• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone going to Scarborough Faire this year?

C

Cha Ching

I know this is off topic but I know that Elektra Rose and Dark Angel both live within driving distance so I figured I would see who else lives close. For anyone who dosen't know Scarborough Faire is a renaissance festival held on weekends untill Memorial Day in Waxahachie Texas. Beer, cigars, and corsets!!! Plus they have some cool shows and neat shops!!! But the White Horse Tavern has to be my favorite!

So anyone planning on going or is it just my family again this year?

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Hi there my friend :)
Will do my best to make it this year...Will let you know which weekend I can make it....
Wow awesome to see you still *lurking* :)

Hows that little one ????
We all miss you lots

S

StifledArgument

I would but I have major surgery coming up and I will be "taking some time off from life" whatever the heck that means for a bit. I am not even supposed to drive or anything...wheee.

If you all go, I want pics!

C

Cha Ching

Slack I intended to go for years also...me and the wife went for the first time three years ago. We parked and right when I stepped out of the car there were four ladies getting out of their car next to us wearing their garb corsets (<sp?) and all. I looked at my wife with an evil grin and she just said, "Ohh my your going to have fun". I must say I was surprised at how much fun it was.

I just got drunk on stout beers, walked around getting my picture taken with random people that were dressed up, and had a blast at the shops. You will enjoy it alot if you go, but bring some cash cause you will want to buy a ton of stuff, whether it is beer, turkey legs, steak on a stake (my favorite) or items from the shops.

I bought some sort of animal horn that first year and bring it with me every year (it holds about a pint of beer). I dust that thing off a few times a year when the faire is closed, sit in the front yard, drink a few stouts, thinking about what a good time I had the last year, and how much fun I am going to have the next year.

Something funny was that I have been out of high school since '93 and I saw a ton of people that graduated with me. It was a reunion of sorts...although they were the "in" crowd back then, we were all the same out there. I even caught one of them dressed up with horns Glued to his head,carrying a bow, and all dressed up. He even had an elf sidekick.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

LOL
Does this mean I have to wear something special for you to know who I am ????

D

Dark Angel XXXX

K ty Tek
I will be the one wearing a bow in one hand and a fishing pole in the other lol

S

SLACK

Slack I intended to go for years also...me and the wife went for the first time three years ago. We parked and right when I stepped out of the car there were four ladies getting out of their car next to us wearing their garb corsets (<sp?) and all. I looked at my wife with an evil grin and she just said, "Ohh my your going to have fun". I must say I was surprised at how much fun it was.

I just got drunk on stout beers, walked around getting my picture taken with random people that were dressed up, and had a blast at the shops. You will enjoy it alot if you go, but bring some cash cause you will want to buy a ton of stuff, whether it is beer, turkey legs, steak on a stake (my favorite) or items from the shops.

I bought some sort of animal horn that first year and bring it with me every year (it holds about a pint of beer). I dust that thing off a few times a year when the faire is closed, sit in the front yard, drink a few stouts, thinking about what a good time I had the last year, and how much fun I am going to have the next year.

Something funny was that I have been out of high school since '93 and I saw a ton of people that graduated with me. It was a reunion of sorts...although they were the "in" crowd back then, we were all the same out there. I even caught one of them dressed up with horns Glued to his head,carrying a bow, and all dressed up. He even had an elf sidekick.
I was in Austin for 8 years and kept meaning to go but never did! I'm a little farther now but still would like to go. Do you have a link to their site?
If I go Tek has to go! :gee:

D

Dark Angel XXXX

OOps
I meant will be carrying a bow and fishing pole and diffently be wearing clothes lol

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Austin for 8 years and kept meaning to go but never did! I'm a little farther now but still would like to go. Do you have a link to their site?
If I go Tek has to go! :gee:
uhhhh yeah is it in Canada? I dont think so...

C

Cha Ching

http://www.srfestival.com/

That is their webpage...its not the greatest webpage but it is better than what they had last year.

You can get on youtube and type in scarborough faire texas and it brings up some ok videos of people walking around in their garb.