• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anyone know the drop rates on the pirate hats yet

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now that it's supposedly up on the test center?

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pirate hat you can buy at house vendor

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I put in the few hours of effort to make a character able to do beacons. (Setting skills, buying the boat, setting up the cannons, etc.) Is that character potentially going to be wiped later?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
use a mage tamer or archer

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are still researching the drop rates. Takes time since only the time-intensive things like SOS and T-Maps are giving hats so far. The data I've seen is around 10 per hour, which isn't so bad if the costs don't increase too much.

But like every other event, once its released people will really hone their strategies.

Edit: The UO-CAH discord is where you'll find people doing active research and posting their results. They're fantastic people.

Just spent some more time in the Void Pool and the results are wildly inconsistent. First 20m, ~25 waves I got 8 hats. Did another 20 waves and got none.

Last edited:

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i was getting 1 hat per wave around 30-35 waves then 2 per wave after 35 and wave are like 10 minutes i joined the spawn around wave 28

mihali

Sage
If I put in the few hours of effort to make a character able to do beacons. (Setting skills, buying the boat, setting up the cannons, etc.) Is that character potentially going to be wiped later?
Should not be, no reason for that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a casual player the Void Pool will be best. You can use a Tamer, Melee, Archer, Mage. Play as you can.

For someone that wants to play alone, they can do T Chests or MiBs. Each chest or MiB will only produce hats for 1 player. If you like to do those things you can do those at your leisure.

Average Player that does the dungeon or spawn events will probably do the Void Pool.

You can do Pirating and Beacon killing, which are also group events.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
MIBs rain from the sky when fishing so I'll prob do that if the total hats you need isn't too bad. Beacons aren't too bad solo either. And pirates are easy once you know how to fire all cannons, flip ship, and fire all cannons on the other side with a macro.

Not a bad solo event IMO just based on what you all are saying.

Plus on Chessy they do Scalis runs a lot. I think they do them on Atl pretty frequently too.

Sounds like a great event set up so far.

I've never done Void Pool so maybe I'll be able to double dip on the content and knock that out of my checklist at the same time?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have done 5 maps from lvl 1 on Trammel or felucca. And one sos before i join the void pool.
th gave 1 hat of 5 maps. The sos none. So the quote is not as good.
Some more maps are done
Update
10 maps. in one lvl3/T were 5 hats. even lvl 4 gave none. Now i have 6 hats from 10 maps.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well we will se how it goes...

from what i can see on the rewards there is one thing which is kinda a lttle dissapointing. this supposed to be a "pirate ish / sea" event. so Sea stuff. yet there is no single item on the list which can be utilized by let say a fisherman, no bait strengh no nice fishing pole. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've done the void pool 3 times (all in Fel) and have gotten zero hats. I'm doing it solo so I've only gotten to wave 25 on my best round (others were 21 and 18). Luck was 1700 when I got to level 25 and 21; I was wearing a luck suit with 2400 luck when I got to level 18.

I'm wondering if maybe the lower levels of pirates just aren't worth enough points?

Also getting the feeling that it's not like ToT points system where your points build because I've killed 350-400 pirates (guessing) and I've yet to get a single drop. I've gotten 2 dungeon drops (Katrinas crook and the order shield) within that same window. If points were building, I'd have to guess after 300+ pirates I'd get at least 1 hat? Idk.

From my testing so far, I'm probably going to ditch the void pool and switch over to do tmaps or beacons. I'd like to actually get the items so I can test the items in my suits but that's proving more of a chore on TC1 than I thought it would be

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've done the void pool 3 times (all in Fel) and have gotten zero hats. I'm doing it solo so I've only gotten to wave 25 on my best round (others were 21 and 18). Luck was 1700 when I got to level 25 and 21; I was wearing a luck suit with 2400 luck when I got to level 18.

I'm wondering if maybe the lower levels of pirates just aren't worth enough points?

Also getting the feeling that it's not like ToT points system where your points build because I've killed 350-400 pirates (guessing) and I've yet to get a single drop. I've gotten 2 dungeon drops (Katrinas crook and the order shield) within that same window. If points were building, I'd have to guess after 300+ pirates I'd get at least 1 hat? Idk.

From my testing so far, I'm probably going to ditch the void pool and switch over to do tmaps or beacons. I'd like to actually get the items so I can test the items in my suits but that's proving more of a chore on TC1 than I thought it would be
could be spawn on in fel but not drops

mihali

Sage
Can anyone confirm if luck makes any real difference both in the Seas part and the Void Pool part?
Also when using dredging hooks, did they change it so that luck makes no difference in dredging up monsters carrying mibs? Yesterday on EC, using 10 hooks 3k luck (with Fel boost), only 1 mib and 3 T-maps? As compared to other days when would have gotten 3-4 mibs or so.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm if luck makes any real difference both in the Seas part and the Void Pool part?
Also when using dredging hooks, did they change it so that luck makes no difference in dredging up monsters carrying mibs? Yesterday on EC, using 10 hooks 3k luck (with Fel boost), only 1 mib and 3 T-maps? As compared to other days when would have gotten 3-4 mibs or so.
They did not change anything for the event. You just had bad RNG.

Help kill 1 dread Pirate get 1 Hat. I doubt luck is going to increase that.

Would assume you would see it more in the Void Pool. Maybe a 2% greater chance to get a hat at the end of each round per 2000 luck.
Would probably help with orc crew and sea creatures. I'm dusting off my luck archer and tamer.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did 3 Beacons with 3 man crew and got 44 drops. Some were from spawn and crew, but majority from Beacon itself. Beacon drop random was 1-6 per damager. Did one merchant one Pirate. Nada in chests/cargo hold but with 3 attackers, got 2 Dread Pirate hats and 1 regular pirate hat drop. On merchant got a drop from one of the 6 crew. Merchant had 60 crab & lobster in sets of 10 each. Luck worn 700ish-950ish...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's why I made ship guides. The drop mechanics are in place and they favor group play.

The void pool will be fun for a while.
where is that magic guide of yours? till now i only was "passenger" when this beacon stuff went down. daddy needs more information :D (and a sandwich)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beacon Movie:

where is that magic guide of yours? till now i only was "passenger" when this beacon stuff went down. daddy needs more information :D (and a sandwich)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did 3 Beacons with 3 man crew and got 44 drops. Some were from spawn and crew, but majority from Beacon itself. Beacon drop random was 1-6 per damager. Did one merchant one Pirate. Nada in chests/cargo hold but with 3 attackers, got 2 Dread Pirate hats and 1 regular pirate hat drop. On merchant got a drop from one of the 6 crew. Merchant had 60 crab & lobster in sets of 10 each. Luck worn 700ish-950ish...
I'll have to give the high seas a try then because the Void pool has been rough for me so far (granted haven't gotten over level 25) but in that same time I could have easily done 3-4 beacons.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When I tested void pool I used a mage with just EVs and a few fields. I got 6 hats up to level 35 before it ended. There was maybe 5 or 6 of us doing it, 3 of which were a multiboxer using 3 archers.

at the current cost for items this seems reasonable.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the cost goes up because I assume the guy with 3 accounts was yielding more drops.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players on LS like doing the Void Pool for fun. I have not done it in a few years. We were using tamers at that time.

Players made a new record recently on LS.

Early waves are easy to kill. As you progress into the 25s 30s it gets challenging. At a point you are just standing still and killing as fast as you can. Pets get distracted by archers and get hung on rocks, but they can kill things until overwhelmed. Tamer can cast area spells.
Archers/Throwers work fine. Melee works fine, Mobs can be provoked. At higher levels the mobs have more HP, do more damage and eventually gain defense against melee so you hit them less.

Similar to Rifts in Diablo III.
Pirates keep coming at you faster and faster until you can not stop them.

With a group it is fast paced quickly. I am sure hats will be falling for everyone.

With 1 to 4 players its like doing one of the Dynamic Spawns that never ends. It will take forever to get to the waves that give more hat drops per time.

The Void Pool will be very busy on LS. All are invited to attend.

1712605010751.png

Cah has a good map of the Void Pool. You keep the Pirates out of the Altar. 1 gets in, it ends.

Players will be fighting along the paths and a couple always stay at the Altar on high waves.

Eventually, your group is overwhelmed. I think it is a really nice game mechanic.
1712606663909.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I opened 4 Ranger Hoard maps
two of them had hats in them

Ranger's Hoard Malas = 6 hats
Ranger's Hoard Trammel = 8 hats

575 luck

=================
I opened 10 cache maps the day before, no hats
(didn't keep track of the 1& 2 chests I did before that)

GM remove trap, I failed 2 or 3 times each chest

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players on LS like doing the Void Pool for fun. I have not done it in a few years. We were using tamers at that time.

Players made a new record recently on LS.

Early waves are easy to kill. As you progress into the 25s 30s it gets challenging. At a point you are just standing still and killing as fast as you can. Pets get distracted by archers and get hung on rocks, but they can kill things until overwhelmed. Tamer can cast area spells.
Archers/Throwers work fine. Melee works fine, Mobs can be provoked. At higher levels the mobs have more HP, do more damage and eventually gain defense against melee so you hit them less.

Similar to Rifts in Diablo III.
Pirates keep coming at you faster and faster until you can not stop them.

With a group it is fast paced quickly. I am sure hats will be falling for everyone.

With 1 to 4 players its like doing one of the Dynamic Spawns that never ends. It will take forever to get to the waves that give more hat drops per time.

The Void Pool will be very busy on LS. All are invited to attend.

View attachment 153308

Cah has a good map of the Void Pool. You keep the Pirates out of the Altar. 1 gets in, it ends.

Players will be fighting along the paths and a couple always stay at the Altar on high waves.

Eventually, your group is overwhelmed. I think it is a really nice game mechanic.
View attachment 153315
Do the hats drop into pack during Void waves or at the end? If the former, I guess Bag of Sending nice to have or anti-pilfer statue hit and an Undertaker's Staff.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My bard mage did fine with just provoking and evs but then the barding difficulty went too high and allen kept dying

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did several Scalis on TC1 with a party of 10 and luck average of 2700. Scalis dropped 3 hats each time. That is - three individuals in party each got one hat.

In addition, never got a hat from any of the Leviathan / regular spawn from the white nets that didn't summon Scalis.

Please tell me this is not right? One of the three top High Seas boss encounters has a drop rate equal to a regular plain SOS chest?

Also, I do not have an account on the official forum. If anyone wants to post it on those forums, please do!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SOS - 20% Chance for hats (1 in 5)
Rusty chest (lvl1) -1 Hat
Medium chest (lvl2) -2 Hats
Gold Chest (lvl3) -3 Hats
Ancient White SoS (lvl4) -4 Hats

Tmaps - 20 % Chance for Hats (1 in 5)
Stash (lvl1) -1 Hat
Supply (lvl2) -2 Hats
Cache (lvl3) -3 Hats
Hoard (lvl4) -4 Hats
Trove (lvl5) -5 Hats

Void Pool (% are just suppositions still yet)
Wave 1 to 10 (10% chance for hat each wave)
Wave 10 to 20 (20% chance)
Wave 20 to 30 (30%???)
Etc... To be confirmed

Beacons
12 Hats per party with up to 3 additional hats from the Orcs (Total 15)

Ships (Merchant and Pirates)
-Pirate ship: 1 hat/player guaranteed from killing the red dread Pirate, with up to 1 additional hat from the rest of the orc crew and 1 from cargo (possible total of 3?)
-Merchant Ship: To be confirmed but possibly same as pirate ship

Covetous level3
No hats reported yet ... bug ?

Scalis
3 Hats reported per Scalis, definatly need a bump to like 10-12 hats.

Charybdis
No kill reported yet (need to be on par with the rest so 12-15)

Corgul
1 hat reported from 1 kill ? If that's true, it needs a bump to at least 10 hats

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-I did not include luck or glorious potion effect in any of the activities.

-Beacons should be tweaked to 3 hat guaranteed/player with 1 additional hat drop from orcs, cap it at 12 per party.

-Bosses should be giving more hats to be on par with other activities , Charybdis>Scalis>Corgul should be around 15/12/10 hats per party.

-What's hapenning in covetous level3, why no hats are dropping off the pirates and it's not in the patch notes?

-Can we get a temporary 'Pirate Slayer' on weapons/spellbooks from something special like you did for Krampus from the christmas tree ? I'm sure there is some unused item in the game that could easily serve that purpose

-Luck and glorious potion should affect bosses loot as additional hats in the corpse if luck triggered, same for tmaps and sos, when triggered luck, increased chance at hats and 1 additional hat in the chest, For void pool Luck/potion should increase the chance at the hats received if that's not the case already.

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they should do something with buccaneer's den? kind of natural to find hats there ??

but what do i know :confused:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they should do something with buccaneer's den? kind of natural to find hats there ??

but what do i know :confused:
That would be pretty cool... have a handful of red pirates walking around Bucs that are good for 1 hat to steal and 1 hat drops in your pack (only 1 drops - randomly). The pirates are similar to a dread pirate. There will only be maybe 5-10 pirates sprinkled all throughout Bucs to hopefully eliminate scripters.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It seems we still hold the record on Siege. I guess now is your chance to beat it heh.

Void pool record 01.jpg

Void pool record 02.jpg

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there wasn't any pirates when they set that record

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SOS - 20% Chance for hats (1 in 5)
Rusty chest (lvl1) -1 Hat
Medium chest (lvl2) -2 Hats
Gold Chest (lvl3) -3 Hats
Ancient White SoS (lvl4) -4 Hats

Tmaps - 20 % Chance for Hats (1 in 5)
Stash (lvl1) -1 Hat
Supply (lvl2) -2 Hats
Cache (lvl3) -3 Hats
Hoard (lvl4) -4 Hats
Trove (lvl5) -5 Hats

Void Pool (% are just suppositions still yet)
Wave 1 to 10 (10% chance for hat each wave)
Wave 10 to 20 (20% chance)
Wave 20 to 30 (30%???)
Etc... To be confirmed

Beacons
12 Hats per party with up to 3 additional hats from the Orcs (Total 15)

Ships (Merchant and Pirates)
-Pirate ship: 1 hat/player guaranteed from killing the red dread Pirate, with up to 1 additional hat from the rest of the orc crew and 1 from cargo (possible total of 3?)
-Merchant Ship: To be confirmed but possibly same as pirate ship

Covetous level3
No hats reported yet ... bug ?

Scalis
3 Hats reported per Scalis, definatly need a bump to like 10-12 hats.

Charybdis
No kill reported yet (need to be on par with the rest so 12-15)

Corgul
1 hat reported from 1 kill ? If that's true, it needs a bump to at least 10 hats

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-I did not include luck or glorious potion effect in any of the activities.

-Beacons should be tweaked to 3 hat guaranteed/player with 1 additional hat drop from orcs, cap it at 12 per party.

-Bosses should be giving more hats to be on par with other activities , Charybdis>Scalis>Corgul should be around 15/12/10 hats per party.

-What's hapenning in covetous level3, why no hats are dropping off the pirates and it's not in the patch notes?

-Can we get a temporary 'Pirate Slayer' on weapons/spellbooks from something special like you did for Krampus from the christmas tree ? I'm sure there is some unused item in the game that could easily serve that purpose

-Luck and glorious potion should affect bosses loot as additional hats in the corpse if luck triggered, same for tmaps and sos, when triggered luck, increased chance at hats and 1 additional hat in the chest, For void pool Luck/potion should increase the chance at the hats received if that's not the case already.
They just modified the hat drops. So do it again. :)

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They just modified the hat drops. So do it again. :)
I'm glad I gave the feedback just in time for the release #3, now new SoS drops have been tested, all we need to test are maps and the new bosses drops.