• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone laid eyes on those landlubbers, Virtue Village?

Rothgarr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yarr harrr...

(out of character)
Hi everyone. I had a character who was a member for a short time in the United Pirates. For a longer time, though, I had a character in a neighboring guild, ViV (Virtue Village).

I believe a number of people had characters in both guilds. I was able to find the webpage for United Pirates as well as this forum. But I was curious if anyone kept tabs with anyone from ViV or if anyone knew of where there might be info or an old web page of theirs hiding. No amount of Googling is helping.

Thanks. Glad the UP still has some activity!

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yarr harrr...

(out of character)
Hi everyone. I had a character who was a member for a short time in the United Pirates. For a longer time, though, I had a character in a neighboring guild, ViV (Virtue Village).

I believe a number of people had characters in both guilds. I was able to find the webpage for United Pirates as well as this forum. But I was curious if anyone kept tabs with anyone from ViV or if anyone knew of where there might be info or an old web page of theirs hiding. No amount of Googling is helping.

Thanks. Glad the UP still has some activity!
Glad to meet yas sir. Aye, the United Pirates, UP are alive and pillaging the seas, ans for the Landlubbers ViV? Truly, they be lost in the history of Britania.
Should yas find yer way to Red Skull Bay? Drop into the Jolly Roger Inn and Tavern for a mug 'o ale, har har.
Yer's sign'd in me own blood ~ Blind Tom the Pirate, UP

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did find one house to the North of the Jolly Roger, deep in the forest there be a clearing. I come upon a house that was very old indeed. The house sign was covered in ivy and moss, so it looked to read ViV; but upon further examination, it reads VvV. That were piculior like, because it looked to be much older than this upstart, Vice verses Virtue system just begun, of this I be certain, this house has stood ther in the jungle clearing much longer. In fact, upon me own investigation, I found armor from a house that had fallen from many years back that was "pre-patch" made, labeled VvV. So, it were an old guild indeed, but not ViV landlubber. Sorry I be no to find traces of yet mate's.
*Smiles a big toothy grin* albeit, he be missin' several teeth from fightin' and too much ale drinking.
Bind Tom the Pirate, UP

Last edited:

Rothgarr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Curses! Thank ye, mate. I'll be buying the grog fer ya when me ship finds it's way back to the Bay.

KugelBlitz

Visitor
The Tavern Of The Eight Virtues, Virtue Village and the United Pirates (1998/1999)

Mostly forgotten these days, but in the very early days of Catskills, when the worlds were still young, there was a tavern in the woods near Vesper called ‘The Tavern of The Eight Virtues,’ run by the ‘Lords of The Eight Virtues.’ It was a guild created around the principles of the Virtues, with one Lord, one knight, and one squire for each virtue. The guild was founded by Lord Rho, Lord of Humility. After his early departure to other worlds, Lord KugelBlitz, Lord of Honor, became the leader of these fine Lords. He had one noteworthy squire named McBykar, who later became a famous pirate called Hawkeye Pike, founder of the United Pirates.

The Tavern opened its doors in May 1998 and was heavily frequented back in those days. Unfortunately, not so honorable folks also frequented the tavern, finding it amusing to steal furniture and harass the guests. Two months of almost daily furniture rebuilding followed, but finally, a mystical man in a green robe showed up and expressed interest in the place. A few visits later, Seer Illuceous brought a skilled carpenter named IronWill (~August '98) to decorate the tavern.

Lords and guests started settling around the Tavern soon after. Sonata the Bard, Lizarda, Sam & Kat, Lofwyr, Lydia, Rochelle, Kyle Duskwalker, Szordrin, and many others whose names I have forgotten. A small village grew naturally around the Tavern, and on October 14th, 1998, the Village stone for Virtue Village was placed by Lady Laurana. It was a good time. People married, celebrated in the tavern, and new houses and towers were built.

South of the woods surrounding the village, there was a bay. Around the time the tavern was blessed, a boat landed, and a group of pirates appeared. After a while, the Jolly Roger Inn was built by Hook and Hawkeye Pike. The bay was named the ‘Red Skull Bay,’ becoming the first headquarters of the mighty United Pirates. The Pirates engaged in many battles against the landlubbers of Virtue Village. Hostages were taken, plunderings, fights … tales of love and war were sung by bards all over Britannia in now long-forgotten songs.

There were two events that led to the decline of that area. First, the European servers came into play. In the early days, the population was mostly European, so when the new servers Drachenfels and Europa were created, there was a significant loss of citizens. Second, Felucca and Trammel - after the worlds split, most inhabitants slowly moved to Trammel. One house after the other decayed, and one day even the Tavern was gone.

When one explores the region today, there are no remnants of the adventures and heroic deeds that once occurred. The battles fought, the conflicts, the blood of pirates and villagers have long been washed away, and the few remaining relics, like bones and corroded weapons, lie buried deep underground. The graves of those pirates and villagers have long vanished. It is possible that someday, archaeologists in a distant future might discover hints of the area's earliest inhabitants.

I am sitting here by a campfire, close to the clearing where the tavern once stood. It's hard to read what I write, and I'm trying my best to remember the happenings from back then when the world was young.
  • Paron, servant of the noble KugelBlitz, Lord of Honor
P.S.: For a while now I own a house which is located a short walk along the coast from modern Jolly Roger Inn to the east. The House Sign reads 'Pirates Curse - ViV'

upmap.jpg ViVmap.jpg

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Landlubbers and Old Salts,
I have seen and visited this house called, "Pirates Curse" yas speak of on the coastline not far from Red Skull Bay and The Jolly Roger Inn, arrr, that be me home friend. I be Iron Davey Flint of the 0rigional United Pirates [UP] that make their home port there. That house yas speak of is one of a kind and finely buit if'n I say so, and I do! Sorry that the Virtue Guild be gone from these here shores. I did find sone pieces of old armor with the markings of this her guild of Virtures. Must have be unearthed as it were from the storms on the beach by these fine docks built for The United Pirates, by a Bonnie Las they were. The pirates are an active guild once again with weekly High Seas Adventure every Monday at 8PM EST, we meet to plunder the high seas from Red Skull Bay docks. I am sure glad to hear yer story mate, and the background on our founding pirate, Hawkeue Pike and his partner in plunderin' Hook! Thank you, yers truly, Iron Davey Flint,[UP] ~ Captain of da Crew, and me partner in piratin', Blind Tom the Pirate, [UP]. 1698949134349.png