• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer/Tamer

B

Bloodeye

hi folks,

i am now experimenting for around 3 months with an archer/tamer, but im still not satisfied.

I got
120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Vet
115 Lore
100 Taming
100 Medi
80 Chival

So, i used to have 100 Magery, still got it soulstoned. But i thought my dmg was too low without Chivalry.
The problem with chival is: No Invis BIG manko, If i vet my pet and shoot the target, often it attacks me and i go down, because no invis.

Im Running chival with a perfect suit. 70% Di, 45Hci, Crimson etc.

but i got no luck then.

So i thought switching back to magery and get a luck suit.

I really dont know what to do.

What do the other Archer Tamer do.

Which Suits, which skill combination etc.

I would be very glad for constructive posts.

Best Regards!

E

envinyatar

I'm thinking about making my peace tamer into an archer tamer and I figure that the way to get around having magery is to use a balanced bow and carry invis pots. If you're going to be using this archer/tamer at doom and peerless, luck isn't really that big of a deal. I would stick with the suit you have.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that im a pro in this situation but i absolutely love my archer/tamer (first tamer)

120 Archery
115 Bushido
115 Taming
115 Lore
110 Vet
110 Tact
90 Chiv

775 skill points with some left over :)

I am using:
Hunters Headress - +20 archery
Animal Tali - +5 taming, +5 lore
Braclet - 13 taming, 10 lore, 11 fire resist 22 DI 3 FCR (my fav)
Ring - 14 taming, 11 vet 1/2 8 cold resist

So i get +78 skill points so tryin to figure out where to put or i guess how to pay for 120 scrolls :)

B

Bloodeye

Yo Bardie,

how do u keep ure mana up? Witch all Bushido and Chival stuff?
I heared that they nerfed mana leech up on ranged so big, that it wouldnt be enough!

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya that can get complicated but i have max LMC and mana regen on all my armor pieces...plus im really only casting EoO, Concencrate, Lightning strike as my pets are doin most the damage and taking the damage

B

Bloodeye

120 Archery
110 Bushido
110 Taming
115 Lore
110 Vet
110 Tact
70 Chiv

Is my goal, i have now a nice suit, with very much +Skills, i have 98 points left to spend. And i cant decide what to do.

Meditation due lack of mana?
Magery?
Anatomy?
or even something else?

Anyone have suggestions?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enolugh to get into wraith form for creaturs you can leech off of.

Or possibly get some Spell Weaving, not much use unitl WOD but thats a nice finisher and the abiity for pets and self to insta res is also nice in a crunch

C

Crow

To the OP

Depends on what you wanna do I guess.

Me? I like it all. I wanna be able to go everywhere and be effective.

I'm not in game now so I don't remember all my skill levels, but for me magery is a must. Eval isn't...let your pets throw the offensive spells. Med is good to have if you are chaining heals.

Most monsters worth fighting with your eyes open can damage close range. So in order to keep your pets and friends alive you must be able to heal and cure at a distance.

For me archery is really only useful in pvp. Even before the requirement to have tactics in order to do special moves, I had chiv, but even then using a bow was just something I did when I was bored and my pets and everyone else was in good health.

When doing peerless, champ bosses or any other high end stuff I usually equip Tomb of Lost Knowledge for the magery other bonuses.

For pvm stuff, special moves like paralize, mortal, and whatever it's called from the elven magic short bow, can be very helpful at times.

But it does all come down to play style and personal preferance. I can't stand not having magery, no matter what type of character.