• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone have a house on TC1 they don't need?

T

TirNaNog

House placement has been disabled on test for a while now.
Anyone know why?

I have been waiting to try something with house design and I need a medium sized custom house to do it. If anyone has one already placed they're not using and would be gracious enough to transfer it to me, I'd really appreciate it. Please PM me!

I

imported_Goron

If you go to the houseing forum (house decoration? its something like that) there is a tool that lets you build houses off-line. Try that? Apparently it works just like the in-game customization.

G

I have one, but I think transfer will be the same as placement, disabled.

I'm willing to try if you want.

G

The option to demolish a house on a regular shard isn't available either.

G

Place new house and demolish existing has been broken for nearly 2 months to my knowledge on Test Center.

UO House Builder is the program that allows you to build houses offline. Kurgan completely overhauled it, and it is now being hosted by The Lost Lands here.

It is a great tool, the only thing is that it has a ton of tiles, items, and other pieces of the game landscape that we do not get in the actual house customization menu. It is fun to be able to see what your house would look like if you DID have access to those items, but if you are testing actual house design just make sure you limit yourself to using the real custom housing menu elements.

-Skylark

T

TirNaNog

Thanks for the suggestion of house builder. Actually what I wished to test was more a design of add-ons and decoration than a test of general house design. I'd test it back on my own shard but it involved dyeing a large number of add-ons with Tokuno dyes, and I didn't want to waste the dye if my idea didn't work out. So, perhaps in this case since transfer if also disabled, just being co-owner to a house might be enough if it granted the ability to put down add-ons.