• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event [Apr 20, 2017] The Feluccan Way: Mage Tournament! (Europa)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Sarah has outlined the rules as -

Rules:

No potions [does this mean APON entry or only during the match, needs to be confirmed please]

No summons

No fields

No pets

No specials

No Spell focusing sash [would it be worth removing the option for Scribe and handing out soccerer suits to each competitor? Plain soccerer suits with imbued jewelry, no sash and no other items to be worn or scribe would remove almost every possible piece of RNG [apart from the annoying occasional poison resistance from JOA??]

No refinements

Skills allowed : anatomy or wrestling, eval, resisting , magery, meditation, inscribe. Bring your spell channeling lantern[is this going to be in the rules? Twilight lanterns for all so no disruption?] ! The winner will be remembered with a plaque at the Occlo’s Arena.

Would anyone like to confirm their entry?

So far from what we can tell [this is not a confirmed list, its just what we can tell from talking to people on forums or in game] -

Epyc
Pwny II
Blazing
Aeyko
Gwin
Moose
Aj
Swift
Escaflowne

Will we see any PRO or W guild members make an appearance?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's interesting no PRO have entered. I guess that might be because it's going to be 1v1 and not 2v1 or 3v1 which after the last couple of nights seems to be how they roll.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's interesting no PRO have entered. I guess that might be because it's going to be 1v1 and not 2v1 or 3v1 which after the last couple of nights seems to be how they roll.
I think its because the competition is of a low standard for this time .

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see nothing wrong with spell focus sashes since everyone is going to be using 150 hp eaters 18 hpr and casting focus suits.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The story of the day! :eyes:

After a gank fail from @PwnySlaystation while training with AJ at yew gate for the tournament:
6.png
:lame:

And after dodging my duel request a couple times, a wild sean apears, and the duel started!
7.png

... but guess what little seanty used a nova pot in the middle of the duel, and continued fighting as if nothing happened,
8.png
... but ofc the great gandalf managed to get out from the situation with his tricky ways ;)

So i said to myself lets get this newb to arena see what he got and make sure he doesnt use pots this time.
and here come the results, poor little Pwny spent 10mins healing and curing and crying about a petal i ate during the fight to get a draw:
9.png
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Dramatic results for the guy who pretends to kill me in arena 1v1 :sad3:

See you at the tournament! :banana:

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No alchemy accidental nova at over 60% hp. It did like 12 damage if that. You then paniced and nearly died.

Then you eat a petal before going in arena only to turtle for ten mins. The only time you got me low was when i typed in chat to say you had petals on. Even then you couldn't kill me. Notice you haven't posted the time i got you 20% despite petals??? Lol. You turtle on the easy mode client. Your offense is terrible and you'd have died in less than a min with no petals. So bad. Thanks for the entertainment. Post a video of you actually winning vs me 1v1 ever?

Refer yourself to my gif you useless spak.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refer yourself to my gif you useless spak.
You gif was the only time u killed me in UO History was on laptop with 0 macros (as a proof 0 spells casted from my part on a mage), please keep it cause it makes me laugh actually, and proves how badly u struggle finding a proper video killing me 1v1 in the past 5 years :D

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have question, some players have full 30% eater suits, it's allowed?
what about refined armour?

What about bracers of alchemical devastation?

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have question, some players have full 30% eater suits, it's allowed?
what about refined armour?

What about bracers of alchemical devastation?
All eaters suits are allowed
Refined armor not allowed
Bracers wont work because you will be holding a lantern (so u cant wrestle).

Confirmed by Sarah

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gif was the only time u killed me in UO History was on laptop with 0 macros (as a proof 0 spells casted from my part on a mage), please keep it cause it makes me laugh actually, and proves how badly u struggle finding a proper video killing me 1v1 in the past 5 years :D

You use a dismount - All Stop - All Follow Me - Remount macro.

A mini heal macro.

Your lies are terrible. Like your spellplay. Bad EC monkey. AJ players better on the Easymode client.

Luckily for you, i've only been recording for a year and even then I haven't recorded every single fight. As for 1v1s. You dont do them, you run perma or turtle. You're trash and dont have a single video of me dying to you 1v1 and never will.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol i had to click on the actual macros with my mouse click because the hotkey was assigned to my razer mouse while i was on laptop, maybe its so hard for smart people like you to understand how EC functions :D

I hope you can seriously believe that the great gandalf on foot for 10secs didnt cast a single defensive spell while disarmed and on foot like mini heal or teleport proves to me that i was always right about ur IQ

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol i had to click on the actual macros with my mouse click because the hotkey was assigned to my razer mouse while i was on laptop, maybe its so hard for smart people like you to understand how EC functions :D

I hope you can seriously believe that the great gandalf on foot for 10secs didnt cast a single defensive spell while disarmed and on foot like mini heal or teleport proves to me that i was always right about ur IQ
The great gandalf AKA panic monkey who stam blocked himself with his horse? You didn't cast coz you tried to make it to the gate in time. The ******** smells so bad.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The great gandalf AKA panic monkey who stam blocked himself with his horse? You didn't cast coz you tried to make it to the gate in time. The ******** smells so bad.
Another good reason that i had no refresh macro, thank you for proving my point :)

Last edited:

EM Kimmie

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Current Registration and Brackets for the Tournament is posted on the original announcement for event. (As of Tuesday, April 18, 2017)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who made this tourny rota?

In the first "thread" to the final, AJ - Epyc - Sean - Aekyo - Chris the Wizard - Chaz - Aekyo? Thats like, most of the good 1v1 players from both EU and Atlantic all in the same duel route.

Whos being nice to gandalf giving him - Onoquoy[plays with eyes shut], Mervyn[who sucks despite what he makes out] Swift[played a mage twice in his UO history], Escaflowne[RPer?] Django?? [Who?]

Like seriously? balance it out.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, despite multiple calls for a re-work of the duel order, e-mails from multiple people, still no change? Could this be a fix any more if it tried? How were the people who got a free advance picked? I just find this all too convenient.

Epyco

Sage
Stratics Veteran
update the brackets please. I know at least 2 people who joined + if you try to get gandalf to the finals, dont make it so obvious.

Tbh just mix the brackets new.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I died to Aj, whom i've beaten in countless duels[maybe over 100 wins to his maybe 10 wins?], he's beaten me before too. He's fast, especially in that arena. GG to Aj. We went to town on eachother without a load of turtling, which is how we both like to duel, when it can go down to the wire like that, anyone can win.

Least of all the Elf vs Human CC vs EC advantage/disadvantage.

You've still never beaten me and never will, even in your easy mode client. :lol:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why you're pointless to talk to, its just bad trolling. I could have beat Rene and I could have beaten Blazing. Its how the dice rolled with the brackets, Aj is EC and casts way faster than I do, dice rolled on that last 20% hp and he got the win[if he was human, I could have won before we'd even got that far, my lightnings were doing 16-17 damage to him, his doing 21-22 to me]. The fact that you can't see how its possible Aj could beat me, but me still be better than him shows how much of a moron you are. Its called odds. Out of 100 fights, i'd win more than Aj, if i had turtled, it would have gone sudden death.

If Rene and Epycs duel had gone longer, or they had moved Epyc and Rene to diff opponents to see if it could progress, Epyc could have won the whole thing.

You faked a conloss, then whinged your way into another round. You can pretend you're better than me all you like. You're not, never have been, never will be and anyone with half a brain wouldn't agree with you.

Again, until you've got a video of me dying to you 1v1[field or duel], keep on talking smack. You're my pancake, always have been and you know it. :lol: some plaque on a wall doesn't mean **** if you didn't beat me to get it as far as im concerned with regards to YOU and I.

As for me claiming to be "the best pvper on Europa", im one of the best, by a country mile, no one else on this shard can pick up as many templates as I play and play them to the same level. Aj practices dueling on the same mage day in day out. You only play 2 characters yourself, very mediocrely in the field and in 1v1 you're just EC fast and thats the only reason you're not permanently killed by every player you come across. I'll always be a top tier player. You'll always be a bad team mate and fast. Thats it.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why you're pointless to talk to, its just bad trolling. I could have beat Rene and I could have beaten Blazing. Its how the dice rolled with the brackets, Aj is EC and casts way faster than I do, dice rolled on that last 20% hp and he got the win[if he was human, I could have won before we'd even got that far, my lightnings were doing 16-17 damage to him, his doing 21-22 to me]. The fact that you can't see how its possible Aj could beat me, but me still be better than him shows how much of a moron you are. Its called odds. Out of 100 fights, i'd win more than Aj, if i had turtled, it would have gone sudden death.

If Rene and Epycs duel had gone longer, or they had moved Epyc and Rene to diff opponents to see if it could progress, Epyc could have won the whole thing.

You faked a conloss, then whinged your way into another round. You can pretend you're better than me all you like. You're not, never have been, never will be and anyone with half a brain wouldn't agree with you.

Again, until you've got a video of me dying to you 1v1[field or duel], keep on talking smack. You're my *****, always have been and you know it. :lol: some plaque on a wall doesn't mean **** if you didn't beat me to get it as far as im concerned with regards to YOU and I.

As for me claiming to be "the best pvper on Europa", im one of the best, by a country mile, no one else on this shard can pick up as many templates as I play and play them to the same level. Aj practices dueling on the same mage day in day out. You only play 2 characters yourself, very mediocrely in the field and in 1v1 you're just EC fast and thats the only reason you're not permanently killed by every player you come across. I'll always be a top tier player. You'll always be a bad team mate and fast. Thats it.
1- Stop living jn the "if" situation & cry me a river you got rekt
2- Proof to my con loss at 100% life

3- i play 5 PVPers on europa (marxman,phoenix, hyperion, jinx, ancient voyant) got 5 inactive pvpers on atl, and 6 pvpers on drachs
4- Every duel we had u just go defensive cause ur scared to die lol, double check pictures posted in this thread lol

Now, u got an unanswered question on ICQ, Who my b***h?! Say it!

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're my pancake. No video of me dying 1v1. No video of me dying to anything other than a gank in the field.

So you pulled your network cable out to avoid fighting Blazing? Good job.

Don't worry, il post some pics of my own later, mainly of you facedown in the arena.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8:30pm start time on a school night was way too late.

There were a lot of problems the EM Caused. I was shocked to hear this event moved to trammel at the last moment with no prior warning.

When the duel was announced, we were all wondering amongst ourselves about what would happen in the event of a draw as you have to be quite bad to die to someone only using pure magery. A little more thought could've gone into this as the sudden death was no test of skill at all.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, Mona the Vampire and Kuba were only pretend fighting to stay in the tourny, when they got each other low, they stopped attacking and casted heal. I can't believe they weren't both disqualified.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, Mona the Vampire and Kuba were only pretend fighting to stay in the tourny, when they got each other low, they stopped attacking and casted heal. I can't believe they weren't both disqualified.
Thats called, out of mana.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It even says here:
The Feluccan Way: Mage Tournament!
Posted By EM Kimmie

Europa
Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:30 PM
(ends Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:30 PM)

on the title, thatnks to mona the vampire and kuba timewasting, what time did it even finish? on a school night.