• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arch-swords

• Thread starter WTF_happed_to_uo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

WTF_happed_to_uo

Hiya,

I have seen a few of the dominant dexxer arseholes on my shard carrying a fork or axe to disarm and then switch to heavy and chase down with moving shot FTW

What would you speculate their template may be?

120 arch
120 swords
90anat
90 tac
80 heal
80 chiv
last skill???????
parry
resist
bushido

K

Kakitasteel

does use best weapon skill work if u have leg arch and equip a UBW warfork?
this if it works would seem the way to go without sacrificing in your temp.

L

Lilac Crypt

Nope. Use Best Weapon Skill does NOT work for archers.

In order for someone to pull off a weapon switch that involves both bows and blades, they have to have two weapon skills.

That much is a certainty.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Nope. Use Best Weapon Skill does NOT work for archers.

In order for someone to pull off a weapon switch that involves both bows and blades, they have to have two weapon skills.

That much is a certainty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely 100% correct. If they're using both types of weapons, then they've got one MASSIVE hole in their template that you'll need to find as they're taking a large amount of skill points to be able to perform that special move.

I

imported_GFY

I beg to differ.

UBWS does not work on BOWS. It does work for ARCHERS using other weapons. I've used my archer in that way before to use the Fey slayer secptor. (The name eludes me) You will need weapon skill however in order to use the weapon specials.

What this person probably has is 70 skill in the weapon he's disarming with. (as long as disarm is the primary weapon skill)

Not a very hard template to make up IMHO.

C

Connor_Graham

Well now, that's a new one on me. Never tried to put a sword in my Archer's hand.

It just seems, I dunno, scriligious or something.

I

imported_GFY

Well... I only did it once. It really didn't do anything for me. I couldn't use specials (they suxx on that weapon if I remember right) an my Archer really wasn't set up to go toe toe to with Dreadhorn!

It wasn't too bad hitting for 100 points per shot though.

Hey UO why don't you make a Fey Slayer Bow for us archers!

E

Emo

is there really a big secret to making a template like that?

120 archery
120 fencing
120 resist
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
60 chiv

trade resist for ninja if you prefer the animal form way to escape. OR trade fencing for wrestling and get a nice hci/dci suit(still have defence when you are disarmed and gives more room for bow slots in uoa), use disarm special abilty with wrestling and switch to your favorite bow. ^^

B

Balian

Hi,

do you know if wrestle and parry will work while armed with a bow?