• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Anyone here GM Imbuing by unraveling?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to GM Imbuing by unraveling only. So far, I'm at 78 and unravel by the bag load. Each bag of 40-60 items gives me .3-4 gains. Anyone here get 100 imbuing by unraveling only? I'm curious if it is do-able or if it is really hard (like taming).

My reasons for doing this is....1) I am super broke in this game. I can farm 60k per hour which is slow compared to what most people are getting. I also don't have the necessary slayer weapons to really progress. 2) I'm actually making gold this way because I hunt with my paladin (rather than spending gold on the materials) 3) I don't have a GM blacksmith or GM tailor so I can't craft exceptional items which is what the imbuing guides recommend.

My biggest concern is....if I make it to 90 skill, will I only gain from unraveling if I unravel high end items like lesser artifacts (or greater)? Getting bag loads of artifacts isn't quite as easy.

I heard about the Satyr's discord trick. I went to despise, got the wisp, and took control of him. When I gated to my house, he didn't follow. When I attacked him in the dungeon, he discorded me (I think....I saw music notes above my head), but when I check my skills in the skills menu....it is still at 78. Did this discord trick get fixed?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also became a legendary imbuer just from unraveling. Like KimDeago said, it is time consuming but possible. I found that items with names (ex. Fortified Spear of Restoration) gave a better chance of gains esp. after 100. I unraveled everything from my treasure hunter and fisher. When I would fight, I would just keep the 'better' items to carry back home.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I had no idea now you can Legendary from unravel. Back when I did it, i forget exact numbers but i'm pretty sure you couldn't gain after about 70 skill. I remember spending millions (not exaggerating) on gems to use for imbue gain, not to mention the thousands of residue from my daughters hauling me stuff to unravel and use the residue to make the stuff to gain.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
They key is that imbue is difficulty based. So when you're getting up there in skill, you need to unravel better and better items. Above 100, I'd suspect that the only things that you'll get gains from are looted "artifact" level items that will unravel into multiple relics. Unraveling some "lesser magic item" will almost certainly not give you a gain at 100. Unraveling a greater artifact probably will have a chance to give you something.

The reason that back in the day we topped out at 70 from unraveling is because the loot needed to unravel to get relics was so rare that it simply didn't make sense, time wise, to unravel to get to 100+. When you could only get 1 relic level unravel item per hour it's just easier to buy some gems and imbue something over and over again. When I have ~2k luck and I go out killing G-Dragons or Balrons, I'll get >1 relic level item per kill on average.

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was able to hit 120 from about 65 unraveling in the time it took for two alacrities to expire. I filled my house with loot from level 1 tmaps about 2k items and I got from 65-95 or so, and I quickly logged out to preserve the alacrity. Afterward I would just keep every item I found and place the bags in my house, when I would get a few I would log on and unravel items and I was able to hit 100 before the first alacrity expired. I started the second alacrity at 102 and I made sure all my loot was from mobs that were capable of dropping many higher level items. The better the items more gains I seemed to get. I picked the arctic ogrelords in fel, for the luck bonus, and the fact they are close to entrance since you cannot recall into dungeons in fel.

Honestly I wasn't selective when I looted items, only refusing to pick up 50 stone items. You do not need artifact level items to gain after 100, but they do need to have high intensity properties. I was getting about 10-20 relic fragmens per bag of 70-90 items from the ogre lords and I was a get a gain every 20-200 unravels. I really enjoyed this way of leveling up imbuing. I probably spent 4 nights total, maybe 20 hours in total play time farming all the items I needed to hit 120 with 2 alacrities.

Dabloon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am another that got 120 imbuing from unraveling only. Treasure hunter supplied more than enough items to unravel. If you arent in a rush GGS will get you there regardless of the unraveling difficulty.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unless they've changed the loot amount on other critters, if you're able to kill swoops, their item count is quite high. Easy way to fill up bags...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm at 110 or so, still gaining. The slowest part was around 90-95, but once you start unraveling relics, it picks up again.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I trained three 120 imbuers by unravelling only.
If you have an alacrity scroll, you can hit 100s pretty fast if you had eaten a 120 scroll (which is very easy to get with 500 enchanted essence and a scroll binder). Pile bags of stuff from level 1 to 3 maps (I usually only bagged only jewelry so the bag would weight less). Unravel all the bags, log out, log with another toon to consolidate the unravelled items in one bag, fill the other bags again with stuff.
Rinse and repeat.

For high end gains, I usually killed rotting corpses and balrons and looted items marked with greater magic item or higher tag that weren't 50 stones (after the loot update went global). Before the loot went global, I used to fill the bags with stuff from wind elementals or unbound energy vortexes from shame.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Another side effect of this is that you then will have many, many thousands of Essence and Residue, and probably several hundred Relics. You can then turn them in as quests in the hopes of getting runic mallets and chisels which you can use to make those sweet sweet gargoyle suits (211+ stam thrower suit, for instance)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And you will amass a rather nice of turn in points by trashing all those spare 115 (500 points per) and 120 (2500 points per) imbuing scrolls too!

Octavia

Visitor
I'm getting started with my imbuer bought the skill up to 40. However, I don't have a t-hunter or fisherman. So what are the best low level creatures to kill for loot that I can unravel at that skill level?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Go to the painted cave and kill troglodytes, loot everything. Unravel what you can, and stash what you can't (if you have room), and come back to it every few skill points you raise... Then when you get higher and higher, go for the stone elementals in Shame 1 near the door to level 2, then move up to Balrons when you need to unravel for relics. You average > 1 relic per balron.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm getting started with my imbuer bought the skill up to 40. However, I don't have a t-hunter or fisherman. So what are the best low level creatures to kill for loot that I can unravel at that skill level?
I used my dexer and hunted trogs, demons, and succubus with a slayer weapon. You could even try the demon mini-champ spawn in the Abyss and hope for tinker leg drop.

I typically only looted magic items that weighed less than 4 stones and any artifacts. When you get to 90+ you'll need to unravel artifacts to gain. From there, I scavenged loot from Narvey and Scali. People always had a few artifacts that they didn't want. Scalis in particular has soooo much, you load up an entire bag from just one kill.

If you play on Atlantic, you are welcome to unravel my bags of loot. You'll get to 120 in no time.