• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone using a "pocket" bard as support?

Fenbay

Adventurer
I main a sampire, and have built a 4x120 bard with the idea of my son playing him some, but often times it is just me playing.

I'd like to bring him along for support when doing spawns etc. I plan to run healing masteries and of course discord bosses, but what else is worth running with minimal key clicking/paying attention?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have maxed justice on mine and run the peace masteries to add DCI, regens and damage reduction to my sampire when it comes to fight the boss.
Also discord.

With peace songs, he won't get credit on the kill so you will get the max 12 scrolls with justice.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I tried one. Sadly I found out that I need 120 pure bard skills to get the full effect of the masteries. I have 120 with gear.

I made

120 taming
120 lore
120 musicianship
120 disco
120 provo
120 peace
100 hiding

Now I have to find another template that require less attention when playing as support. I've go taming because you can unleash dog and play music behind.

Might go

120 necro
120 spirit speak
120 musicianship
120 disco
120 provo
120 peace

or

80ish magery
120 med
120 musicianship
120 disco
120 provo
120 peace
100 hiding

Anyone have some toughts?

Fenbay

Adventurer
I'm still tinkering around with mine as well, but for now I am going 110 AL/Taming and swapping bard skills in and out as necessary. I'm finding veterinary is a must have while training at least, but might be able to drop that at some point. The character is 120 real in all bard skills.

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
Is this kind of bard support counted as multi-boxing?
It all depends, if you are going to have your kid run the toon (actual person at the keys and only 1 instance running) no. However if you have multiple instances running and only 1 person using them both (or more) then yes it is multiboxing.
Supposedly it is banable but much like 3rd party software to run scripts, only the worst offenders get nailed. technically when I use a smith on one acct, and an imbuer on another in my house i could be banned. (I have done much worse and been slapped on the wrist more than once...) It's a fine line, and generally speaking if you aren't an idiot and aren't reported you are left to your own devices.

Do not build a script that uses 8 accts that synchronize an attack from stealth on a single target player. (as fun as it is you end up perma banned on trial accts and spending a week in jail on your paid accts... (not that I'd ever do such an egregious act)

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont think running multiple clients is bannable , as long as you arnt doing any loops maccro or anything while not in front of the screen , that can be banned. Multiboxing is when a loop or 'a ''multi-action'' script is involved, the simple fact of running several UO client isnt bannable , if you can answers the gms mean you arent unnatended.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I main a sampire, and have built a 4x120 bard with the idea of my son playing him some, but often times it is just me playing.

I'd like to bring him along for support when doing spawns etc. I plan to run healing masteries and of course discord bosses, but what else is worth running with minimal key clicking/paying attention?
The masteries do help and are pretty "hands off" which is helpful. Overall though I think that running dual clients is definitely tough because obviously switching between screens means that one character is potentially a sitting duck; like if you get raided in a spawn by more than one person you can pretty much bet one of your guys is going to die.

This is a bit off topic but just my 2 cents here... I think it's pretty dumb that it's still a bannable offense to macro unattended (on paid accounts) at a time where UO is now giving away access (Endless Journey) for FREE! To be clear I'm not talking about running a script that gathers resources or something disruptive; I'm talking about the old school "stick a stack of pennies on F1" to continually play my last object macro to gain musicianship. I don't need to gain many skills these days so I don't need to macro but I think that people looking to spend money on the game should be allowed to build up a char so they keep interest; just my opinion.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It all depends, if you are going to have your kid run the toon (actual person at the keys and only 1 instance running) no. However if you have multiple instances running and only 1 person using them both (or more) then yes it is multiboxing.
Supposedly it is banable but much like 3rd party software to run scripts, only the worst offenders get nailed. technically when I use a smith on one acct, and an imbuer on another in my house i could be banned. (I have done much worse and been slapped on the wrist more than once...) It's a fine line, and generally speaking if you aren't an idiot and aren't reported you are left to your own devices.

Do not build a script that uses 8 accts that synchronize an attack from stealth on a single target player. (as fun as it is you end up perma banned on trial accts and spending a week in jail on your paid accts... (not that I'd ever do such an egregious act)
I'm still amazed that people don't understand the difference yet. Yes you can have two or more accounts logged in at the same time and yes the same person can play them all. As long as you are not using scripts/third party programs to control the accounts it's perfectly legal to do. I run a couple of pocket bards. In fact I have at times had 4 accounts logged in at once playing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run a couple of pocket bards. In fact I have at times had 4 accounts logged in at once playing.
Yep. That would be me killing Corgul, Dreadhorn and a few other peerless.
Can be done with a single account, goes much faster with 4 accounts. 2 bars, a tamer and a dexxer to tank.
4 different clients open that I have to tab to in order to control the character, so no multiboxing involved.

Multiboxing is controlling 4 clients with a single mouse/keyboard click.