• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else noticing stuff not decaying properly?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm cleaning out my houses, just dumpin trash on the floor knowing it's gonna decay...only...it's not.

I've had stuff on the floor of my home for about 5 hours now and it's still there.....it's a very strange occurance and it's just cluttering up my beautiful home!

*laughs* Seriously though has anyone else noticed this???

G

Has been like this since AoS.. they screwed something up then, but heck if I know what exactly.. now items seem to decay at different rates. Weight maybe? Item type? No idea. All I know is I miss how it used to be with any player placed item dissapearing within.. 5 minutes was it?

G

Some items they forgot to turn on decay for, like stuffy animals and 7th anniversary items. Other stuff, mostly furniture, can sometimes be broken and won't decay. A few players like to collect that stuff and fill up their houses and castle courtyards with it.

G

I wish to place a trash barrel.

Rubble never decays btw. I've had a black rubble fern on my floor for a couple of weeks now. Now that I've posted I'm sure one of my guests will be pleased to come get it, but I'm surprised no one's made off with it in all this time.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SOME Rubble does decay, I tested it. Plants will decay, some small rock rubble walls will decay, some won't. I put 50 various pieces of rubble unlocked on my roof, all the plants decayed and some of the walls.

I've been cleaning house and organizing all day..BORING! But in this pic you can see just the bottom floor, the stuff that's circled has been there since this morning.

So it's very random as to what the items are..and don't ask why I have like 20 interior decorators *laughs*

G

Hmm
I wonder why your plants decay and mine don't. lol
I swear that fern has been sitting there forever and a day. I keep dusting it off thinking some person will be happy to grab it. No one ever does though. Maybe now that they can trade 'em in...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Laughs* Yeah don't be surprised if it's gone one of these days...just don't tell anyone where you live!!!!

Yeah ALL my rubble plants decayed that I had set out, no matter the weight. Some of the walls decayed, some didn't...it's very random and slightly odd.

G

Nah it's there for whoever wants it.
I'm often "cleaning house" like you are to try to get more lockdowns *laughs* so often people find treasures on my "front lawn" or within my house.
One guy last week was like "You dropped all this stuff!" and tried to give it back to me haha when I told him it was all his he was happy.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Laughs* I do the same thing...HEY I should bring all that crap...er....stuff... to New Haven or something...it's STILL sitting here! I wonder if it's just inside homes that it's happening...I'll have to test that.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been this way since AoS. I customized my house after unlocking several wooden benches and they stayed under the house sign, without decaying for about six weeks until I made a fireplace out of them for house decor. I have had a prepatch barrel staves lying on my floor, several postpatch yew style tables and chairs, as well as a few prepatch paintings, decorating my house for a few months now, none of them locked down. :] Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what will decay and what won't.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have never had issues with things not decaying. In the 5 years I have been playing, things that I drop on my floor decay within a matter of minutes.

This is the FIRST time in 5 years that this has happened to me, it's why I asked, and when I clean house I drop ALOT of stuff on the floor...so it's very unusual to see the stuff still sitting there

K

Kratos Aurion

looks like youre quite the junker in that pic!

and.. I'll be the first to say I'm having the same problem as you. I was cleaning out my house not even thinking stuff wouldn't decay (knowing it should within 15mins). Logged out and back in within a few hours and everything still lying where I left it.

Mostly what I was trashing was jewels, old plants, empty/useless containers, weapons, other misc stuff. Over 500 lock downs worth of items that didn't budge!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know!!! And I am such a packrat! It looks worse now! UGH! I swear this has never happened before, I hate putting on the stuff in the trash barrel cus 1. It fills up and you gotta wait for it to empty..and 2. If it's on another floor you gotta lug garbage all over the place...just not very time economical for me! *laughs* so I litter all over my floor.

To give you an example. When I sold my castle, it was almost at max storage. I left MOST of the stuff there for the new owner and dumped the rest into my luna house and my 18x18 in Fel. Both of my remaining houses are at about 50 available lockdowns left and both look something like this.

This is just 9 of the 20 containers I have in my luna house.....and I can't get rid of any of it!!! *laughs*

K

Kratos Aurion

I never understood why we couldnt place more than 1 barrel (1 per floor?). Think they would also be nice with unlimited item capacity with the option to auto delete items like britain trash cans.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohhh that would be awesome!

What I usually do is when I'm cleaning house like this I have one of those sacrificial altars on me so I can have multiple trash cans, but you still have to wait for the items to delete before you can re-deed it.

G

I usually place the trash barrel where I am working, and when it is full I wait the 3 minutes for the stuff to go *poof* then axe it and move to the next area. Everything I have just tossed on the floor has decayed, though.

I did item decay tests with a timer both outside on the ground, and inside a house, at the beginning of 2007. Everything (other than newbied items and death robes and other "fast decay" items) decayed at the same rate, which I believe was just under 180 minutes. I saved my notes with the times in a text file somewhere but can't seem to locate it, and I really don't want to repeat that testing again. (The reason I did it that time was I was hosting a large outdoor event that was to be heavily pre-decorated with items, and needed to know pretty accurately how long we had before the stage area disappeared.
)

-Skylark

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

If it's on another floor you gotta lug garbage all over the place...just not very time economical for me! *laughs* so I litter all over my floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to laugh at this because I can relate, though I might be worse.

Trash barrel in the other room? *drop*

I

imported_Cysphruo

anything that weighes a lot wont decay, you should see some of the trash in my house, i have junk rubble everywhere that i didnt want.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

Never offer to help Larisa move...omg that was like 5 hours of moving stuff. she collects everything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Never offer to help Larisa move...omg that was like 5 hours of moving stuff. she collects everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
*makes notes*
Gotcha!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator