• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Ararat Ship - Exploring the Deep quest

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a friend and I were going to kill the Ararat boss, and we did the quest, no problems, farm to keys to open up the encounter...

Once we entered level 2 of the ship (where you use the keys to open the boss room) we were experiencing extreme amounts of lag and client crashes. We finally open up the boss room, as we try to enter it, we client crash with & without using UO-Assist, also it takes a few attempts to log in successfully after crashing in the dungeon.

Shard = Lake Superior.
Date = 5/31/2014
Time = 4:29 am EST

We crashed about 10 or so times before we gave up trying to enter the encounter.
the lag gets really rough around the sides of the ararat on the bottom level (outside), and on the 2nd floor where the hydras spawn.

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can also confirm this bug happened to a large group of us on Atlantic

Shard = Atlantic
Date = 5/23/2014
Time = 10:00 pm EST approx

Upon further analysis, we suspect that the lag and client crashing occurred with the classic client. When a few of us tested with the enhanced client, although it was still a little bit laggy, we were able to enter the hold to the Shadowlord encounter. Once inside, we were able to switch to the classic client with minimal lag.

It seems as though using the classic client on the ship deck with the hydras and the entrance to the battle would cause a frustrating amount of crashing and lag.

It was so severe you were often unable to log back in, res and grab your corpse (client would just repeatedly crash upon log in). Another frustrating thing is you would get relocated to the nearest town, requiring you to go all the way back when somebody could have ressed you. If there is no practical reason to relocate ghosts in Ararat to the nearest town, I suggest removing that as it is more frustrating than beneficial.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Same thing on Legends. I could move properly on the EC, but my friend who was using the CC suffered enormous amount of lag and would lose con whenever she tried to enter the boss area.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
We crashed about 10 or so times before we gave up trying to enter the encounter.
I can also confirm this bug happened to a large group of us on Atlantic.
Same thing on Legends. I could move properly on the EC, but my friend who was using the CC suffered enormous amount of lag and would lose con whenever she tried to enter the boss area.
These issues should have been resolved during today's maintenance. Please let us know if you continue to have this issue.

Thanks.