• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else notice lowland bouras..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are as good, if not better than raptors?

Base damage: LLB by a considerable amount (11-17 vs 18-23)
Hps: LLB (392 vs 543)
Str: Raptor (455 vs 411)
Dex: Raptor in its only real noticeable victory (153 vs 93/125 maxed)
Int: Who cares.

Average resists: Raptor (46 vs 40)

Difficulty in taming... LLB wins, requiring only 30 taming, and while its not important, it starts with 90+ wrestling, to save time, while the raptor starts at 80 max.

Damage output, im going to guess is fairly even with the boura doing a bit more, and survivability probably goes to the boura too unless its a cold heavy attack.

Thought it was interesting.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent some quality time yesterday running around with a lowland/highland boura combination. They really were a great combination of pets.

But does the LLB really take only 30 taming to tame? If so, they could change things a lot.

edit: tested it... you can.

Now I'm going to have to play with 30 taming 30 lore characters who use lowland boura.
They could make a huge difference in low to mid range hunting.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I like the low taming requirement, it'll give newbie tamers something to play with from day 1. And they suit non tamers with some spare skill points too.

I might get some onto my non tamers just for fun. A crafter could get a lot of use out of one as protection from small spawn.

Have any of you tried transferring one of the new pets to a non upgraded account to see if that's possible?

Wenchy

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bet this will **** the fel pvpers off though rofl. Everyones going to be running around with 2 lowland bouras :D

R

RichDC

The big difference is Pack instinct, im not aware of bouras having it.

When you combine 2 raptors there damage skyrockets! Hit hard and VERY fast!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think the LLBs have pack instinct, but not the highlands. Could be wrong on this...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The LLB do have pack instinct, the Ruddy and HLB do not.

I played a bit with a HLB/LLB combination and found it VERY good, moreso than the untrained 2 raptor combination (I can't train up the test-pets since I have a HLB/LLB combo and a pair of wolf spiders and a skree waiting for bonding, and none of the new pets can come close to replacing my bake/beetle combo).

I have friends who transferred skree and boura to unupgraded accounts, and I'll be doing my own tests in that area later today, as I only upgraded one of my two accounts.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think the LLBs have pack instinct, but not the highlands. Could be wrong on this...
dosnt matter even if they did, they are 3 slots, so you can only have one.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the highland boura improves on the lowland boura's pack. I'm finding the combination of the two to be quite effective.

It isn't anywhere near what a rune beetle/nightmare can do (my favored combination), but you can't beat it for the low taming requirement.

M

maroite

My two semi-trained raptors put out about 100 damage a second. Hitting for about 40-50 each on troggs.

There Tacts and Anat aren't maxed, and their wrestling is around 85-87.

I didn't bother with bouras, too big. :x I hate my fat dragon for blocking things.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My two semi-trained raptors put out about 100 damage a second. Hitting for about 40-50 each on troggs.

There Tacts and Anat aren't maxed, and their wrestling is around 85-87.

I didn't bother with bouras, too big. :x I hate my fat dragon for blocking things.
Yeah, but 2 LLB should be doing as much or MORE damage. They have almost double the base damage. And they have 100+ extra hps...

They are big, but I think they look cool.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another great pet is the Ruddy boura.

They look just like the LLB in stats, but have no pack instinct. So why are they so good?

You don't even need to put the 30 points of taming and lore to control them. While they take 20 skill to tame (I tamed a few with JOAT taming on my humans), they take 0 points to control. That means that everyone can have a pair of boura without the skill investment.