chiv to 60 that should free up points for your bush?
I wouldnt turn down anat simply because high anat also increases the strength of your heals...maybe drop focus and get necro for vampire form??

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I swear by my doom arty miner template:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

C

Connor_Graham

I swear by my doom arty miner template:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)
I'd be willing to bet that my template would get high damager on any boss in Doom over this template. Damage output is pretty much a key ingredient in Doom.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So you're always quick to point out, Connor. :p

I dunno, since I've never played your template. All I know is, I get a drop every 3rd time around the gauntlet. I've never heard of anyone doing much better than that.

I'm sure your archer kicks butt, man. Just wanted to give another possible template. :-D

C

Connor_Graham

So you're always quick to point out, Connor. :p
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that a SW template is bad, or even trying to be arrogant about mine. There are just different situations where one does perform better than the other. For Doom & Peerless, the damage output of my ABC archer is hard to top. For champ spawns, the SW archer is the better template hands down, and really is the better template any time you need crowd control. Drop a few Nature's Furies to tank for you, and you can blast away without having to move. This allows you to work your way around the champ altar easily. I've done the SW quest on my archer, and swap out Resist for SW for just this purpose. For 1 on 1 encounters though, the higher damage output is more important since there's no crowd that needs to be controlled.

I dunno, since I've never played your template.
If you've got the soulstones you could use, you should give it a try. It's a damn nice thing to be able to swap out multiple skills on a character so you can maximize it's effectiveness depending on what you plan on doing with it. I don't regret a single copper pence of the 200 mil I've spent on full soulstones. They've been more than worth it, and I plan on getting more so I can have even more freedom with all of my characters.