• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Anyone know the % chance of Bonus for Fertile Dirt?

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DHMagicMan_1

I was thinking of planting some of the new seeds in some... I hate that it takes 40 Dirt to plant ONE PLANT so I may do like 10 of them... I have almost 400 dirt collected... I figure I'll just camp Ant Lions and get 10 seeds since I know exactly where to go and I'll have dirt for them.

I'm just curious if I should try to keep collecting dirt or not bother? From memory (years ago) when planting in Fertile you would usually get one "bonus" grown between stage 1 and 7... and two "bonuses" if you were lucky...

F

feath

i've never bothered with fertile dirt, myself. i am/was under the impression you get 1 day jump, as well. 40 dirt for one plant? not worth it.

B

Beastmaster

The bonus can occur at any time in the growth cycle. Today I had a plant give its last 2 seeds when yesterday it was up to 6. I can't say for sure if I've gotten bonuses twice on the same plant though. I hunted earth eles for fertile dirt when I wanted to grow a bonsai collection but it's too much effort for the small bonus. I am plating green thorns though and I keep what I get from that. I'll probably use some on the new plants.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yeah, but even with Green Thorns it's like 3 or 5 minutes wait in between and not really worth the hassle to collect. I'll do a batch since I have the dirt... but I really think it should be more like 5 dirts for a bowl to make it worth the effort involved to grow them.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know, i planted 20 of the new seeds on origin yesterday, and there still seeds today, its like they didnt start to grow at all..... a real bummer..and i used almost 800 fertile dirt on them..

D

DHMagicMan_1

Are they in your Backpack/Bank or Locked Down in a house?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but even with Green Thorns it's like 3 or 5 minutes wait in between and not really worth the hassle to collect.
I find it a hassle too - I ended up putting a stack of thorns in several char's backpacks, and have been planting them every so often while I've been doing other things - BODs, lumberjacking, whatever - then unloading the regs and dirt when I would swing by my house.

F

feath

i dont know, i planted 20 of the new seeds on origin yesterday, and there still seeds today, its like they didnt start to grow at all..... a real bummer..and i used almost 800 fertile dirt on them..
There's never growth on '1st' day. you will see a day skipped somewhere else in the cycle.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth eles always have dirt, i collected 1300 in a day. I always grow my plants in fertile dirt. :)

B

Beastmaster

Tip of the day:

If you're gathering fertile dirt, take empty bowls with you and fill them as you get the dirt. Drastically reduces your weight allowing you to stay out gathering for a much longer time.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tip of the day:

If you're gathering fertile dirt, take empty bowls with you and fill them as you get the dirt. Drastically reduces your weight allowing you to stay out gathering for a much longer time.
That's a fabulous tip!! I'm going to add it to the Tips & Tricks section of the FAQ.

Thanks!

E

Evilminion

Dang, that IS smart! And it makes me feel a bit like a dork for not having thought of it myself instead of hauling tons of fertile dirt the hard way, heh. :loser:

Big thanks for the suggestion!

E

Eslake

You can get more than 1 doublegrowth using fertile dirt.

I got a little to eager getting ready for the new plants throwing out old extras, and ended up with No orange petal plants.

I replanted 2 orange pampass grass on the same day, in fertile dirt. One hit 8 today, the other is at 5. (I had to stuff the 8 in a secure so it doesn't self-polinate tomorrow)

I still say the best/fastest way to get fertile dirt is pushing green thorns in a dirt road. :) You get more dirt from a single green thorn (average) than 10 earth elementals.
And there are places you can insta-log (houses/inns) with dirt just outside to use, so you can line up all of your characters to do it without waiting 5 minutes after each thorn.