• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone have any info on this?

G

I found a huge dragon egg in ilsh today. You need a mage to get here from what i have seen. If you go to the gargoyle city and head directly north to the volcano there is a ledge you can teleport to. Once on the ledge you enter the little cave and inside is an ancient wyrm some fire elementals and lava lizards. Near the wyrm is this gigantic red egg.

K

Kurgan

First, don;t post PNG files, take way to long to load, try JPG or GIF..
As far as the Egg no idea on it..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted PNG because quality vs file size it is still the best this image is only 564kb that should load fast unless your on dial up...

<blockquote><hr>

it has been there for years.
this is the lair of the ancient dragon therefore they put in a nest with an egg for display purposes only.
it doesnt hatch or anything its just for show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I figured it was deco but I had to wonder what the area was all about. Thanks for the reply

G

Yeah I doubt to many actually had a chance to see this it was not easy to get my mage into the area. I may have been doing it the hard way though lol.

G

Easy to get too with a ninja. A while back I went in there with my Cu
and killed 100, yes 100, AWs to see what a 1270 luck suit could get me.
Granted I had a few fully charged BOS and a backpack full of bandages,
and it took the whole weekend. Other than the gold, only kept 2 items
that were only so-so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I posted PNG because quality vs file size it is still the best this image is only 564kb that should load fast unless your on dial up...

[/ QUOTE ]
A picture is worth a hundred thousand words?

I've never actually been down in that cave - back when I was first exploring Ilsh I came across that cave, spent forever figuring out how to get to it, then while sitting in the entrance I decided to check stratics' info to see what it was I was getting myself into. I still remember all the blood draining from my face at the realization that one step further and I might have been face to face with a paragon ancient wyrm (back when ordinary old dragons were still doing beating me more than half the time).

It certainly does scream "put dragon event here".

S

Sabbath

Nice screenshot - good looking character ya got there. I've had many a fun night in that cave. Three guildmates and I (2 tamers with Cu's, a 120 Mage/Archer and a 110 Melee) took down the Paragon A.W. one night - a true test of patience. The tamers just brought a bunch of teleport scrolls with them so they could (eventually) get over the volcano and into the cave.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

PNG &gt; JPG

=(

I hate JPGs for the simple fact it muddles the image up.

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact reason for using PNG over Gif and Jpeg the compression on PNG is decent yet it retains ALL of the quality. We live in a day and age where most people are on cable/DSL not 56k the image can be half a meg before you really notice much slow down in displaying it.

I am glad to hear other people have been to this cave though. It is pretty cool but why did they make it so hard to get into? seems to be a real pain to actually teleport to the ledge to get into it I had to try over and over to finally find the right place before I could successfully enter only to find very little reward once there lol.

S

Sabbath

<blockquote><hr>

...but why did they make it so hard to get into? seems to be a real pain to actually teleport to the ledge to get into it I had to try over and over to finally find the right place before I could successfully enter only to find very little reward once there lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh the best way to do it is to go all the way up and around the volcano to the very top and then teleport from one rock to the next all the way across the mouth of the volcano. Then you just step close to the edge above the cave opening and you will fall right down on the ledge and walk inside. Easier than it sounds...you just either have to have magery or use teleport scrolls.

Ok, now everyone go try it...you know you want to!

G

<blockquote><hr>

We live in a day and age where most people are on cable/DSL not 56k the image can be half a meg before you really notice much slow down in displaying it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your image takes about 10 seconds to load for me because the host is slow. It you had just created a 100KB JPG it would load up in 2 seconds.

W

Wood

Well I like putting ketchup on my pizza so poo poo to all you fuddy duddies that dont like png images! Yeesh, you all gripe about how long it takes a little image of a dragon egg to load on your screen?? Like that half a second was so damn precious to you and you want it back all because someone chose to take a screenshot and put it into png format? Damn, people! Get a hobby or something!

B

Babble

*coughs*
Maybe host it on your server then as Imageshack is often pretty slow.

If it is the cave inside the mountain then easy to get into but not worth the trouble...